DESCRIPTION:

Generates a lightweight and fully customizable compass ui on your screen resembling the one from battlegrounds.
        Easily place your markers on the map and they will update on everyones compass.

Here is an example video. Preview the script || mod at YouTube or Gfycat.

Customization options:

1. Change the width, span and the positon of the compass in y-axis.
  2. Specify y-Offset if problems occure.
  3. Switch between compass-profiles and the point names. [N - 15 - 30 || N - 20 - 40] WIP
  4. Create your own characteristics in form of: Size, Alpha, Hex-Color, Font, Shadow or a inversion.
  5. Set the y-Offset for markers or toggle visibility.
  6. Save your customization. Stays saved over game-restarts.

DOWNLOADSteam Workshop 1.1 (addon updated)

DOWNLOAD: Dropbox 1.1 (single script file)

DOWNLOAD: Armaholic

EXILE'S XM8: GitHub tutorial on how to install this script on your exile server! (1.1) by @aussie battler

METHODS OF USAGE:

mission-creators (dropbox) init.sqf

_x = [] execVM "fn_voyagerCompass.sqf";

addon-users (workshop) 

It runs by default. Settings can be accessed through pause-screen button.

UPDATE 1.1:

- Mod compatibility created (ACE³, RHS, CBA).

- Mod structure created thanks to @Flax.

- Removed action-entry. Added button on pause-screen.

- Math/Logic optimization thanks to LittleWizard8.

- Fixed singleplayer issues.

- Fixed 3DEN issues.

- Fixed extreme performance impact. Markers still are a huge impact*

- Script version updated.

TODO:

- Add color support for markers.

Legal:
        I dont mind people using my code in their projects. But if you do so please correctly attribute me "Unknown_GTX & @Flax" if you are going to share it.

Tmq6sEZ.png

• Like 17

love this addon, but can your restrict markers on and off in the config or make it only player markers that show up. I'm testing it on a mission and I have 200 markers showing up (spawn and other markers)

Hi @Unknown_GTX

This mods looks great, saves having to pull the compass out. I am trying to get it to work through adding it to my mission file.

+ placed voyagerCompass.sqf in my mission file under custom\compass\voyagerCompass.sqf
+ placed this in init.sqf                  _x = [] execVM "custom\compass\voyagerCompass.sqf"; 

I cant get any scroll options to bring up the menu. I suspect that infistar is stopping the menu. Would you know what idd your compass menu would be?

Spoiler

/* allowedIDDs: Insert IDDs here to prevent them from being closed! */
allowedIDDs[] =
{
    /* default idds */

/* exile idds */

/* XM8 Security App */

5007,7000,7001,6000,6001,6002,6003,6004,6005,6006,6007,6008,6009,6010,6011,6012,6013,
    6014,6015,6016,6017,6018,6019,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027,6028,6029, 

4004,21000,    // Bounty system and MarXet
    8457,    // http://www.exilemod.com/topic/9040-xm8-apps/
    65431,    // r3f menu fix
    6666,    // Paintshop
    0711,    // Advanced Banking
    0720,    // Virtual Garage
    999999,  //modchecker
    7770, //server menu    
    5501,5502,5503,5504,5505,5506,5507,    // BRAma Cookbook
    -1339,-1340,    // custom infiSTAR dialogs (some editor & a private chat menu)

86000,    // xsSpawn
    /* main idd - never delete it */
};

cheers

• Like 1

8 hours ago, s0l0knight said:

love this addon, but can your restrict markers on and off in the config or make it only player markers that show up. I'm testing it on a mission and I have 200 markers showing up (spawn and other markers)

You can toggle markers visibility in the settings dialog. In future update you will be able create marker whitelists and so on. For now you can only toggle on or off.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aussie battler said:

Hide contents

/* allowedIDDs: Insert IDDs here to prevent them from being closed! */
allowedIDDs[] =
{
    /* default idds */

86000,    // xsSpawn
    /* main idd - never delete it */
};

this display has no actual idd. Its -1 and a child of 46 (main idd) which are already whitelisted in your config. I have no clue how infistar behaves or works. if you find a solution let me know mate.

• Like 1

Congratulations !

Thats a nice feature , a MUST have one !

any luck of getting a script version of this?

You should add some pics also!

ZoGN7OqySxyp5_zr9FPURw.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Congratulations !

Thats a nice feature , a MUST have one !

any luck of getting a script version of this?

@GEORGE FLOROS GR

Thank you man. You can download the script right at the download section. Beside the Workshop link

• Like 2

Thanks for your help @Unknown_GTX

Just wondering if you just scroll your mouse wheel to bring up the menu? Maybe my problem is that Arma3  Exile removes the default Arma3 scroll functions to switch between weapons.

I am going to try and associate the add action with an object (only because I know how to do this, no idea how to add it to a menu).

Hopefully people can have the option if they are in their base or near a service station. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Like 1

Love the mod, works great. You were right, no need to change anything in Infistar.

I have an Arma3 Exile server an have it executing when near a base or vehicle.

Just wondering if there is a way I can remove the word "compass" scroll feature doesnt appear all the time. I dont need it since it is addAction to vehicle & base.

Is this the line I would have to delete?

Spoiler

/// addaction
player addAction ["Compass", {

38 minutes ago, aussie battler said:

Is this the line I would have to delete?

Hide contents

/// addaction
player addAction ["Compass", {

@aussie battler

Ah thanks for the feedback. 

Yes to remove the action remove the line you mentioned and this one:

}];

At approx line 413.

Is this a public server? Would you mind me joining and trying it out myself haha

• Like 2

This is a neat script thanks, I notice that it does not work with save games,  when I load a saved game the HUD is gone, iI ocannot seem to re-load from the action menu... The dialog box appears but the hud does not.

Also on a similar note as mentioned above it would be good if the action menu is removed once saved permanently, I have busy action menu already :)

3 minutes ago, katipo66 said:

This is a neat script thanks, I notice that it does not work with save games, and I cannot seem to re-load from the action menu... The dialog box appears but the hud does not.

What is exactly meant with save games? Either there is a conflict with other scripts/mods or with a really small propability the alpha is turned down to zero or you accidentially selected the Battlegrounds profile (The first dropdown-list under charateristics).

Thats a mistake by me. I accidentially left the empty profile in which returns nothing..

Hi @Unknown_GTX

That work well now, I only get the option for the compass now at base (which was what I wanted). I might try & put it in the Exile XM8 before putting it on out live server. As soon as it is live I'll send you the server ip.

There might be a error in one of the markers. It seems to drop down the screen & you cant remove it. Not sure how to insert a image in this so I'll post it in the exile forum.

http://www.exilemod.com/topic/24438-infistar-blocking-my-display/?do=findComment&comment=175766

I have it live on our server :)

Salty Dog: Chernarus Redux
Search for Salty Dog Cherno Redux in A3 Launcher or:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1105315816
Connection Info: 103.231.91.20 port: 2642

I have put the compass in the XM8 apps. To bring up the compass press 6, more, then compass.

Thanks for your great script & help in making it work.

cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Unknown_GTX said:

What is exactly meant with save games?

I meant if in single player i save a game (esc + save).. and then later load the saved game the HUD does not appear, when i select compass from the action menu and try to apply any setting the HUD still does not appear... ill try sometime witout scripts/mods.

Cheers

• Like 1

Really liked the script! Very good idea and realization. Is it possible to make a compass version only for machines, so that the player can sit down and automatically have his compass turned on. When it came out, it automatically turned off. This will solve a lot of problems when playing tanks, because bis disabled the compass for the tanks.

• Like 1

On 22.9.2017 at 10:56 PM, katipo66 said:

I meant if in single player i save a game (esc + save).. and then later load the saved game the HUD does not appear, when i select compass from the action menu and try to apply any setting the HUD still does not appear... ill try sometime witout scripts/mods.

Cheers

@katipo66 Okay i see there is a problem of keeping the display saved over rejoining missions. Thanks for the report and a fix will follow soon.

5 hours ago, pioneer said:

Really liked the script! Very good idea and realization. Is it possible to make a compass version only for machines, so that the player can sit down and automatically have his compass turned on. When it came out, it automatically turned off. This will solve a lot of problems when playing tanks, because bis disabled the compass for the tanks.

@pioneer You could easiely create a script with a switch to define the width of the compass. 

If player in vehicle then fnc_loadCompass set width to 0.5 else to 0. And prevent people from cheating by overwriting the addaction-menu.

If you want i could rewrite the script for exactly this purpose. Depending on my free time.

5 minutes ago, zeealex said:

Hey, great job! is this clientside?

@zeealex Yes it is clientside and multiplayer compatible.

Full of bugs tho when it comes to play with multiple mods.

@Unknown_GTX

You must be the UI master. Very good job man, Awesome!!  

Just used the script version.  Would also like to see a server side only version of the mod if its possible.

Fire

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, FireWalker said:

@Unknown_GTX

You must be the UI master. Very good job man, Awesome!!  

Just used the script version.  Would also like to see a server side only version of the mod if its possible.

Fire

Thanks mate.

Server side in what aspect? I can't really follow

• Like 1

Where the client doesnt need to run the mod.  Like the rappelling mods from Duda. I dont have any idea if its possible with this though. And not a necessity either.

Fire

• Like 1

Just now, FireWalker said:

Where the client doesnt need to run the mod.  Like the rappelling mods from Duda. I dont have any idea if its possible with this though. And not a necessity either.

Fire

Ah now i understand. Uhm no im pretty new to the addon scene. I literally just started months ago with scripting and am here now. I actually didnt have thought of this but you are right. A server-side version would be pretty good but i still need to get into this. thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 1