Dedmen

Server FPS limit testing

Thread cleaned up, there is no place on this forum for belittling and flame-baiting comments. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I added the file offsets to my first post so you can edit the limit yourself if you want to.
9001 fps is also available now. Because I initially wanted a limitless binary and people are still hitting the 200 fps limit which I never expected to be reached :D

I'd be very interested in diag_captureFrame logs from the Server using the latest profv2 binary with the 9001 fps limit.

• Like 2

BIeqpB4.jpg

8 Players reporting "very smooth experience".

But I never told them anything. So I assume it's not completely placebo.
~150 avg. on server. Dropped to ~50 during most intense combat.
I'll prep some tvt scenarios, because I'm interested if this will remove a lot of kill trading? In theory it should.

On 24/09/2017 at 7:25 AM, computer said:

I'll prep some tvt scenarios, because I'm interested if this will remove a lot of kill trading? In theory it should.

Not always, depends on many factors. Body armour and weapons used against players.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gogsworld said:

@dedmen Are you planning to make a version for the new 1.76 hotifx version that's just come out?

Tomorrow. about 14 hours from now. I hope. I should have time for it.
Won't make one for the hotfix though. Only perf/prof branch. So the newest perf build will be done.
Afaik you also don't need the hotfix binaries serverside. But being outdated is always somehow bad.

• Thanks 1

OK. The latest perf build is based on the 1.76 hotfix anyway if I read Dwarden's note on the perf build properly. So, all good. Thanks

18 hours ago, gogsworld said:

OK. The latest perf build is based on the 1.76 hotfix anyway if I read Dwarden's note on the perf build properly. So, all good. Thanks

I just added profv5 for x86/x64 and also Linux server. with 9000fps on windows and 1000 on linux

:don8::firefoxlover::happyagentSmith::icon_bash::shoot::slayer7::suspect::t::ups::uzi::war::yeahthat::yay:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dedmen said:

I just added profv5 for x86/x64 and also Linux server. with 9000fps on windows and 1000 on linux

:don8::firefoxlover::happyagentSmith::icon_bash::shoot::slayer7::suspect::t::ups::uzi::war::yeahthat::yay:

No windows server version? All I can see on the link is client and linux server...

1 hour ago, gogsworld said:

No windows server version? All I can see on the link is client and linux server...

Oh gosh I'm dumb... :D Give me half an hour :D

Can we get just like the original 1, the 100 fps version I've found to be the best for my servers, and I haven't quite figured out how to update the binary myself yet :f:

No rush, whenever you have time mate, I am still rocking the original 100 fps version and it's still goin strong! :don8: :eyeheart:

5 hours ago, RCANTEC-RyanD- said:

Can we get just like the original 1, the 100 fps version I've found to be the best for my servers, and I haven't quite figured out how to update the binary myself yet :f:

No rush, whenever you have time mate, I am still rocking the original 100 fps version and it's still goin strong! :don8: :eyeheart:

Why were the other versions worse than the 100fps one?

:ups:

Not really sure tried it on 3 of my servers and I found a reduction in FPS, from 5-30 server side. The 100 FPS version I have a solid 95-70 

@dedmen, What are we looking for, so as to edit the other/newer exes? I've done some compares and up until v05 I could find the same values to edit but v07 does not seem to have the same values.

On 16.10.2017 at 2:58 AM, kuplion said:

@dedmen, What are we looking for, so as to edit the other/newer exes? I've done some compares and up until v05 I could find the same values to edit but v07 does not seem to have the same values.

You have to remind me to add the addresses. Just added v7 x64 windows.

9 hours ago, dedmen said:

You have to remind me to add the addresses. Just added v7 x64 windows.

Cheers. Could you do performance builds too?

13 hours ago, kuplion said:

Cheers. Could you do performance builds too?

I can but no. Profiling is better for this as this also allows to easily get performance logs. Which is what this test is about.

6 hours ago, dedmen said:

I can but no. Profiling is better for this as this also allows to easily get performance logs. Which is what this test is about.

Umm..ok then. Some of us have actually been using the performance builds on live servers with great success. Nevermind, we'll go back to the normal performance builds.

19 hours ago, kuplion said:

Umm..ok then. Some of us have actually been using the performance builds on live servers with great success. Nevermind, we'll go back to the normal performance builds.

I'm personally running profiling most of the time. Could never notice any performance difference between profiling and performance versions.

1 minute ago, dedmen said:

I'm personally running profiling most of the time. Could never notice any performance difference between profiling and performance versions.

Would you be able to clue me in as to how you detect the correct position to edit? I see it seems to have changed in v07 but I cannot find the correct position, even when using the modified profiling exe as a reference.

Why don't you run the profiling build, then he gets the data he needs faster, and if all's good then this can maybe get in the stock game faster.  If everyone started editing performance builds, then there's no data and no progress, and no-one benefits.

1 minute ago, das attorney said:

Why don't you run the profiling build, then he gets the data he needs faster, and if all's good then this can maybe get in the stock game faster.  If everyone started editing performance builds, then there's no data and no progress, and no-one benefits.

It's as much for my curiosity as anything else at this point.

3 hours ago, kuplion said:

Would you be able to clue me in as to how you detect the correct position to edit? I see it seems to have changed in v07 but I cannot find the correct position, even when using the modified profiling exe as a reference.

No I won't. BI wouldn't like that. And as I said. Profiling build doesn't create any noticeable performance problems. And it a contains the same performance improvements as the performance build.
I don't see why I should put about 20 minutes of work into something that's completely unnecessary. So just use profiling build.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dedmen said:

No I won't. BI wouldn't like that. And as I said. Profiling build doesn't create any noticeable performance problems. And it a contains the same performance improvements as the performance build.
I don't see why I should put about 20 minutes of work into something that's completely unnecessary. So just use profiling build.

Wow.. I'll just stick to the normal binary then if that's the attitude you take. I asked politely so that I could learn, and in future make the modifications myself, but have it your way.