@pokemon77 This is the best way I could've implemented your request. The issue on Github is now closed.

@tuskohopkins Your feature request is implemented too. Check it out and let me know about the results!

• Like 1

Real nice man! Now I have 3 (count em) 3 AI command mods running at once Drongo/C2 and this. Love the new stances cant tell you how much it means to have this kind of  variety in combat in a functional way. Retreat was another good idea -thanks again

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

Your feature request is implemented too. Check it out and let me know about the results!

Hi,

Fantastic! You are awsome, and very fast!

I did some testing but had not much time. You implemeted it in a different way than I thought of, but it works very well, so no compliants just some toughts:

In my head the command would work just like the basic Move command - so the position could be given not just on the map but also in FPS view.

And I tought about a simpler way: just giving the basic Move command to the group of selected units, just not as a group but one-by-one via script.

Maybe your solution works with better effect. As I see the units are forced in aware mode, and sprint straight to the given position. If I remember well, if they stay in danger mode, they will still try to move along covers, but without any stops. I am not sure, so I have to test it - but if this is the case, then in 'aware sprint mode' they will be faster but more exposed, while in 'basic danger mode' they will be slightly slower but better covered.

I don't know yet which one is better, or more efficient. I'll do some testing when I have time and let you know my results/conclusions.

Thanks again!

Regards!

56 minutes ago, tuskohopkins said:

Hi,

Fantastic! You are awsome, and very fast!

I did some testing but had not much time. You implemeted it in a different way than I thought of, but it works very well, so no compliants just some toughts:

In my head the command would work just like the basic Move command - so the position could be given not just on the map but also in FPS view.

And I tought about a simpler way: just giving the basic Move command to the group of selected units, just not as a group but one-by-one via script.

Maybe your solution works with better effect. As I see the units are forced in aware mode, and sprint straight to the given position. If I remember well, if they stay in danger mode, they will still try to move along covers, but without any stops. I am not sure, so I have to test it - but if this is the case, then in 'aware sprint mode' they will be faster but more exposed, while in 'basic danger mode' they will be slightly slower but better covered.

I don't know yet which one is better, or more efficient. I'll do some testing when I have time and let you know my results/conclusions.

Thanks again!

Regards!

You're welcome! ;)

The reason I set their combat mode to "aware" is to make sure they got out of the danger zone as soon as possible. They got killed more easily when their behaviour was "combat". Because they changed their stance to Prone a lot (sometimes unnecessarily) and thus they got left behind and killed.

BTW, you'll get the best result if you forced them to crouch and then make them retreat. They will sprint and keep their heads low, the best combo possible!

As for using the map, initially I wanted to go with what I do for commands such as Fortify Position, which normally use the cursor target as a destination but can also use the map if you open the map first.

But then I figured if the player wants to use the retreat commands, it means they are in a dangerous situation and might forget this.

Anyway, I'm always open to more suggestions and feedback. Let me know how this feature really works in a real situation! 

P.S: I just thought of something new to add to the next version for this feature: when opening the map, recenter it on player's position and adjust the zoom level for quicker action!

• Like 1

A couple of notes I forgot:

1. In order to switch from an intermediate stance to a standard stance, you need to reset the unit's stance first. Unfortunately I couldn't find a way to fix this.

2. When using Sprint Mode, the unit's animations will look weird and they sometimes run out of formation or not head directly towards the destination. I'll try to fix this in the next release.

Leopard20 ---> I thought you're dead, KIA, I swear I saw your grave somewhere on Tanoa... ;)

Thx for including my requests. I didn't have too much time to check if all is working ok, but it seems ok, though I'm using standard (basic) stances mostly.

I LOVE these new and older features, retreat, all round defense and disembark non essentials and mounting/dismounting static weapons which let me save so much time and micromanagement!

Got more suggestions:

1) What do you think about getting rid of WWAI dependency? It's not about stealing someone's intelectual property or taking away the merits from someone and taking all the credit, it's just about of shortening the list of mods people are running to these only really necessary. Also, WindWalking won't be forgotten as a creator of this mod, a person who started all of this, but your contribution to this mod is already significant and personally I don't have anything against, you can always give a credit to WindWalking as you do now. Is this possible to do, technically not difficult?

2) What do you think about adding fast rope and HALO jump, both with AI, to this mod? Currently I belive there are two mods which add fast rope to the game and allows you fast roping with AI, Duda's Advanced Rappeling and... I forgot the name of second mod ;P, Duda's one ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31254&highlight=ADVANCED%2BRAPPELLING )  is working pretty good I think but doesn't look as fast rope at all ;P, the second mod looks awesome but has some problems I think... And HALO/HAHO jump with AI could be activated only when your team is near some friendly airplane on the airfield for example, or both options (FR and HALO) activated when you're flying in a choper to AO... I belive it would be great to have these two in AIO, please think about it.

Once again, thanks for your great work, please don't stop... :)

edit: Name of the second fast rope mod is Lifter by Raven:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24753
Fast rope looks great in this one, but mod unfortunatelly doesn't work properly all the time I belive. :(

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pokemon77 said:

Leopard20 ---> I thought you're dead, KIA, I swear I saw your grave somewhere on Tanoa... ;)

Yeah I was. I just rose from the dead! I'm a zombie now! ;)

Got more suggestions:

1) What do you think about getting rid of WWAI dependency? It's not about stealing someone's intelectual property or taking away the merits from someone and taking all the credit, it's just about of shortening the list of mods people are running to these only really necessary. Also, WindWalking won't be forgotten as a creator of this mod, a person who started all of this, but your contribution to this mod is already significant and personally I don't have anything against, you can always give a credit to WindWalking as you do now. Is this possible to do, technically not difficult?

Didn't I mention this before? Oh shoot! Well here it goes officially:

To everyone using this mod:
WW AI Menu mod is not required anymore. It's because some of my friends told me they had trouble setting up WW AI Menu (mostly because of using FilePatching), so I decided not to make it necessary to have this mod.

It's been like this since v1.0.0. I can't believe I forgot to mention it!

2) What do you think about adding fast rope and HALO jump, both with AI, to this mod? Currently I belive there are two mods which add fast rope to the game and allows you fast roping with AI, Duda's Advanced Rappeling and... I forgot the name of second mod ;P, Duda's one ( http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31254&highlight=ADVANCED%2BRAPPELLING )  is working pretty good I think but doesn't look as fast rope at all ;P, the second mod looks awesome but has some problems I think... And HALO/HAHO jump with AI could be activated only when your team is near some friendly airplane on the airfield for example, or both options (FR and HALO) activated when you're flying in a choper to AO... I belive it would be great to have these two in AIO, please think about it.

I will put it in the feature request list but no promises at this point because first I need to finish the WIP features and second I'm working on a new mod plus a new dynamic mission now!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

WW AI Menu mod is not required anymore. It's because some of my friends told me they had trouble setting up WW AI Menu (mostly because of using FilePatching), so I decided not to make it necessary to have this mod.

It's been like this since v1.0.0. I can't believe I forgot to mention it!

Great news, now I can use only 75 other mods, instead of 76. :D But someone has to say to a guy from Armaholic that WW AI Menu is not a requirement anymore :P...

3 hours ago, Leopard20 said:

I'm working on a new mod plus a new dynamic mission now!

Can you share more info? What kind of mod and when we can download and test this mission? But please, no zombies gameplay... ;P Will it be some CTI type mission?

@pokemon77

The next mod will be another AI Commanding mod. I will leave the rest as a surprise! ;)

As for the mission, don't worry, it's not a zombie mission! It's more of an AAS mission than CTI, but yeah, kind of around that line.

Both are at a very early stage, so I'm afraid they're not going to be ready any time soon. But I will try my best to get them out ASAP.

Once they're out, I will post their links in this thread too, so you won't miss it! ;)

Hey any chance you can add Launcher to the Switch Weapon option? They're great for attacking units garrisoned in buildings or suppressing enemies

1 hour ago, froggyluv said:

Hey any chance you can add Launcher to the Switch Weapon option? They're great for attacking units garrisoned in buildings or suppressing enemies

I sure know it's not impossible! But there's no guarantee that the AI will use it.

Currently, @mad_cheese (creator of C2) has worked around that by firing the launcher and moving the rocket manually. All is done by script and the AI doesn't do any of that. 

Long story short, adding an option for switching to Launcher alone doesn't do anything by itself. Also, sometimes the AI switch back to their main weapon automatically. So there's that too.

I don't know if this will be of any help...

I've been using RPGTard for some time now and I've been blown to pieces quite often.

Always playing Ravage. And almost always by AI with a pistol (mods) and an RPG (vanilla).

Maybe that could shed some light on that matter.

Didn't try the last 2 iteration but the unstuck unit has to be my favorite option of 'em all.

Anyway...great mod, man!

• Like 1

Yep have had some luck removing primary weapon (hardly ideal) with RPG rocketeers and then using DoSuppressivefire command -they will lite them up. I generally do this for African Militia type troops and then give them an UZi/Skorpian type handgun which plays out pretty nicely. When an squad is garrisooned up theres nothing quite like a full on RPG assault to rout them out

Too bad BI removed allowing us to manual switch to launcher and fire at anything from the OFP days

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Yep have had some luck removing primary weapon (hardly ideal) with RPG rocketeers and then using DoSuppressivefire command -they will lite them up. I generally do this for African Militia type troops and then give them an UZi/Skorpian type handgun which plays out pretty nicely. When an squad is garrisooned up theres nothing quite like a full on RPG assault to rout them out

Too bad BI removed allowing us to manual switch to launcher and fire at anything from the OFP days

Ok. The last two comments certainly give me enough reason to investigate this with more detail later!

On 6/27/2018 at 2:31 AM, Leopard20 said:

@pokemon77 I've added your feature request to GitHub repository. I'll see if I can include it.

@x_DarkSpecter_x I think the new release achieves what you asked above. Let me know if it works!

Sorry for the long delay. :(

Awesome man, thank you for your continued work! I've been taking a little break from Arma but I'll give it a try tonight and let you know!

While I'm on this thread though I've been meaning to ask you, am I tripping or did you use to have a feature that allowed you to command team mates to plant explosives? I swear I remember it in an earlier version but I could very well be mistaken lol. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

Awesome man, thank you for your continued work! I've been taking a little break from Arma but I'll give it a try tonight and let you know!

While I'm on this thread though I've been meaning to ask you, am I tripping or did you use to have a feature that allowed you to command team mates to plant explosives? I swear I remember it in an earlier version but I could very well be mistaken lol. 

Nope! This feature used to exist in an earlier version of WW AI Menu but WindWalking had disabled it in the latest version. Didn't realize why. I'll try to check the code later and, if possible, re-add the feature.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Leopard20 said:

Nope! This feature used to exist in an earlier version of WW AI Menu but WindWaking had disabled it in the latest version. Didn't realize why. I'll try to check the code later and, if possible, re-add the feature.

Bro that would be amazing!! In particular if it could some how work with the popular breaching charge mod (forgot the author, I can get back to you though if you're interested). 

As always man, thank you and keep up the awesome work!

Edit: @Leopard20 this one, if you're interested

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/1314910827

Edited by x_DarkSpecter_x
Insert link
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, x_DarkSpecter_x said:

Bro that would be amazing!! In particular if it could some how work with the popular breaching charge mod (forgot the author, I can get back to you though if you're interested). 

As always man, thank you and keep up the awesome work!

Edit: @Leopard20 this one, if you're interested

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/1314910827

I'll look into it (literally!). Thanks!

• Thanks 2

Could you add an option to make the medic always heal the player if shot and make him bullet proof? Very useful for me.If he would use the GL when saving me,and then try to drag me away also,something like that,I may actually survive some encounters.

If we could make Ai-helos use rappel to insert troops and Crew to hose down a area with gunfire,we could make inserts under fire better.

If we could add a QRF-force with our own made vehicles ,make them ultra-fast.Maybe,just a button-press.

Then,I would like to request a way to make helicopters maintain separation of a few meters,and be able to operate as a team and fly like this:http://www.richard-seaman.com/Wallpaper/Aircraft/Helicopters/American/NellisHueys_1.jpg

4 hours ago, john1 said:

Could you add an option to make the medic always heal the player if shot and make him bullet proof? Very useful for me.If he would use the GL when saving me,and then try to drag me away also,something like that,I may actually survive some encounters.

If we could make Ai-helos use rappel to insert troops and Crew to hose down a area with gunfire,we could make inserts under fire better.

If we could add a QRF-force with our own made vehicles ,make them ultra-fast.Maybe,just a button-press.

Then,I would like to request a way to make helicopters maintain separation of a few meters,and be able to operate as a team and fly like this:http://www.richard-seaman.com/Wallpaper/Aircraft/Helicopters/American/NellisHueys_1.jpg

Your first request is OK (I actually had some plans for it too) but I don't think the rest are doable:

There's already a mod for rappelling from helicopters. Have you tried that? I think it's called Advanced Rappelling or something (made by duda)

I don't know what you mean by QRF (I know what it is though).

If you mean like a cheat code to spawn a group of support units, you should be able to do it via Zeus.

I don't think it's possible to make them "fast" though because that's just the way the AI is.

If you meant something else please let me know.

AI helicopters adjust their positions depending on how big their bounding boxes are. I'm not sure if it's possible to get them to fly too close together but I'll check to make sure.

4 hours ago, john1 said:

You can make the medic invincible in the unit's attributes in the editor, if you're a mission maker. Also you can group helicopters together and set their formation in either high command or in Zeus.  

Also, @Leopard20, still haven't really had the chance to try the new version yet, but I got about 20 minutes on it so far and I'm loving what I'm seeing! Arma has become unplayable without it! 

• Thanks 1

Another feature request maybe... An option to dismiss selected squad member (make him disappear e.g., because he stinks or tells lame jokes ;) ). I know, i know, some AI recruitment scripts have this, but I'm using Spyder's Addons Recruit Module and it doesn't have this option. :P