Ex3B

Do Rearm/Repair/Refuel trucks ever run out of supplies?

Its a fairly self explanatory question. If one keeps re-arming a vehicle at an ammo truck, will the ammo truck eventually run out of supplies, or can one ammo truck supply all the munitions and ammo that one would ever need (like using 1 ammo truck to supply jets, helos, APCs, and tanks, on a very long large scale mission).

Then the same question for fuel trucks, mutatis mutandis.... could one use just 1 fuel truck to supply a large force with fuel for several hours, or will the fuel truck become empty.

I'm guessing that repair trucks have unlimited repair, similar to medikits having unlimited use, but I would still like confirmation of this. 

If these things are unlimited, does that mean that a pair of bobcats travelling together (+any associated vehicles, but not the infantry therein) would never run out of fuel/ammo as long as neither one gets destroyed?

• Like 1

They can run out, but last time I checked, the value is fairly high, so usually players won't notice a thing.

How did you check the values? How many full refuels of an F-181 black wasp can 1 zamak fuel provide? How many refuels of a T-100 Varsuk?

How is the ammo usage calculated, is it like an infantry ammo box where it carries supplies of various weapons, and 1 type can run out while it can still rearm other ammo types? Does each unit of ammo have a mass associated with it, and the ammo truck holds X mass of ammo, or something like that?

The repair is limited too or not?

All these values are found in the config file of each vehicle. You can access the config (i.e. Read) them in the Eden editor by right clicking on the vehicle and choose config viewer (I think, away from my PC right now).

Whether these can be changed on the fly however, is above my pay grade ;)

On 19-9-2017 at 10:45 AM, lexx said:

They can run out, but last time I checked, the value is fairly high, so usually players won't notice a thing.

Not sure if thats still the case, but in ArmA 2 a fuel truck could refuel a jet about 3/4 times before it was empty. Thats why we have scripted service points in missions :)

The Ifrit's fuel tank has a capacity of 94 in-game litres, while the fuel carrier Tempest has about 3000 litres stored in its cistern. So technically you could refuel an Ifrit that had a completely dry tank roughly 32-33 times. For something more fuel hungry like the T-100 that has something like 1885 (can't remember if this value was changed or not) then this would equate to a max of two refuels if it was completely dry.

Repair trucks are essentially unlimited and can fix up to 200000000 points worth of "hit point" damage. Ammo trucks are more generous than fuel trucks and have a max capacity of 30000 units of ammunition; though I can't recall if it's calculated on a per-round basis for the magazine (one Titan 230mm rocket would be the same as a single 6.5mm round for a Slammer's coax) or is based on the ammunition's cost value (Titan 230mm rockets have a cost of 1000 so an ammo truck could rearm a Sandstorm 30 times).

Chances are you'll never run into a situation where any of the logistic trucks run out of supplies though. While it's not impossible that it could happen, it's just highly unlikely.

Well, for the fuel truck, it seems like one could easily run out of fuel. A few Tanks + 1 refuel truck = empty fuel truck.

I'm guessing the jets would also drain the fuel trucks rather quickly.

Can 1 fuel truck refill its fuel reservoir from a gas station on the map? or does that just refill its individual tank used for driving itself?

On 02/10/2017 at 10:21 PM, Ex3B said:

Can 1 fuel truck refill its fuel reservoir from a gas station on the map? or does that just refill its individual tank used for driving itself?

No,... add a trigger for that

use getFuelCargo and setFuelCargo

follow the additional information for other links (repair, rearm)