MadManYo

How to switch from one character to another in the same scenario with the Eden Editor?

I'm working on series of singleplayer scenarios and, inorder to make them more fluid I would like to be able to switch from the first character to the next one via a trigger. How do I do this? Or is even possible with the Eden Editor?

Hello, Welcome to Bis forums!

You dont need to use a trigger to switch to another character, you can just use teamswitch, just make sure that all the other units that you want to switch

to are set to playable, to do that you have to have a player character to start.

Not sure if you know about teamswitch or you do and just want a quicker switch to a playable unit, am i correct?

selectplayer <Name of unit you want to switch to>.
Example :  selectplayer SoldierOne;

9 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Hello, Welcome to Bis forums!

You dont need to use a trigger to switch to another character, you can just use teamswitch, just make sure that all the other units that you want to switch

to are set to playable, to do that you have to have a player character to start.

Not sure if you know about teamswitch or you do and just want a quicker switch to a playable unit, am i correct?

I am not aware of team switch or how to use it. Thanks for the welcome. 

9 hours ago, -LUGER- said:

selectplayer <Name of unit you want to switch to>.
Example :  selectplayer SoldierOne;

Thanks would this be put in a trigger?

44 minutes ago, MadManYo said:

I am not aware of team switch or how to use it.

All you do is make friendly AI, or any unit that you want to switch to playable, then when ingame press Q i think it is, i forget the default key but you can look it up in the controls,

but basically you press the key and you will get a menu that comes up that lists all the available units you can switch too, and what weapon they are using,

click on one of them and you will be them.

A video i recorded about a year ago on how to make multiple units playable at once,

once you do that you can switch to any of them:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MadManYo said:

Thanks would this be put in a trigger?

Yeah it will work in a trigger, its the way I would do it if I wanted to switch to a different character automatically