dimaria

What do I do at night

Hi. I love the game. Mini Dayz is lots of fun. I just don't know what to do when it gets dark! I can't see well, eventually my headlamp, fire, or flare all run out and then I am left in the dark. I usually walk right into zombies or bandits and night and there isn't much I can do about it. My current strategy is to stay in a house for the entire night and hope I have enough food and drink to get me through until morning. Is this how you are supposed to play? Anyone have some tips for playing/searching around at night?

Hello dimaria,

First of all I am very happy to hear you are having such a wonderful time with Mini DayZ. As for strategies at night.

1) Have a firearm equipped when exploring, this highlights infected, bandits, animals with your reticle.

That's really all  there is. You will used to exploring at night as you familiarize yourself with the game. Best of luck. ^

• Like 2

I turn up my brightness setting to the max and do what Valbunny said - Have my gun out to highlight any enemies I come across. 

I believe that walking around at night lessens the detection for zombies and looters... I think...

Playing at night might be tricky depending if you have sunlight reflecting off your device screen or not. 

When i play minidayz at evenings i use night time in game for free looting because with max brightness you can see quite well .

However if its daytime i cant see shit so i try to be carefull and use roads for traveling or just stay in house for the duration 

During night time there are a few strategy's that you can do to. My personal choice is to find food to grow and survive the night (on veteran difficulty) but usually it takes 2-3 tries to get it right or get lucky enough to get food quickly and start growing it as night is falling. If you are playing on easier difficulties where the food and water consumption is a lot slower you can do a run and gun strategy and go town to town and move to another when you start running out of food or water and camp inside of houses to keep your heat up and recover health that you might loose while looting. But if its too hard to see what your doing and avoid enemy's in the recent update for mobile devices (on october1st) there is a new perk that allows you to see better during the night cycle and that might help with your sight problem. For long term survival if you plan on not changing islands anytime soon its best to make a garden with zucchini if you find one (they give the best food and water stats out of all the plants) and have a few bell peppers and tomatoes growing so that you can take a few for exploring because they can stack up to 3, unlike zucchini. Iv had the best success with the farming strategy and if things start going bad while the plants are still going ill try and explore a close town for whatever i need to survive the night. By the end of day 2 or early day 3 you should have enough crops growing to the point where you can store extra inside a near by house and make a food pile and have around 10-15 crops growing at the same time. Just keep in mind that if you do alot of exploring that your items on the ground can despawn if u go too far and/or stay away too long. so always carry 1 or 2 plants on you if you have the space so that if your food pile is gone when you get back that u can regrow your garden or use them as food while your other crops finish growing.