Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Here's my wishlist:

- Move weapon customization options into a separate menu to unclutter the Action Menu

- IF POSSIBLE: Allow for walking inside of larger vehicles such as Ospreys and leaning in vehicles, as well as shooting out of them. If necessary, rip off some of BI Australia's code :yay:

Edited by Foxhound
No joking neither!

Chain of command system for different groups inside a group:

eg: 1-1A: 1-1A1, 1-1A2, 1-1A3

In other words, squads within squads.

Sound:

More varied sound effects for crawling through vegetation (bushes)

More varied ambient sounds for animals, (A2 you always hear that one bird all the time)

A sense of emotion in characters voices mainly fear, When im engaging hostiles at close range I want to hear them panicking and shouting.

Editor:

Placeable particle effects as you would an object without script (like smoke plumes)

List updated with all of your hearts contempt :)

A sound and effect suggestion (mostly sound):

Loudness of rifle gunfire differing depending on the length of barrel and size of caliber being fired through it. .308 (7.62x51 NATO) + Shorter barrel = louder gunshot and even muzzle blast. Differing recoil effects could also occure. Effects are also altered in the event of using a compensator or suppressor (obviously with the last one), though I should note that BIS seems to like adding what looks like a Noveske KX3 to end of their weapons as seen in OA and some A3 screenshots. It doesn't help suppress muzzleflash so much as it helps redirect gas to help short barrel rifles cycle (what it's doing on 16 inch or more barreled weapons is beyond me) and force gasses away from the shooter. Videos show that it produces a rather prominent flash.

This leads to the next wish:

Muzzle Breaks and Compensators, with actual use and effects depending on the type you use.

With the weapon attachments it'd be nice to see compensators make a notable change in how the weapon acts. Reduction or change in recoil, muzzle blast, and smoke effects from the barrel.

Small things like this could make setting up your load-out much more immersive, allowing one to tailor a rifle to how they see fit so long as the option is available.

Weather Effects on landscape (as in locked thread described here:Page 165)

Sound-preview in Editor without having to set up demo-triggers to test them (e.g. Dropdown-list with a play button next to it)

* High Command System

- Ability to interact with empty vehicles (such as commanding a squad to re-enter a helicopter they've been commanded to exit -- currently impossible as commander!).

- Ability to pause the game whilst plotting attack plans as the commander. Just like in real life, Squads don't get told to run towards the enemy without first knowing their ultimate goal.

- AI Commander. To create a map and squads/vehicles (any variation) with specific victory conditions and the AI Commander utilises the available resources in order to do so.. leading to virtually limitless mission experiences.

- Ability to merge/split new squads.

* The player

- Ability to merge into other squads if all your squadmembers have been killed or you're an ejected pilot or whatever.

* The AI

!!!!! Better pathfinding and vehicle control !!!!!! -- So sick of the AI turning a corner, bashing into a house, driving along and scraping the house for 2 minutes before being bombed by the enemy.

* Better use of cover and quicker to find it. AI in Arma2 seem to disregard cover, for the most part, prancing around in the open before being killed. In real life, you see the cover, and you're there in half a second.

* Running and shooting - as per my above point, if you're exposed then it would make sense to suppress the enemy with fire whilst moving to your cover.

AI:

- Xaitment pathfinding from VBS2! No more being unable to pass through a 2m wide opening for a single soldier. No more cars being unable to drive between 2 bushes 4 meters apart

+1 from me for that!

Support for editor-placed underground spaces, as seen in VBS2 promotional content.

GAME ENGINE

-Optimized for today's hardwares, no more requiring a computer 5 years in the future to

run smoothly

-will use all cores of computer efficiently, no more using only 25% each core

-able to take in more RAMs, no more hardcoded at 2047mb

-will use all the horsepower of GPU efficiently, no more letting CPU do all the work

-more video options such as turning off shaders completely

-less demanding anti-aliasing, integrate FSAA and MLAA

-less aggressive LOD switching, remove all those unecessary polygons which are not even noticeable and have heavy impact on performance

-dynamic view distance which will gradually change the view distance based on player's fps

@sapped: +1

Sure it's been mentioned before, I know I mentioned it on the old thread, but a major emphasis should be placed on the animation system (glad it's revamped, but new would be better), especially adding CQB support to tie in with metalcraze's Xaitment post. It's good for AI to be able to maneuver in tight spaces (or not so tight), but it doesn't help the player if movement is still clunky and not fluid.

Quick, fluid movements, especially with the weapon in hand. Sorry, but the arm movement in ArmA2 IS too slow. Soldiers are trained to be quick when bringing up their rifles, regardless of how much gear they've got. This is an advantage that floating hands currently have over ArmA2's current animations. Really, as far as bringing up my rifle, I should be as quick bringing up in ArmA2/3 as I am bringing it up in a game like AA3 (for the last time, AA3 is America's Army 3, ArmA, which was short for Armed Assault, is for the ArmA series... :P) or Medal of Honor MP. Maybe having more stances like low ready and high ready would help in that regard. Low ready would be slower, high ready faster, and crouched in low/high ready vs standing in low/high ready would mean different walking/running/sprinting animations, kinda like SMK animations but with more stances.

In addition, I've always felt the 1st person view of the weapon/rifle in typical FPS games is more realistic than ArmA2's zoomed in view of the gun. Seriously, I can see the charging handle of an M16 or M4 in real life. I'm not pressing the Acog sight to my cheek, which is what it seems like in ArmA2. Simply move the camera closer to the right eye, or in between the eyes, and move it back, closer to the head. And, if it's supposed to be realistic anyway, then you'd be looking through whatever eye-wear you have on, so your view would appear darker when wearing black eye protection, or a little yellowish/orange if wearing yellow/orange eyepro. Not to mention that would seriously increase immersion 10-fold.

EDIT: One more thing. Also mentioned this in the old thread I think, but Squad/Fireteam roles being an editor-defined thing. Since the player will choose the loadouts and gear of units in the editor, there's no need for unit addon makers creating an automatic rifleman with modeled on gear that can't be changed, so there's no need for making squad-role specific units. Make a base unit with a basic uniform, and then define that squad role in the editor. Maybe even assign categories to the weapons, and then after choosing the squad role, there's a menu that gives you gear options (mainly weapons). And it'd be good, at least for BLUFOR, to have Squads/fireteams definable in the editor, so that you can go ahead and choose your teams before you jump into the mission, and maybe a separate menu once the mission has begun where you can modify that. It'd also be good if the roles were based on the particular factions. So it'd be different for U.S. and UK, for example. And something comparable could be done for OPFOR. This would also make MP a lot easier to manage, as well as adding to the realism. And of course, this mainly applies strictly to Infantry. But a similar system could be in place for your pilots and gunners and crewmen, etc.

Oh, and it'd be cool if you could name your soldiers instead of having random generated names (single-play only)

Edited by antoineflemming

This can really help the game and makes it more real

1-Best animations

place the video at 4:40 when you are inside the tank could have animations as video in multplayer you push the button and switch to UAV camera in the tank assentosseriam

1 Pilot, Gunner 2 3 Someone to reload the cannon bullets. And you could enchergasr tank inside the tank to look around and see your friend reloading the cannon

Animations good are these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vklOq6KFQy4

When you enter the car show animation of you opening the door and entering the same when you go out

2 - More weapons not as a Weapon 2 guns are just for example -> M16-ACOG

But you have several weapons, for example: M4: there you can put ACOG dual scopes, red dot, etc..

3 - invez many vehicles and have few weapons should esquilibrar type some 60 weapons for each faction and the rest in vehicles

4-When your vehicle (tank cars, etc.) takes a shot rpg and begin to fire mainly in tank you should have chances to survive, but begin to catch on fire oh you should have to jump from the tank and start rolling the ground or something to extinguish the fire.

Well that's it for now

some notes that I think should be reworked...

> give us more freedom to choose, for example if I want to take sniper rifle and automatic rifle together instead of a bazooka etc.

> as much as more weapons as possible, and all of the other stuff

> add more animations such as hiding behind walls etc.

blind shooting, jump, roll (special forces only) etc.

more realistic movments and abilities.

> hand sign language to silently communicate with team

> MAKE AI MORE REALISTIC AND HUMAN LIKE, so they will not see me if i hide in a bushes or high grass and wount detect me if I use stealth movments...

> stop dead soldiers from exiting the vehicle and then die

> vehicle damage should be re-viewed

for example the M107 RIFLE is very powerful one its can destroy tank gears and stop it from moving etc.

> add more buildings and more close combat areas.

thats for now...

Thanks for releasing the A2F!

very good game.

Thanks.

How about adding rapelling down walls/cliffs

Edited by Timdog88

Thank you very much for a good game Arma 2. As I have learned in Arma three will be Russia fraction. would love to see in Arma three full armament of the Russian Federation, such as in Arma 2, but with new weapons for example t-90ms, Su-T50 pakfa, Mi-28N, At least for online play. Sorry if I write in the wrong section

Please give civilian cars a little love especially when offroad -they actually can move in dirt :p

I'm not quite sure if somebody else has already thought of this idea but, due to the feature of being able to steal a downed enemy's uniform maybe better CQB focused guns/ less bugs and glitches in close urban areas and maybe even the input of some form of stealth skill (also maybe it would be possible to steal his radio and act as a recon guy listening in on the enemy positions) :D

remove unneeded keysstrokes

- if i run against a fence i will autojump over the fence

- same with leadder (looking up will mean i want go up)

improve driving

- add the wight of the car before the train limitation

make the magazin pockets full customize able (eg. a mag holder cant hold a 2 big item)

- eg add 3 mag holder, 1 big bags for grenades, etc

Edited by SaltatorMortis

can you do in a few fractions arma3 it attracts more players (customers) such as the fraction of Germany, France, Italy, Britain, and of course Russia and America, and each faction with their arms, it will make the game on the network is very diverse. I have many friends in Russia who play arma2 and we like how Russian weapons and foreign. Sorry for bad English

The ability to climb on waist-high objects by using the standard vault key.

An example: You're on a rooftop, and you get stuck when a part of it is raised to waist height.

In Takistan, the problem is circumvented by placing wooden boards to get up on that part. In Arma 3, you could just climb on there. Of course, it would have to be an appropriately lengthy process. This solution would also be useful if you had to climb out of something like a trench.

• Climbing / volting system, rather than just an animation - be able to climb over walls and obsticles
  • commrose system
  • Ability to walk in moving air vehicles for halo drops e.t.c
  • More ambient and long distant sound effects
  • More ACTION!!!, improved explosions, bullet impacts e.t.c