AngryHerring

Custom Textures not appearing on other players than me

Hello, recently I stumbled over a quite difficult task, and never managed to figure it out. 

I've been trying to apply custom textures for my units,but they only seem to appear on my client side, whilst on other players they are completely invincible (No clothes, only vest).

x This is from my point of view; https://imgur.com/a/MGcY7

x This is from my FRIENDS POV; https://imgur.com/a/gWKC4

This is my "Uniforms.sqf" script to run the textures.

/*
    Custom uniforms for
    Civilians, Medics and Cops

Created by: Stanley / Invision
*/

#define FETCH_CONST(var) (call     var)
if(side player == independent) then {
    if ((uniform player) == "U_B_CTRG_3") then { player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\MedicU6_co.paa"]; };   // When inependendt wear CTRG (rolled up), displays medic skin
};

if(side player == west) then {
    if (uniform player == "U_B_CTRG_3") then {
        player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\cvgcop7_co.paa"]; // When blufor wear CTRG (rolled up), displays police skin
    };
};

if(side player == opfor) then {
    if ((uniform player) == "U_IG_Guerrilla_6_1") then { player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\guerilla_skull_co.paa"]; }; // When Opfor wear Guerilla Apparell , displays rebel skin
};

if ((uniform player) == "U_BG_Guerrilla_6_1") then { player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\guerilla_skull_co.paa"]; }; // same as above
};

if ((uniform player) == "U_OG_Guerrilla_6_1") then { player setObjectTextureGlobal [0, "textures\guerilla_skull_co.paa"]; };/ /same as above
};

And i'm using an keyhandler to execute it again when texture bugs out. (works like a charm).

I've tested out multiple stuff, by both using .JPG and .PAA files, but neither of them seems to work. Also setting Objecttexture to global, but has no impact on other players.

I would REALLY appreciate if someone was able to help me

Thanks!

// AngryHerring

Not sure this can work with setObjectTextureGlobal. And not sure the mission root (any method) can return the accurate path all times. I often experienced some:

mpMission\__cur_mp.tanoa.... which fails as not recognized path for the command.

See this post:

@pierremgi thank you (I got it working some time ago, but forgot to thank you!)

For anyone wondering whats in my Uniforms.sqf i use the code ;  

// Blufor Textures

if(side player == west) then {
              // Survival Fatigues
            if(uniform player == "U_B_survival_uniform") then {

[player,[0,"textures\clothing\cvgdpchief.jpg"]] remoteExec ["setObjectTexture", 0, true];

};

I am also using an script that applies these texture, because they seem to bug out sometimes; I did this by creating a small .sqf with the lines; 

while {alive player} do {
  execVM "texture.sqf"; 
  sleep 15; };

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, AngryHerring said:

I am also using an script that applies these texture, because they seem to bug out sometimes; I did this by creating a small .sqf with the lines; 

while {alive player} do {
  execVM "texture.sqf"; 
  sleep 15; };

Hummm, I don't believe in a bug. Perhaps, some lag due to too many heavy scripts or  network load,...

or the fact the texture is non persistent with respawn, switch, or lobby back situations.

The 2 first ones can be improved by event handlers. The lobby back (without disconnection) is not easy to manage.

Anyway, try to understand what could be the cause.

• Like 1