Yes, that would be very good. It is possible without settings and save, but just a standard position.

• Like 2

With the script version, would it be possible to have an object at base (say a map board) that has an addaction on it that could be used to set up the compass without having a menu item always travelling with the player?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lawndartleo said:

With the script version, would it be possible to have an object at base (say a map board) that has an addaction on it that could be used to set up the compass without having a menu item always travelling with the player?

I agree, it would be sort of nice to remove the addAction after the settings have been made. But then you couldn't adjust the compass brightness if the lighting in the game changed. (say it became night and you didn't want the compass as bright)

Fire

• Like 1

I have been trying this with my exile server, has anyone been able to get it working with exile?

23 minutes ago, Prime4G said:

I have been trying this with my exile server, has anyone been able to get it working with exile?

Did you gave @aussie battler's GitHub a look? Its basically a tutorial on how to set this up for the exile mod. Or ask him directly

On 9/26/2017 at 7:00 PM, Unknown_GTX said:

Did you gave @aussie battler's GitHub a look? Its basically a tutorial on how to set this up for the exile mod. Or ask him directly

Thanks, I never saw the exile version when I looked!

• Like 1

UPDATE 1.1:

- Mod compatibility created (ACE³, RHS, CBA).

- Mod structure created thanks to @Flax.

- Removed action-entry. Added button on pause-screen. @lawndartleo

- Math/Logic optimization thanks to LittleWizard8.

- Runs by default. @pioneer

- Fixed singleplayer issues. @katipo66

- Fixed 3DEN issues. 

- Markers still are a huge impact but you can disable them. @s0l0knight

- Script version not updated yet

• Like 3

I used this on my exile server, the players loved it! The downside though is you can use the compass to locate players in game; and also it makes you drop anywhere from 10-20+ Fps.... :(

56 minutes ago, Prime4G said:

I used this on my exile server, the players loved it! The downside though is you can use the compass to locate players in game; and also it makes you drop anywhere from 10-20+ Fps.... :(

The FPS drop is likely caused by many markers being present on the map. As for locating players can you describe how this is done.

Greetings...

Is the signature correct?

Key is "KestrelStudios-UGTX.bikey"
Signature is "compass.pbo.unknownGTX.bisign"

Im getting a signature mismatch on our dedicated and this is the only thing I can see that would cause that.

11 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Greetings...

Im getting a signature mismatch on our dedicated and this is the only thing I can see that would cause that.

That's my bad - will get it fixed today.

16 hours ago, Prime4G said:

@Prime4G An Update has been published. Only user-made markers are now visible.

11 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Greetings...

Signature has been fixed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, foxhound said:

The Armaholic mirror has been updated with the new version

Are you actually a bot or are you manually creating these posts?

How to disable the compass if necessary?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pioneer said:

How to disable the compass if necessary?

Either turn down the Width or Alpha.

@Unknown_GTX Do you know when the script will be released, I put the original one in my mod and looking for the updated version so all clients can use without the fps drop that happens with all the markers that currently show up with the old one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, s0l0knight said:

@Unknown_GTX Do you know when the script will be released, I put the original one in my mod and looking for the updated version so all clients can use without the fps drop that happens with all the markers that currently show up with the old one.

Give me a sec. Ill update it quick

1 hour ago, s0l0knight said:

Ok i have updated the Dropbox link. 

• Like 1

Been playing with the addon version and it looks great so far!

A few things I've noticed:

- Compass runs in the main menu. Wouldnt've noticed if your debugging messages is systemchat didn't show.

- Width slider is inverted?

- At certain widths, the compass extends further than the set width for a fraction of a second. Shown in first part of video

- When the width is set to cover the entire screen (max), compass gets cut off based on whether you're looking east/west. Watch the second part of the video.

- The 150 degree point sometimes changes to 140 degrees, also in video.

- Shows while in Zeus and when map is open.

Suggestions:

- Button to reset settings to default.

- Defining what markers are shown when you don't want all of them. For both script and addon versions, maybe setting a missionNamespace var with marker names. The script version could also have an array of marker names passed as arguments to the script when it gets run.

- Options to change the size, colour and icon of the centre marker on the compass.

- Show the personal waypoint (the shift-click marker on the map) on the compass. This would be especially useful if the difficulty settings disable the waypoint visible outside the map.

- Option to hide the compass when the player doesn't have a compass or GPS in their assigned items. Maybe a editor module which could enforce this for missions?

Shoot me a message on steam if you have any questions or need help with something :)

• Like 1

Glad you like it. Here are some answers.

- Compass runs in the main menu.

== Yeah we noticed this too. But its only happening if you own the dlcs. Atm we cant do anything about it because we cant find a solution.

- Width slider is inverted?

== Could be a quick fix in the next update.

- At certain widths, the compass extends further than the set width

== Thats how the maths work behind it at the moment. I will probably change it some day.

- When the width is set to cover the entire screen (max), compass gets cut off based on whether you're looking east/west.

== The width slider actually isnt meant to be put on max with such a narrow span. Its because there are not enough controls in both direction. The only solution would be adjusting the settings so it doesnt happen haha

The bugs are going to be fixed. The suggestions are understandable but not all are easy implementable. I guess it doesnt hurt trying.

Thanks for the suggestions man. I appreciate it a lot!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Unknown_GTX said:

- Compass runs in the main menu.

== Yeah we noticed this too. But its only happening if you own the dlcs. Atm we cant do anything about it because we cant find a solution.

A few options I can think of:

- As the main menu simply runs a mission for the background, use missionName sometime during the compass loading to see if one of the menu missions are running and exit if that is the case.

- Check for player controlled units and don't load if there aren't any. Could be a little dodgy though.

- Check for main menu specific UI elements.

I'd avoid the first option due to mission names needing to be hardcoded meaning addon scenes such as the RHS ones would get the compass again. I'll see if any of these solutions work well and get back to you on it.

The new version works fine, but on the server it breaks ACE + WMT + TFAR . Also, I was told that the server was not running on the linkus. What could be the reason?