BooTheForest

How to get AI animations in multiplayer

Hello folks, 

I've been working on getting Arma 3 animations in multiplayer. Im having a really tough time doing this. Im creating a simple mission that i want to be able to host for a few friends. Currently im trying to use this command,

*See comment down below*

Ah for some reason editing is just not working, allow me repost the full message here

Hello folks, 

I've been working on getting Arma 3 animations in multiplayer. Im having a really tough time doing this. Im creating a simple mission that i want to be able to host for a few friends. Currently im trying to use this command i found elsewhere.

if (isServer) then { [[this,"STAND1"],BIS_fnc_ambientAnim ] remoteExec ["call"] }; OK 

I've been assuming i put this command in the units init field, from there ive been launching the game and nothings been happening. I've read i might need to do some stuff in the description.ext file but im unsure of this and don't even know where to begin as i've only done audio commands for that. If anyone could help out and give me some direction i would be very grateful. 

@fn_Quiksilver Ok so i made a InitServer.sqf file in my scenario folder and pretty much copied exactly what you wrote into it. Went into the game and renamed the unit to my_unit and then hosted my own server. As soon as i got in the Unit was just frozen not moving or anything. Not sure what i did wrong?

1 hour ago, BooTheForest said:

@fn_Quiksilver Ok so i made a InitServer.sqf file in my scenario folder and pretty much copied exactly what you wrote into it. Went into the game and renamed the unit to my_unit and then hosted my own server. As soon as i got in the Unit was just frozen not moving or anything. Not sure what i did wrong?

what animation are you trying to make the unit do? put him into position or repeat a sequence? im not sure BIS_fnc_ambientAnim is the right tool for the job, there are alternatives I can help you with, but need to know what the desired outcome is first.

part of the issue is that BIS_fnc_ambientAnim may not be multiplayer compatible

@fn_Quiksilver For now im trying to do things like "STAND1" "SIT1" the basic animations found on  the wiki. I've come to find out it seems to work every now and then, but its like a 1/20 chance the animations will actually load. It seems to be completely random and i'm totally lost on how im making them work even a fraction of the time. So far out of the last 40 reloads its worked twice. 

Judging from experience in mp this one works:

[this,"SIT2"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim;

Just place it in the init of the unit.

This one should also work if you want the unit to stop the animation do they detect a threat:

[this,"SIT2"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim;
0 = this spawn {waitUntil {behaviour _this == "combat"};
_this call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim__terminate;}

Placed too in the init of the unit.

And if more complex animations are needed there is another kind of code too.

Regards,

HE

@helicopterenthusiast  It seems to be working now. I managed to change it to:

[this,"STAND1", "FULL"] call BIS_fnc_ambientAnim; 

I don't see why it works now but it was not working at all earlier? Im also pretty sure i tried that exact code earlier. 

• Like 1