beno_83au

[Release] Airburst HE (ACE3 Compatible)

@loopdk Sorry mate, but your mission includes ACE mod stuff and I don't have ACE  (and I don't have the time now before work to download ACE) and your mission file is binarized, so I can't check it out that way. But, as a flat out guess, I'd say that you don't have a player named p1, or that you didn't test it as the unit p1. I can grab ACE this arvo and have a look though if it's still a problem.

@loopdk You need to put the stringtable.xml into your mission's root directory. Having never used stringtables before, this is something I hadn't anticipated failing, but I guess it's obvious looking back on it now. I'll work on fixing that for the next release.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1

Updated.

v1.7:

Added - Created two versions:

- English only.

- Multi-language (stringtable.xml).

Fixed - Corrected readMe instructions for using stringtable.xml.

Fixed - Some minor translation fixes.

Changed - Some dialog controls were adjusted to allow for different length text (depending on language).

Changed - Fuse set below 40m will now return "Impact" instead of the range entered into the text box.

Changed - Hint displaying the fuse setting will disappear after round detonates.

I'm in the mood for making a new video on this now that there is an M3 Carl Gustaf look-alike with the Tanks DLC. So I might look at doing that with a bit of a talk through on how to engage an area target using airburst.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You need to re-add it to the player on respawn.

edit: onPlayerRespawn.sqf i think it is.

So add this to onplayerrespwn

_ammo = ["MRAWS_HE_F"];
nul = _ammo execVM "MIL_airburst\initAirburst.sqf";

@loopdk I haven't actually used onPlayerRespawn, mainly because the missions I make are no-respawn coops. But I believe that should do it.

Event Scripts

• Like 1

Yep it works when i spawn in but when i respawn i dont het the fuse setting in my schgroll menu

@loopdk Can you please post your initPlayerLocal.sqf and onPlayerRespawn.sqf. I got it working just then without any problems. What I did to run a quick test was:

- In Eden editor, place a Light AT soldier.

- Set respawn to "Respawn on position of death"

- Then in onPlayerRespawn.sqf I placed:

nul = ["MRAWS_HE_F"] execVM "MIL_airburst\initAirburst.sqf";

Ran an editor hosted mission and it worked. One thing to note, is that it seems that Eden by default forces respawn at the beginning of the mission (I was unaware it did that by default). So I didn't need to put anything in initPlayerLocal.sqf.

Edit: I'll ask the obvious question though. Did you reload with a HE round after respawn?

• Like 1

Will test to night mate.

Great with fast repsons!!

• Like 1

Works perfect mate. tnx one more time :D

Updated.

v1.8:

Fixed - "Fuse: Impact" wasn't showing on English only version when "Confirm" button was clicked with the mouse.

Changed - Removed "0" from the text box. Text box now starts empty to be more user friendly when entering ranges.

Changed - Action menu action now coloured instead of being plain white.

New video on how to employ an airbursting round against targets using the Tanks DLC MAAWS Mk4 Mod 0 (8:42):

• Like 3

Thanks Beno, this is awesome. 
Don't suppose you could modify it so if we're running ACE it becomes an ACE self interaction?
I'm on this quest to get as much off the horrific scroll wheel menu system as possible.

Thanks again for the great script.

• Thanks 1

@JD Wang I could have a look at it. Although I used ACE in just about everything I did in ArmA 2, I've only barely touched it this time around so it might take a little head work to sort out, but I'll see what I can do.

• Like 1

Thanks dude, you're a legend 

Adding compatability with ACE3:

SXnLT4W.jpg

Tomorrow night I'll make sure it's all good to go and release it.

• Like 2