Oddball-47 Ronin

The 14th Valley - Unsung Vietnam

The 14th Valley

2 versions; Day and Night (links below)

Coop: recommended 2-4 players (will allow 9) 
Requirements: ArmA 3 Unsung Vietnam War mod, CBA_A3, Apex DLC

NVA units along with large caliber AA guns have occupied and built out The Three
Canyons area of Da Krong. You are tasked with assaulting and neutralizing the
AA batteries.

Mission features:
(1) Progressive resapwn points (thanks to Sergeant Dennenboom of Elite Warriors)
(2) Virtual Vehicle Spawners availlable at LZ Savage and Camp Sarge. 
(3) Soundtrack mucic to enhance the immersion factor.
(4) Numerous sound effects add to the atmosphere. 
(5)Full arsenal availlable to kit out with; both at LZ Savage and Camp Sarge, as well as
numerous ammo crates in and around enemy emplacements.
(6) On call artillery fire support. (Accessed via the "0" (ZERO) key at the top of your keyboard. Scroll wheel options availlable after that. 
(7) Option to insert/remove earplugs.
(8) Random enemy patrol script ensures replayability.
(9) And thanks to Sergeant Dennenboom, an "official" end to the mission. 

Mission Notes: 

In order to guarantee that you respawn with your arsenal kit/loadout, remember to "SAVE" it while in the arsenal screen.
It is VERY important to ensure before beginning that your sliders for "Effects" and "Music" are set to at least 50 percent. 
(Mission sounds/music based on those levels.) 
It is recommended to set the "Radio" slider to zero to reduce/eliminate annoying AI chatter. 
Read the briefing and check the map out to get a feel for what you need to do and how you 
want to go about it. 
It is suggested also to disable all AI in the slots not taken up by a human player.
While it is possible to play with 2 players, it is highly recommended you have at least 4.
Known Bugs: "no entry cfg weapons. NAM_M16'" (problem with the Unsung Delta mod)

Requirements: ArmA 3 Unsung 3.1d Vietnam War mod, CBA_A3. and the Apex Arma 3 DLC 
Credits: 
My thanks to Kronsky, Nemesis, and Grumpy Old Man, Sushi, Aliascartoons, and Tonic for their scripting
genius. Without their tools, this mission would have been MUCH the lesser. 
And to Kegety for his PBO/De-PBO tool.
  And special thanks to Sergeant Dennenboom of "Elite Warriors" for sharing his knowledge and time with me. 
And lastly, but not leastly (is that even a word?) big thanks to the entire crew behind the "Unsung Vietnam" mod. They have rekindled my enthusiasm for Arma 3 ! 

Urban Patrol Script Version: 2.2.0 Author: Kronzky 

NRE_earplugs.sqf Author: Nemesis 

GOM - Ambient AA :Author:Grumpy Old Man 

sush_pow_script.sqf Author: Sushi

VVS Virtual Vehicle Spawner script by: Tonic

Ambient Light script by: Alias

LINKS:
Day Version:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1138096388

Night Version:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1138099931

Hi Vengeance,

I hope you enjoy it. I had a lot of fun working it up. Holler if you run into any problems/glitches. We've played it a lot

with four to six of us, and it can be pretty tough sloggin' through the bush to get up to "3 Canyons" itself.

Thankfully for the player, there are a number of respawns at various points on the map which are generated

once a player(s) have reached a certain point on the map.

If you'd like to join us some Saturday night (we hook up every Saturday at 9PM Eastern on our server) you're

more than welcome to join us, or bring a fireteam of your buddies along as well, if you play with a group. 

I'd be easy for me to modify this and a couple of other "Unsung Vietnam" missions I've got to accomodate an

additional fireteam or two.

We're currently running about ten or twelve mods on the server, but it'd be easy for me to set it up for just

Unsung, CBA_A3 (Unsung requires it) and Task Force Arma Radio (TFAR). We just started using TFAR and

it's added a nice dimenision to missions. Teamspeak is also a "must".

We're a very laid back group, not a "milsim" unit and we've got a very nice, small group of good folks who 

play it. There's never any "drama". :)

We allow any other mods a person wants to use, as well, as long as they're not "server side". ie: have to be

loaded on the server in order to use. Stuff like Blastcore Phoenix, No Sway, Dynasound 2, and Enhanced

Soundscape, and Remove Stamina. These are all client based and are entirely optional.

You can PM me for details on the servers (Teamspeak and Arma3) and I'll be happy to share those

with you and perhaps we can coordinate things from there if you like. 

And no, I won't try to "recruit" you to our "squad", "The 47 Ronin", so don't feel pressured at all.

Best regards, Odd

Echo Testing feedback:

Spoiler

5856AB472A4EDDF6B82C95514FF99D5D9667E9A1

This pops up when trying to play with just echo and cba. We might of changed something with the uniforms and seems that there was a dependency in the mission that required something?

Otherwise seems good :)

Hi Bardem,

It was made using the "Delta" version of Unsung. I've never seen that particular issue come up during our play on our server

or in testing it in the editor when selecting "play as multiplayer". The only error message I/we get is the usual "nam16" one which

is a "Delta" version issue.

Are you actually able to play it once you close that error screen down?

Maybe if you de-pbo it and change the initial loadout uniforms to something that hasn't been changed in the "Echo" version you

can get around that. 

That's actually something that has caused me a bit of worry; the fact that missions made using "Delta" might not be

compatible with the upcoming "Echo" version. When I first started playing "Unsung", several missions I'd downloaded

which had been made with the "Charlie" version were unplayable in "Delta".

Anyway, I'll go back and edit the Workshop description to reflect the fact the mission was made using "Delta".

Good hunting,

Odd

Edit: Just checked the Workshop and the original description area for the mission did state Unsung 3.1d as 

a requirement.

Edited by Oddball-47 Ronin
updated information re: Unsung version requirement

Hi Folks,

Sounds great - been looking for a good "D" mission to try - is there any AI recruitment tool (Spyder Addons) included for us SP guys ???

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott,

I could easily modify the mission to "enable AI" and could put that as a new variant in the Workshop.

Would that be sufficient to your needs? I'm not familiar with the "Spyder Addons" you mentioned.

Regards, Odd

Hi Odd,

Very kind but only if you're interested - please don't feel obligated - I'll take a gander at your mission as it is when I get home this weekend...

The "Spyder Addons" pack is a collection of scripts by one of the guys from the ALiVE team to improve some ambiance and functionality in missions (ALiVE not required)... The two modules I like best are the in-game Loadout Manager with access to the Arsenal - and - the AI Recruitment Tool... The Recruitment Tool allows a player to recruit AI team members from the factions specified... You simply assign these functions to a static object around where the player spawns by syncing them...

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30013

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Scott,

I've worked up both the night and day versions to have AI enabled. I've put 'em in Dropbox and you can find 'em here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cnduucokejuup2u/The_14th_Valley_Day_v1_4_AI.DaKrong.pbo?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccc5rpibgddrjbk/The_14th_Valley_Night_v1_4_AI.DaKrong.pbo?dl=0

You can just copy these into the "MPMissions" folder within your main Arma 3 installation directory.

Holler if you run into any problems. I've never made a "single player" mission, but I've played this

from within the editor by selecting "play in multiplayer" and it works just fine with me alone playing it.

Same when I've played/tested it from our server.

Best, Odd

• Like 2

Hi Odd,

Wow - thanks so much - I'm only on my way home now - I'll be sure to give this a shot tonight - REALLY - appreciated !!!

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Scott,

I hope you get some fun out of it, amigo. If you ever find yourself bored on a Saturday night

and want to hook up for some "coop" mission playing, we've got a very laid back and lighthearted

group that plays on our server every Saturday night at 9PM Eastern. You (and anyone else) are

more than welcome to PM me for details and we can run some missions together.

Happy hunting!

Best, Odd