Sign in to follow this  
Goodkat94

Why isn´t there a female skin?

Hello Bohemia Interactive Team,

i have a question for you, why isn´t there a female skin to choose? I mean we have 2017, womans can be soldiers in my country and i know some women playing Arma 3. Its just lame that they have to take a male character. The immersion is always gone when they start talking and the options about roleplay fall worse.

I have seen female characters in some mods, why you can´t implement it to the game? The work is already done and the gender stick is a hot topic in this years. I guess you dont want this shitstorm around you..

Regards,

Goodkat

So, yeah, been discussed MANY times on these very forums. You could read through those for your answer (if you want one).

• Like 3

As Rich says its been discussed many times since release... I might be wrong but i dont think BI has ever responded as of yet. I'm personally in favor of it and so are most of my friends but it most likely wont happen in A3... Maybe A4 if Bohemia decides to add females.

• Like 1

to put it simply - too much effort for too little gain. also - too little interest and benefit for the community (well, this is subjective, but it's what I've perceived over a period of time).

there's much better things to spend time on and Arma is not a MMORPG (like DayZ, f.e.).

• Like 1

On 28/09/2017 at 11:44 PM, Hamakaze said:

. Maybe A4 if Bohemia decides to add females.

Dev probably not interested in. It seems BI females are just good enough for answering phone! (LOW campaign).

On 9/27/2017 at 3:29 AM, Goodkat94 said:

I have seen female characters in some mods, why you can´t implement it to the game?

These use the default arma skeleton, a female model would require a different one, along with all the various animations associated with it.. it's a project on its own.

Ask Horrible Goat, and Zeelax !!

• Like 1

I play Arma with my wife, we use RHS mods they have Female head. FOr servers without RHS she uses any camo face without facial hair. 

1 hour ago, Mirek said:

I play Arma with my wife, we use RHS mods they have Female head. FOr servers without RHS she uses any camo face without facial hair. 

Sadly the female head has been removed from RHS now :down:

Bi is sexist, only answer

this game is like 4 years old + would take months and millions to create a female cast identical to the male cast, something of which it doesnt pay to do, go look at dayz, they have females and that is your future arma 4 engine in all likelyhood, sooo until next game