b00tsy

MINI DOMINATION [COOP]

This mission is inspired upon the original (ArmA 2) Domination game mode.

* Island Tanoa
* No mods (vanilla)
* Coop 10+1 (also playable alone in MP mode)

This mission is inspired upon the great game mode 'Domination' that was made by 'Xeno' on ArmA 2. This mission is created from scratch so no copy/paste from the original Domination code, but I it is inspired on the original Domi.
You can expect the same gameplay/setup, but then towned down to coop proportions. This is mainly an infantary mission now instead of a full combined ops mission. In this version there are no AI retaliation waves after capturing a town and the bluefor base will not be attacked. However, there is a chance that one of the random AI patrols outside of towns will go towards a town to protect it.

Roles:

*Commander (High command+support ability)

*Team Leader
*Explosives Expert
*Medic
*Rifleman

*Grenadier
*Auto Rifleman
*AT Rifleman

*Pilot (Chopper+CAS)

*Sniper
*Spotter

Features:

* Commander role is able to place waypoints for all teams (CTRL+SPACE)  and is able to call in different kinds of support (support channel) for a limited amount of times.

* Domination style camera intro

* Video outro

* Halo jump. You can Halo jump from the flag pole at the base and a Halo jump flag pole will be placed at every town you capture (along with a custom ammo box)

* set the mission to evening or morning at the base (atm clickable signs @base, will become an addaction for commander)

* Scripted service point for the choppers and rewarded CAS jet.

*  Respawn players @Base (60secs)

* Respawn Vehicles (rewarded vehicles will not respawn!)

* Place sandbags (place a sandbag wall at the place you look at) (WIP)
 * Garbage collecting
 * Side-Ops with rewards (2 side ops missions)

* Dynamic markers for all players

* Saved loadouts

* More underway...

Objective:

The objective is to capture all towns just like you are used to in Domination. To capture a town you need to eliminate all OpFor within the AO area and you need to destroy the communications tower. After these conditions have been met a 'Halo Jump' flag pole will appear in the captured town and a new town location that you have to capture will be present on the map. Besides from capturing towns side mission(s) will be available that will give your team a reward if you complete it. Currently a CAS jet and a Ghosthawk will be available at the base after completing side-ops.

This mission can be played as a milisim and use choppers instead of Halo, but the flag poles are there just in case you want to play it more casual.

In total there are 5 towns to capture. Not sure if it's enough, but it should give a coop team a few hours of fun.

Notes:

I am still working on the mission and adding things to the mission. Feedback is apreciated :)

Have fun!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1138392037

• Like 5

Excellent ... thanks b00tsy!  Could we get a non-Steam link as well please ?  Dropbox or GoogleDrive would be cool.

Yw kremator, I will a add it on armaholic too in a bit and update the opening post here with the new link :)

Edit: I have no idea what pbo to upload from the arma 3 folders, because I can only see the raw mission files and a saved game pbo from the mission.

• Like 1

I've had a little go at it and I like it.  Wasn't able to stick it onto my dedi as I don't like using steam for the server.

Some bugs .... I have found that my AI (when they die) do not always respawn :(

Inventory needs a little look (as starting with nothing on respawn is a little disheartening.  Either give a save option (and remove from the stashes) or respawn with same equipment please.

This has GREAT potential. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kremator said:

I've had a little go at it and I like it.  Wasn't able to stick it onto my dedi as I don't like using steam for the server.

Some bugs .... I have found that my AI (when they die) do not always respawn :(

Inventory needs a little look (as starting with nothing on respawn is a little disheartening.  Either give a save option (and remove from the stashes) or respawn with same equipment please.

This has GREAT potential. 

Thanks for the feedback! The last time I played Domi in ArmA 2 was at least 3 years ago. I remember spawning in the original Domi without weapons too so I did the same in my version. I'll see if I can add a save feature for the loadout :) The friendly AI should respawn with a basic weapons loadout I think. I will have a look at the respawning of the friendly AI, at my end they did respawn so far.

Cheers :)

Edit: I have updated the mission already and added saved loadouts for players on respawn.

Update: I have added a 2nd side ops mission that will give you a reward if you complete it and I updated and tweaked the AI.

Not sure how long I will keep working on the mission as almost nobody plays it, but if anyone has some feature requests and feedback then I will put it in the mission before I move on :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kremator said:

I'm playing it :)

You and 29 other war sheeps :)

If Kremator likes it, it must be good, I'll give it a try!

Thanks for investing your time b00tsy!

Yw and cheers for giving it a go. 44 war sheeps now! :)

7 hours ago, kremator said:

If you build it .... they will come :)

I try to build it. I am not an advanced scripter at all, but persistence and time compensates for that :P Mission design is my favorite part of creating missions :)

• Like 1