GEORGE FLOROS GR

Color Correction theme selections + colorblindness / Post process effects

Color Correction theme selections for sharing :

+ colorblindness issues

*please add yours below!

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ppEffectAdjust

//Realistic Color Correction theme
"ColorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;
"ColorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [0.88, 0.88, 0, [0.2, 0.29, 0.4, -0.22], [1, 1, 1, 1.3], [0.15, 0.09, 0.09, 0.0]];
"ColorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 0;

//Post Apocalyptic theme
"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.9, -0.002, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [1.0, 0.6, 0.4, 0.6],  [0.199, 0.587, 0.114, 0.0]];  
"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 0;  

//Nightstalkers theme
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1.1, 0.0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [1.0,0.7, 0.6, 0.60], [0.200, 0.600, 0.100, 0.0]];

//OFP Gamma theme
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, 0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.6, 1.4, 0.6, 0.7],  [0.199, 0.587, 0.114, 0.0]];  
"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 1;  

//Golden autumn theme
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, 0, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [1.8, 1.8, 0.3, 0.7],  [0.199, 0.587, 0.114, 0.0]];  

//Africa theme
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust[ 1, 1.3, 0.001, [-0.11, -0.65, -0.76, 0.015],[-5, -1.74, 0.09, 0.86],[-1.14, -0.73, 1.14, -0.09]];

//Afghan theme
"ColorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [0.9, 0.9, 0, [0, 0.1, 0.25, -0.14], [1, 1, 1, 1.26], [0.15, 0.09, 0.09, 0.0]];

//Middle East theme
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [0.9, 1, 0, [0.1, 0.1, 0.1, -0.1], [1, 1, 0.8, 0.528],  [1, 0.2, 0, 0]];

//Real Is Brown theme
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1,1,0,[0.1,0.2,0.3,-0.3],[1,1,1,0.5],[0.5,0.2,0,1]];

//Gray Tone theme
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1.0, 1.0, 0.0,[1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 0.0],[1.0, 1.0, 0.9, 0.35],[0.3,0.3,0.3,-0.1]];

//Cold Tone theme
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1.0, 1.0, 0.0,[0.2, 0.2, 1.0, 0.0],[0.4, 0.75, 1.0, 0.60],[0.5,0.3,1.0,-0.1]];

//Winter Blue theme
"ColorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1.1, 1.3, 0.0, [0.5, 0.5, 0.1, -0.1], [0.4, 0.75, 1.0, 0.60], [0.5,0.3,1.0,-0.1]];

//Winter White theme
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, 0, [0.31, 0.31, 1.0, 0.1], [0.85, 0.85, 0.92, 0.48], [1 , 1, 1, 0.03]];

//Mediterranean theme
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1.01, 1.18, -0.04, [1.0, 1.4, 0.8, -0.04], [0.55, 0.55, 0.72, 1.35],  [0.699, 1.787, 0.314, 20.03]];  

"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 1;    

This ColorCorrection is from @jts_2009  new mission :

1 minute ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

// Post-soviet color correction (by JTS)
"ColorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [0.88, 0.88, 0, [0.2, 0.29, 0.4, -0.22], [1, 1, 1, 1.3], [0.15, 0.09, 0.09, 0.0]];

Edited by GEORGE FLOROS GR
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Hey, have you seen anyone try to do color correction for color blindness?

• Like 1

A good friend I play online with is color blind and always has a hard time seeing things. For instance he can not see the red Tactical Ping marker on the screen. Alternatively, if you drop a blue object in green grass it shows up like a flashlight to him.

http://www.gamersexperience.com/colorblind-accessibility-in-video-games-is-the-industry-heading-in-the-right-direction/

I know that some other gaming platforms have tried color blindness correction, with varying levels of success, so since you had been looking into color corrections, I was wondering if you had come across any.

Fire

• Like 2

Ok now i got it!!

This is actually an issue having this problem,

but it didn't cross my mind that would ever be a problem with video Games.!

e.g.

destiny-2.jpg?w=582

• Like 1

I think is possible to make a collour correction for this kind of purpose then!

Probably for someone to create an addon for this?

Types of colorblindness

Three most common types of colorblindness:

Protanopia – unable to perceive red light, resulting in red and greens looking murky, and blues and yellows standing out

Deuteranopia – unable to perceive green light, resulting in red and greens looking murky, and blues and yellows stand out

Tritanopia – unable to perceive blue light, resulting in greens looking murky, and reds appear pink

36 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

I think is possible to make a collour correction for this kind of purpose then!

Probably for someone to create an addon for this?

Something like that might be possible with my ReColor mod: https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/189259-recolor-post-process-effects-mod/

A couple of players have asked me about this, but it's a bit difficult for me to do since I'm not colorblind.

Here's another tool for making the scripted effects: https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/176057-gf-post-process-effect-editor/

• Like 1

Turning into an interesting topic, I'm a deuteranope, but I think it would be near on impossible to create an all encompassing color correction that would work for colorblind players.

By it's very nature the colorblindness spectrum is vast and it has been proven for sufferers to have their very own unique perception of color regardless of what type of deficiency they suffer from.

What's interesting for me is my relationship with color and Arma in particular, if I were to look back at every video or screenshot I've posted in this forum, they all have some sort of color correction, and as Greenfist has suggested, his ReColor mod is must have for sufferers like me, I use it ALL the time. 

• Like 2

Maybe this would be a nice input for the Devs to have in mind for a future update?

Personally i think every video game developer should have consider to include this ,

because it is a common issue.

• Like 1

Agreed. ^^

But again, as was referenced in Fire's earlier post, most attempts at implementing a "colorblind mode" into a video game are an afterthought usually resulting in a whole screen filter which is useless as colorblind deficiency is unique to the individual.

Whether he realizes it or not, Greenfist has created the best "colorblindness mod" with Recolor.   Job done.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, brainboy said:

change the cloud color

Hello brainboy and Welcome also to Bis Forums !

I found this :

So this can be done with a mod.

I have forgot to add also my script here :

On 20/10/2018 at 6:17 AM, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

gf-colorcorrections-script-version-10-1_

GF ColorCorrections Script

Thank you. But this only changes players view color against the environment. All I need is just changing the clouds colors.

Do you have anything for that matter?

Your first script changes the color of the fog. Is there anyway to use it for clouds?

On 1/12/2018 at 4:41 PM, brainboy said:

color of the fog. Is there anyway to use it for clouds?

I think that this can be done only with a mod , as in the topic that i posted above , with the video.

I'll try to see about for more !

Hello guys,

Could anyone tell me I do I apply these please ?

Thank you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nutek said:

Hello guys,

Could anyone tell me I do I apply these please ?

Thank you.

Mission initPlayerLocal or in console

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dave_beastttt said:

Mission initPlayerLocal or in console

Thanks, but does this needs to be implemented by the admin/zeus before the mission?

How do I open the console to apply this?

Thank you for your reply.

Cheers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nutek said:

Thanks,

Hello there Nutek !

You can add as @dave_beastttt said an initPlayerLocal.sqf , and add the code there.

There is also available my GF ColorCorrections Script if you want to check.

Thank you guys,

After a little bit of reading I understood this is not my thing, not a clue how to do it or add the codes, very complicated, but thank you so much.

Just downloaded the ReColor mod and wanted to try the "Realistic Color Correction theme". I'll play with the ReColor settings and try to get that Realistic feel.

Cheers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nutek said:

Just downloaded the ReColor mod and wanted to try the "Realistic Color Correction theme".

The "Realistic Color Correction theme" is just a ColorCorrection code of mine and it's not part of the ReColor mod.