Dedmen

Server FPS limit testing

4 minutes ago, kuplion said:

Wow.. I'll just stick to the normal binary then if that's the attitude you take. I asked politely so that I could learn, and in future make the modifications myself, but have it your way.

dedmen is spot on .   

I believe its your attitude... kinda like a looter...

• Like 1

Just now, kklownboy said:

dedmen is spot on .   

I believe its your attitude... kinda like a looter...

How exactly is asking for someone to explain how they did something like a looter? lol I'd love to know so I can continue using the binary I prefer (as many others do too), as when testing there was a performance difference between profiling and performance.

1 hour ago, kuplion said:

How exactly is asking for someone to explain how they did something like a looter? lol I'd love to know so I can continue using the binary I prefer (as many others do too), as when testing there was a performance difference between profiling and performance.

He's asking for help in assessing whether there are any side effects of unlocking the FPS, and you are not interested in helping, but just want him to give up more of his free time so you alone can benefit.  If you don't realise that then your attitude is short-sighted.  If you do, then that's a selfish attitude.

Why not help instead of saying "gimme gimme gimme"?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, das attorney said:

He's asking for help in assessing whether there are any side effects of unlocking the FPS, and you are not interested in helping, but just want him to give up more of his free time so you alone can benefit.  If you don't realise that then your attitude is short-sighted.  If you do, then that's a selfish attitude.

Why not help instead of saying "gimme gimme gimme"?

I would like to learn how it was done as I am unable to find the offset in v07 performance, and so I asked if the OP was able to clue me in. That's really not selfish.

16 hours ago, kuplion said:

Wow.. I'll just stick to the normal binary then if that's the attitude you take. I asked politely so that I could learn, and in future make the modifications myself, but have it your way.

It's not my attitude. BI doesn't want people messing around with their binary. If you crash your game your crashdump will be useless. If you just use my modifications then atleast everyone will have done the same modification which makes everything compareable. And comparing is the purpose of this.

I'd be happy to teach you. But I won't because I can be very happy that BI is letting me do this as I do it right now.
Also according to EULA I am not allowed to do what's needed to find these offsets. And I won't teach you to break rules. If you want to learn it yourself that's your thing and neither I nor BI can do anything about that.

• Like 2

Just now, dedmen said:

It's not my attitude. BI doesn't want people messing around with their binary. If you crash your game your crashdump will be useless. If you just use my modifications then atleast everyone will have done the same modification which makes everything compareable. And comparing is the purpose of this.

BI doesn't want people modifying their game, says the guy modifying their game.. Hmmm.. I'm done with it anyway at this point, it would have been nice to learn how you are detecting the correct offset now that any previous obvious methods have changed in v07 performance, but each to their own. I won't be running profiling as I get better performance with the performance build, and would rather not be involved in this "mine mine mine" attitude that is so readily displayed here on these forums.

• Haha 3

On 9/13/2017 at 7:58 PM, dedmen said:

I would recommend you to change the offset yourself using a Hex-Editor.

x64 perf v0 0x127A9AB

x64 prof v2 0x127A99B

x64 prof v5 0x11DC9AA

x86 prof v5 0xFB41C1

Linux prof v5 0x1257399 (On linux you need to set that number as small as possible. I choose 1)

x64 prof v7 0x127AA2B

The value is by default 0x00000032 (32 00 00 00 in hex editor). Which is hex for 50.
That is the fps limit. 64 00 00 00 would be 100. and 29 23 00 00 is 9001.

If you need help with patching you can PM me.

I only provide data for the Perf/Prof builds. Because these are most interesting.

To be fair to Kuplion, your OP did mention the above

• Thanks 1

Ok so lets get this back on topic.

Does this unlock make the scheduler/script execution go faster? What consequences does that have? What benefits does it have?

On 10/24/2017 at 5:46 AM, kuplion said:

BI doesn't want people modifying their game, says the guy modifying their game.. Hmmm.. I'm done with it anyway at this point, it would have been nice to learn how you are detecting the correct offset now that any previous obvious methods have changed in v07 performance, but each to their own. I won't be running profiling as I get better performance with the performance build, and would rather not be involved in this "mine mine mine" attitude that is so readily displayed here on these forums.

LMAO says the guy that displays the worse attitude on multiple forums and platforms, don't be salty because here you can't get what you want. Dedmen is following the rules, like you do not. Guess your mad because you can't steal his work. :don15:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, austin_medic said:

Ok so lets get this back on topic.

Does this unlock make the scheduler/script execution go faster? What consequences does that have? What benefits does it have?

The scripts themselves won't execute faster. But... Each frame scheduled scripts have 3ms of time. So on 50 fps you have150ms of total time for SQF scripts per second.
with the unlock you can ofcause get more fps.. 100fps == 300ms of total scheduling time. So yes. They get done quicker.
That are exactly the benefits. Your demanding scripts get done quicker.

@RCANTEC-RyanD- Please don't double/triple post.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dedmen said:

The scripts themselves won't execute faster. But... Each frame scheduled scripts have 3ms of time. So on 50 fps you have150ms of total time for SQF scripts per second.
with the unlock you can ofcause get more fps.. 100fps == 300ms of total scheduling time. So yes. They get done quicker.
That are exactly the benefits. Your demanding scripts get done quicker.

@RCANTEC-RyanD- Please don't double/triple post.

I had 3 separate thoughts, didn't know there was a limit to how many times 1 can post, 1 post for 2 different people, and a brain fart from the paint fumes in my washroom renovation ;-) :don8: *Edit, there we go, fixed my 2 double posts. 

On 26/10/2017 at 5:04 PM, RCANTEC-RyanD- said:

LMAO says the guy that displays the worse attitude on multiple forums and platforms, don't be salty because here you can't get what you want. Dedmen is following the rules, like you do not. Guess your mad because you can't steal his work. :don15:

This thread and the comments confirm all my hypothesis about the origin of the modification of the file and the little or no knowledge it has about how the program actually works.

Dedmen and his "loyal servants"  - to me -  is doing another smoke cloud.

There's no FPS improvement and the entire mod is only a place based in "snake oil ideas".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2017 at 10:00 AM, djotacon said:

This thread and the comments confirm all my hypothesis about the origin of the modification of the file and the little or no knowledge it has about how the program actually works.

Dedmen and his "loyal servants"  - to me -  is doing another smoke cloud.

There's no FPS improvement and the entire mod is only a place based in "snake oil ideas".

LOL okidokie, what's snake oil? 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 12:29 PM, dave_beastttt said:

If anyone is interested in perfV0 performance binary unlocked fps, pm me

did you find the new offsets ?

It's been quite a long time since this is in testing now. Does anyone have any new experiences?

Or maybe actual proof or benchmarks that it makes AI better or such?

4 hours ago, Dedmen said:

It's been quite a long time since this is in testing now. Does anyone have any new experiences?

Or maybe actual proof or benchmarks that it makes AI better or such?

No scientific studies done on ingame, but from cold boot, server does seem to load a bit faster until it's status playing (waiting/setting up) etc
My KoTH server goes below 50fps server when 40+ players are on, before that, 50-80fps, so if there were any gains they would be minimal.

20 hours ago, dave_beastttt said:

Have just added 1.82 64 bit server exe with unlocked fps to binaries

Is this the latest, I'd be willing to test it on my server.

I just try the 1.82 64 bit server exe with unlocked fps on a Alive mission, its look like all the location and profile are loading faster on server start, also when the enemy spawn the fps drop are lower, 50 to 30-20 with normal .exe, +100 to 40-45 with  the unlocked fps .exe

I need to try more but if im alone and the game just start i don't feel this little stuttering when AI group are spawn.

Note : there is just 1 player (me) on the server.