Sign in to follow this  
Poppacapnurass

Max speed of Jets

Hi all,

I've been enjoying some of the jets scenarios and hoping to find some more good ones to download on the Workshop.

Having a X52 HOTAS Pro has been excellent. I'm using the throttle set as analogue.

When flying, I only seem to get up to about 600-700km/h (off memory) in any jet as max speed and was hoping for a lot more. Also, jets seem to be a bit slow on acceleration and I was hoping for an afterburner. Does an afterburner or additional thrust mechanism exist in the available Jets ??

Hi...

If you've noticed ArmA sceneries are a bit small compared to real life - the runways are a bit shorter - FOV seems a bit off as runways seem to rush by entirely too fast - the normal view distances aren't that far - I believe ArmA jet speeds have been adjusted accordingly to compensate for this - you need to take the flight models with a grain of salt... While many seem to enjoy flying jets - I'm a real pilot and and avid flight simmer - I don't think flight is modeled all that well - personally - I stick to flying helicopters in ArmA for the most part and leave the jets for AI to fly... There are afterburners - I don't recall if you you need to bind a key... Just my two cents - take it for what it's worth...

Regards,
Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1