zeroip

Utilize engine funcion for connecting to server?

Hello!

This is an odd question. I've thought of the idea of a "unified arma" gamemode that crosses between sp and mp missions. By default, that would require the player to manually switch between the two, as expected. However, learning of engine extensions like Intercept, I'm wondering if there's a way to utilize something like the automatic server connect when you launch the game, or the engine function that connects to a server, so that it's more seamless or instant? If it could be utilized in c++ that would be huge.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Yes, odd!

I think I did a very poor job of explaining this. Basically there are functions like hostMission, that let you start an mp mission from main menu, or playMission for sp missions from main menu. Is there a similar one for joining a server someone else is hosting?

You can use this KK script to transfer from server to server, but there is some quirks that need to be ironed out (like periodically bugging the map out for some users).

http://killzonekid.com/farewell-my-arma-friends/

As onEachFrame persists after mission has exited (definitely in MP, maybe in SP - needs to be checked), you could potentially modify this to work from SP to server.  You would just need to know the IDD's and IDC's of buttons that would be clicked by user if you were to navigate the menus by clicking them with your mouse.

If you want to find out about intercept, it would be quicker for you if you join the Arma discord and check with Dedman - he's active on there and is carrying on the work with intercept.  Maybe he'll read this thread, but definitely is over there.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Did you test playScriptedMission ? Just a hint, the problem is far above my head.

That's definitely not it, I've already looked into it.

10 hours ago, das attorney said:

You can use this KK script to transfer from server to server, but there is some quirks that need to be ironed out (like periodically bugging the map out for some users).

http://killzonekid.com/farewell-my-arma-friends/

As onEachFrame persists after mission has exited (definitely in MP, maybe in SP - needs to be checked), you could potentially modify this to work from SP to server.  You would just need to know the IDD's and IDC's of buttons that would be clicked by user if you were to navigate the menus by clicking them with your mouse.

If you want to find out about intercept, it would be quicker for you if you join the Arma discord and check with Dedman - he's active on there and is carrying on the work with intercept.  Maybe he'll read this thread, but definitely is over there.

Now that's super interesting, I've never seen this before and I've looked into his stuff in the past. Thanks!