Well that's the problem. Sides in Arma are defined here:

Arma 3

In ArmA 3:

BLUFOR (NATO, FIA) is west or blufor

OPFOR (CSAT, FIA) is east or opfor

Independent (AAF, FIA) is resistance or independent

While "guer" is a "stringified" friendly version as per here:

When used in conjunction with a format statement hint format["%1", side player], the returned strings are: "WEST", "EAST", "GUER", "CIV", "LOGIC", "ENEMY" (eg: renegades), "FRIENDLY", "AMBIENT LIFE", "EMPTY" or "UNKNOWN".

So it looks like ALiVE is storing side as a string using FORMAT (for some reason). I need to change the comparison operator. Will try doing so very soon and report back.

58 minutes ago, Duke101 said:

It comes up with:

guer

east

west

Just a clarification, it was actually:

"guer"
"east"
"west"

(with quotes), correct?

UCM v0.13.0 has just been released. Main changes:

•   Allow custom variables to be set in persistency
  •   Add multiple origins & Landing Zones
  •   Improve requested callbacks
  •   Expose more functions
  •   ALiVE fix for GUER  @Duke101)
  •   Make map markers optional enhancement

Thank you all for feedback.

Best,

_SCAR

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We've been having an issue where 5 or more AI workers will get killed by some of the ambient spawning tools, as well as them just cluttering up the area in general. Is is possible to disable these, or at least reduce them?

killed by spawned tools? this does sound weird. Can you please share your settings. 

16 hours ago, _SCAR said:

killed by spawned tools? this does sound weird. Can you please share your settings. 

Trying to recreate it. I was told by some people who had tested it, but in subsequent testing I can't make it happen. Trying to do their mission that they set up but... it wasn't done correctly either.

I have noticed something, though. It seems that if you set the workers to be the CIVILIAN faction, a BLUFOR player cannot access the foreman. If you set the workers to be BLUFOR then a BLUFOR player can interact with the foreman.. but of course OPFOR will engage and kill the workers.

5 hours ago, Col Penny said:

I have noticed something, though. It seems that if you set the workers to be the CIVILIAN faction, a BLUFOR player cannot access the foreman. If you set the workers to be BLUFOR then a BLUFOR player can interact with the foreman.. but of course OPFOR will engage and kill the workers.

Yes this is expected behavior, you can only interact if they are the same faction.

4 hours ago, _SCAR said:

Yes this is expected behavior, you can only interact if they are the same faction.

Interesting. That makes for some nice scenarios I have to make them work around. Doesn't bother me, just didn't expect it. Does that also mean BLUFOR couldn't order around the construction workers to get in vehicles or go to the site, etc?

Also found something. Been testing the settings that they had for this mission. Had 40 pieces set to work at 5 minutes each when 10 workers are present. Left the server for a bit because I had to go to dinner.. when I came back ~1.5 hours later, I had completely lost the ability to interact with anything. Couldn't use the foreman functions, and couldn't load one of my materials. For testing purposes I restarted the mission, and all the functionality came back. I left the server and rejoined, and I could still call materials but could no longer call for workers.

Also had another player JIP and they could call for materials, but not for workers.

(Sorry for double post)

Played with it for about an hour with another player, and found out what they meant by AI 'randomly dying'.

When I have ten workers in the area (which, tbh, is a little much, but you know, testing) sometimes some of the AI will get teleported out to the edge of the map. On one occasion it was only one, on another it was 6 different AI.

As requested, here is a screenshot of our settings:

https://imgur.com/a/kw2Cj

For additional reference, here is a screenshot of the construction they're building. It's intended to be a checkpoint.

https://imgur.com/a/FdWEM

EDIT: I put this and the above post on your GitHub for tracking purposes. I'm sure that's where you'd prefer bug reports, after I thought about it.

• Thanks 1

Hey _SCAR is there a way to set this up so the workers are already working at mission start?

I'd like to use this for a non persistent mission, but I'm unsure how I would set it up and have the workers already on site doing their thing.

I assume I would have to also do something with the supplies to make the mod recognise them?  

15 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Hey _SCAR is there a way to set this up so the workers are already working at mission start?

I'd like to use this for a non persistent mission, but I'm unsure how I would set it up and have the workers already on site doing their thing.

I assume I would have to also do something with the supplies to make the mod recognise them?  

Never tried, but https://github.com/ostinelli/SCAR_UCM/blob/master/functions/core/fn_createWorkers.sqf should do the job.

Similarly, https://github.com/ostinelli/SCAR_UCM/blob/master/functions/core/fn_createMaterial.sqf

Let me know :)

• Like 1

0.14.0 has just been released. It fixes some bugs related to workers teleportation, actions availability and animations.

• Like 2

0.15.0 Has been released. Improves MP and JIP compatibility.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

UCM v0.16.0 released, with better JIP compatibility.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey man,

I'm interested in using this for the first time with a persistent ALiVE insurgency campaign on my server.

I have a few questions.

1. Is there any issues with using an AI mod like VCOM and this mod i.e. conflicts, etc. that you are aware of?

2. My server stays up 24/7 but alive goes into pause mode when no players are on...does this mod also autopause or will workers continue to "work" even with no players on the server?

3. Any issues with Headless clients and this mod that you are aware of?

Just double checking on these.  This looks outstanding for adding another level of immersion for insurgency campaigns.

Anyone know if this mod still works? I tried setting it up, but the materials delivered weren't ace interactable, so I couldn't move them.

Sorry I have taken a pause modding Arma a while ago. I would recommend trying out the default mission and seeing if it works. Also, ACE is optional.

• Sad 1