Sign in to follow this  
Bosh

Spawning a map marker in an sqf file that follows a unit until it dies

I've got an edited side mission from the BMR insurgency mission by Jisgor and I was hoping to spawn a map marker that follows the downed pilot.

Currently, the side mission spawns a pilot who should move around and when a Blufor unit gets close enough the downed pilot is added to their group. The side mission is then completed when the downed pilot is returned to base.

I was hoping to replace the downed pilot with a rebel commander who roams around with a map marker following him, updating every 1 minute or so for example.

I have seen people achieve this with placed markers and triggers but I don't want to have a trigger placed in the mission forever constantly firing. I was hoping to have it all happen through the side mission sqf which then clears it all up.

Any help would be great.

side mission here - https://pastebin.com/6TJaDtbY

If you want answers, then don't make your question hard to read !

aside from that, your question is very vague. What part of it do you have problems with? Where are you stuck?

• Like 1

Google Dynamic markers, you are not the first one in ArmA history with this question. The Awnser is out there Neo, follow the white rabit.

I use the below code in my init.sqf file within my mission files.

1.  Create a marker called t1 

2.  Name the object (my below example is a truck called truck1), this can be a person etc.

[] spawn {
  while {not isnull truck1} do { "t1" setmarkerpos getpos truck1; sleep 0.5; };
};

Let me know if this helps :)

If you google the thread title you receive plenty of solutions.

This is probably the second most asked question besides "how to make group board heli".

Cheers

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

you google the thread title you receive plenty of solutions.

Haha true. If you leave out the SQF part you'll probably even find solutions as old as 2001. (and some of them would still work)

20 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

If you google the thread title you receive plenty of solutions.

This is probably the second most asked question besides "how to make group board heli".

Cheers

Ahh, but the real question no-one can EVER DARE answer is, :don14:

"How do you make a group board a heli and THEN spawn a marker in an sqf file that follows that heli until it dies!!"  :f:

• Like 3