MX DrKiss

Argo feedback after 120 hours of play

I almost exclusively play Combat Patrol only. I enjoy the game a lot most of the time and these are my observations after reaching level 12.

1. The most annoying bug right now in Combat Patrol is missing loadouts. After mission creation, randomly the game does not provide me with my custom loadouts. It mostly defaults to Grenadier, AutoRifleman or Marksman and sometimes Team Leader.  It also happens rarely that I select a loadout but when the mission loads I have a different weapon.
  2. Serious players try to do the missions with no forced respawns. Occasionally, we get "Zero Casualty failed"  messages right at the start of the mission. It's really frustrating.
  3. Target tagging or player marker missing  on the minimap. It happens quite often that we don't see each other or each other's marks. 
  4. AI "unfairness". This includes many things: 1.) AI seeing through vegetation. 2.) AI shooting through windows covered with shutters. 3.) Unrealistic aim with the grenade launcher. 

There are other annoying bugs but in my opinion, the bugs above make people leave the game behind. Unfortunately, it's hard to find dedicated players who stick around with Argo. On an average evening, I can probably find one standard server with 8-9 people and maybe one dedicated server with 1-3 people on it. That does not look good.

Another performance issue, which is probably known by many players. Graphics settings have to be dumbed down in order to be able to play the game at all. If I set my graphics settings up, input lags become a huge issue. I would love to play the game on triple screen, it would improve my FoV dramatically, and would help me, but it's impossible to aim once three screens are enabled, the input lag can almost be measured in seconds.    

I hope you keep improving the game-play and fix the bugs, because the game is amazingly immersive and addictive. 

DrKiss

Combat patrol only? :eh:
I played 100+ hours, mostly LINK and CLASH.
I agree that on an average evening, it's hard to find a LINK server. Mostly one or two full servers 10/10 and 1-2 with 2-3 players. That's it. (but I filter at 100 ping)
Luckily CLASH is better represented. 

It would be nice to get some reactions form the developers, if these issues are known and being worked on, or these are just "the charm" factor of ARGO.

There is some reactions sometimes, but not on every media though...

So this is a discussion I had with an ARGO team member on the Discord about the last update (1.04) that was saying fixing the Respawn issues.
Here is the answers I got.

2017-09-21 - Rework of respawn system for PvP modes took a month of work for our scripter, and it had higher priority simply because we still are more PvP oriented.

2017-09-26 Hey guys, just a heads-up, in the upcoming update even CP will use the new respawn system. Disclaimer to that, some issues can still persist, but it should definetely improve the experience.

So I encourage you to join the Official Discord as well to be help you get all the available information.

4 minutes ago, EricR said:

There is some reactions sometimes, but not on every media though...

So this is a discussion I had with an ARGO team member on the Discord about the last update (1.04) that was saying fixing the Respawn issues.
Here is the answers I got.

So I encourage you to join the Official Discord as well to be help you get all the available information.

True, but the information flow should improve, as Argo will finally have a Community Manager, she is now in training :P

1) The missing loadouts is something we are aware of and investigating as it does not happen in the game but while transferring information to our Cloud system

2) Will report this and see what can be done.

3) Do you have any video or repro steps or is it random?

4) We are currently looking into tweaking AI presets to still be challenging but not frustrating.

• Like 1

On 26/09/2017 at 5:23 PM, DrKiss said:

4) AI "unfairness". This includes many things: 1.) AI seeing through vegetation. 2.) AI shooting through windows covered with shutters. 3.) Unrealistic aim with the grenade launcher. 

1) & 2) - It already happened that I shoot someone through vegetation, door or window's shutter... we can still see between branches, leaves and wood planks ;)

2 hours ago, ITokyYourCookie said:

True, but the information flow should improve, as Argo will finally have a Community Manager, she is now in training :P

Good to hear :)

3) Do you have any video or repro steps or is it random?
For me, it usually happens when a wounded player just died and he is waiting to respawn at the "Respawn" screen,
his icon marker on the mini map can remains on the map (but not the unconscious marker, the normal), then disappear when he respawn.

4) We are currently looking into tweaking AI presets to still be challenging but not frustrating.
The only thing that is really bothering is when they see, move and shoot through walls.
It can happen that they shoot before aiming too... most often while between 2 animations, like from the prone position to standing up.
Also sometimes they shoot but their weapon is not even yet "ready"... aiming at something.

The AI grenadiers make the game really frustrating. Their aim is better with the grenade launch than me and my MAR-10 from 7-800m.  Please tone the AI down!

7 hours ago, DrKiss said:

The AI grenadiers make the game really frustrating. Their aim is better with the grenade launch than me and my MAR-10 from 7-800m.  Please tone the AI down!

are you serious? :rotfl: you want to shoot poor AI with MAR-10   from 800 m without any punishment ? and cry that they shoot better :face_palm:

7-800m ?? This doesn't happen much, you just need to find them before they do or change something about you tactic.
Isn't 7-800 ft instead ? Would make more sens IMO.