Sir Chopwood

Server refusing to load mods!

i have no idea where to ask this or why its happening so I am asking here. does anyone know why this batch file wont load my mods that are store in the core directory correctly and are in correct loading order.

any help/advice would be amazing, thanks.

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\arma3server_x64.exe" "-profiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server" -mods=@CBA_A3;@OppositionACE;@ACEX;@task_force_radio;@Operation-TREBUCHET;@Opposition[MapsPack];@StarWarsOpposition;@3denEnhanced;@ACE3ExtensionAnimations;@AdvancedRappelling;@AdvancedUrbanRappelling;@AresMod-AchillesExpansion;@BlastcoreEdited(standaloneversion);@BloodlustLITE;@EnhancedMovement;@MCCSandbox4;@Sandymountainsandflatlands;@ShackTacUserInterface;@Sonara; -config=CONFIG_server.cfg -port=1001 -world=empty 

You need to work through this every time you get an issue with the server not starting until you get very familiar with the  symptoms that each issue causes.

From a quick look, this is what i can see wrong

DEFINITE ERRORS

1) The last -mod param shouldn't have a semi colon eg @Sonara; should be @Sonara

2) @ShackTacUserInterface I believe is a clientside mod so doesnt need to and shouldn't be be run on the server

MAYBE's

1) Not sure if the characters listed below in red are valid for use as -mod params (Maybe they are ?,  I've never tried to load a -mod with these characters in, this is the reason I don't know)

- [ ]

2)  I don't know @BloodlustLITE, am assuming this is an SFX mod, maybe that's clientside only ?

3) The length of the command line maybe too long, those who run a lot of mods with such long -mod calls seem to have issues

(You can place most -mods in your own custom mod folders, eg

@MyIslands

@MyUnits

etc etc (There are some mods that you cannot run outside of their original Mod folder name, Task Force Radio is one of them)

This is a method to reduce the length of the -mod param

Once you have worked through the debugging tutorial, if you have determined its a -mod issue

Start by loading half the mods,if that is successful then load half that is left (1/4) 

The half again (1/8)

Keep doing that until you figure out which batch has the culprit in then start to weed them out to the individual

• Like 1

On 9/17/2017 at 1:58 PM, Sir Chopwood said:

i have no idea where to ask this or why its happening so I am asking here. does anyone know why this batch file wont load my mods that are store in the core directory correctly and are in correct loading order.

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\arma3server_x64.exe" "-profiles=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server" -mods=@CBA_A3;@OppositionACE;@ACEX;@task_force_radio;@Operation-TREBUCHET;@Opposition[MapsPack];@StarWarsOpposition;@3denEnhanced;@ACE3ExtensionAnimations;@AdvancedRappelling;@AdvancedUrbanRappelling;@AresMod-AchillesExpansion;@BlastcoreEdited(standaloneversion);@BloodlustLITE;@EnhancedMovement;@MCCSandbox4;@Sandymountainsandflatlands;@ShackTacUserInterface;@Sonara; -config=CONFIG_server.cfg -port=1001 -world=empty 

You have a few client side mods in that list. Have you tried tadst? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darkhound7 said:

You have a few client side mods in that list. Have you tried tadst? 

I noted that now :/

TADST doesnt work with my setup, got going to go into it but i would rather a manual setup anyway.

@Darkhound, why would adding yet another complication help debugging an issue that is already there. You only add additional systems when you know the system you already have in use works

That suggestion doesnt make sense

• Like 1

Actually was just asking him if he has tried tadst as it's very easy to run your mods and missions etc for a dedicated server. Not sure what you mean by adding additional systems as its just a front end. I use command lines for headless clients but IMO tadst simplifies things when setting up a dedicated server for some people. Was just trying to help.

• Like 1

I did try TADST before but as i said my setup doesnt work with TADST plus before now i had never used it so it just seemed simpler to do it manually.

might be a tutorial handy?

running x64 or 86?

On 17/9/2017 at 8:58 PM, Sir Chopwood said:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\arma3server_x64.exe" "-pr

• Like 1