d40599b662.png

e56786feb5.png

An unofficial 1f04534da3.png extension

25ce6475c5.png Workshop      518371e501.png GitHub

"War is expensive: from laser-guided missiles to large-yield bombs, getting things done can be hard on your pocket. When funds start going low and budget cuts roll in, that's when warfare becomes about improvising and being creative. Sometimes, that means dropping barrels loaded with TNT and shrapnel on refugee camps."

- The Guy Who Invented Barrel Bombs (probably)

cdcc2f9e0b.png  Description

So both in celebration of the Laws of War DLC, and Al-Assad's birthday, I've decided to give myself the challenge to make a mod which in my opinion was long over-due: the ability to deploy Barrel Bombs in ArmA 3. After about three days of intense development, it's finally ready to ship: Customize the payload according to your strategic needs, load it into a helicopter, and drop away!

cdcc2f9e0b.png  How to use

1. In the editor, search for and place Barrel Bomb Dispenser (Large) in your mission.
  2. ACE Interact with the dispenser, and Prepare a Barrel Bomb.
  3. You may now select between the types of fuse (Air-burst or Impact detonation), and the strength of the payload, or how many cluster munitions will be included in the barrel.
  4. If your dispenser has enough materials remaining, hit CONFIRM. As soon as you're done, a new barrel will appear, ready to be loaded.
    1. You may also inspect any barrels and read their label in order to confirm their properties.
  5. Carry the barrel to the desired Helicopter, then Prime and load it.
    1. Keep in mind that vehicles only have a limited amount of barrels that can be loaded - all barrels take up the same space.
  6. From the Helicopter - as either the pilot, copilot, or turret-gunners - ACE Interact with the vehicle and Check Barrel Bombs.
  7. Select the desired barrel and simply hit the confirmation button.

Instructions on how to use

cdcc2f9e0b.png  F.A.Q.

Is this compatible with RHS or any other vehicle mods?

Yup. Should work with all Helicopters, I reckon.

MP Compatible?

You bet. Both for self-hosted servers and Dedicated, works all the same.

I want my Helicopters to start with the barrels already loaded.

Use this function.

I've found a bug/I'd like to request a feature. Where do I go?

Start an issue on GitHub. If you don't have an account there, use the Steam Workshop discussions. If none of these methods is accessible to you, then you can reach me on Steam and yell until things are fixed.

Aren't these things super illegal?

Kind of. Regardless, be careful whenever deploying over a populated urban environment, as the paramedic/journalist/child-seeking shrapnel module is currently active, and it never misses.

Syrian Bakeries mod included?

Sorry, not at this time.

cdcc2f9e0b.png  Shout-outs

• BromA logo BromA, for being the coolest group of badasses autistic losers out there.
  • McGabe and Wronglets, for helping me test this thing.
  • The ACE3 Team, for keeping their mod the way all mods should be: open-source and extendable by the community. Cheers, fellas.
  • And of course, Bashar Al-Assad, for re-popularizing this absolutely reprehensible, but still very amusing type of ordinance. Happy belated birthday!

cdcc2f9e0b.png  License

This mod has absolutely no license whatsoever. Steal it, repack it, rename it, stretch it, twist it, lick it or suck it, it's your problem, I really, really don't care.

Just to be real clear, you ARE free to:

• Unpack this mod and edit the everliving shit out of it.
  • Rename it into something else and claim credits for yourself.
  • Sell it or commercialize it, which in that case you've found someone stupid enough to buy it so my personal congratulations.
  • Re-upload or re-repack it on any other website or re-distribution service, just don't blame me if your version is out-dated.
  • Using it for real-life military purposes of any kind. Actually, if this mod ends up being used by actual armed forces for training, someone please let me know so I can tell all my friends and family about it.

However, If you do plan on improving it it, this mod is stringtabled and can be translated - so that and any other contributions are better off done at Github so everyone else may benefit from it.

AND REMEMBER KIDS:

6870603237.jpg

• Like 20

This is awesome dude, and your license is hilarious. But would it be possible to make it work with advanced sling loading for the launch/loading mechanism?

• Like 3

I didn´t know that these bombs are a real thing, until now !

(And your licence disclaimer is abslutely hilarious)

Update 1.0.5:

• The mod is now available in German! Huge thanks to nic547. Remember, if you wish to contribute, Tabler is an excellent tool!
  • Dispensers now have a property for a specific barrel, so it's now possible to add dispensers that give you different barrels.
  • You can now spawn dispensers with Zeus.
  • Added some safe distance between the helicopter and the barrel, as some vehicles like Little Birds were a bit too close and would sometimes be damaged.

Latest release

• Like 2

On 18.9.2017 at 6:49 PM, Nife said:

Tabler is an excellent tool!

I approve :D Thank you!

3 hours ago, wolfbite said:

Does this require ace captain? Looks top nothch!

Yeah, it does. It's basically made entirely for ACE3.

Updated mod v0.4 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Naifu, you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!
Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.
To learn more, follow this guide.

Your entire post and video is just downright hilarious. Got a good laugh.

Mod looks very well made too :) Impressive.

Barrely legal ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Strike_NOR said:

Barrely legal ;)

0b4c334ef0.jpg

HOW DID I NOT THINK OF THAT

• Like 2

Hey buddy, nice mod.

I was on the way to try a mod in the same shape a few months ago, but my scripting and config skills are pretty shit :dozingoff:. So I tried to learn the progress to bring a simple object to the game (from Blender to Arma 3).

Here are the two first objects I ever created :e::

https://sketchfab.com/JeckZeRippa)

(There are comparison pictures in the sketchfab description)

(ingame: https://imgur.com/fzR0xl3?)

I guess the objects would fit nice into this mod :B.

I take your license description serious. So I would try to put my objects in to the mod (hopefully my learning curve is growing :don11:)

My expected problems are the proper config and the right facing of the object. I got it to work as a normal static object with physics and the possibility to hook it.

best regards (hopefully your are still on this forum) ,

JeckZeRippa

• Like 2

On 5/2/2018 at 3:10 PM, JeckZeRippa said:

Awesome work man, keep it up. I still lurk the forums from time to time, feel free to drop me a DM whenever you think you're finished with your work. And don't worry about the license, feel free to play with the source code as much as you wish, it's all yours.