JohnKalo

Arma 3 - TOH merge?

So BI is there a chance for you guys to update Arma 3 with all Take On Helicopters vehicles, skins and other game assets?

It would be really nice to have a few extra vehicles (cars, helicopters, boats), clothing and units ingame.

The maps and such are not needed since they are not Arma 3 quality but the other assets are at about the same quality so why not provide Arma 3 players with a few more free assets?

And if possible, you can add TOH ingame features such as helicopter winching and vanilla fastroping.

Any chance for that to happen???

BI have made the assets from Take on Helicopters available for modders to port forward. They can be found here

These have been used and updated by several modders. Wanting BI to do it leads to the ongoing discussion around do we want them working on totally new stuff or polishing up their old stuff ;) 

• Like 1

The problem with mods is that mission dependencies are created and not many people will download 2 or 3 mods in order to play 1 mission :)

A mod for static ships, a mod for helicopters and a mod for units? They'll just bypass the mission.

But if TOH assets were introduced in vanilla A3 there would be more possibilities for editors. Especially if the helicopter winch system was revived!!! 

And I do not think that a lot of work is needed for BI to polish up TOH assets. With a little bit of work there will be a lot of extra content for free. Free content that BI really needs since many players now refuse to give more money for even more DLCs when many bugs, such as the helicopter searchlight issue, are ignored.

Too bad BI developers do not respond directly to forum threads. That way we would now what is going on :\

On 9/13/2017 at 11:28 AM, helicopterenthusiast said:

The problem with mods is that mission dependencies are created and not many people will download 2 or 3 mods in order to play 1 mission :)

A mod for static ships, a mod for helicopters and a mod for units? They'll just bypass the mission.

But if TOH assets were introduced in vanilla A3 there would be more possibilities for editors. Especially if the helicopter winch system was revived!!! 

And I do not think that a lot of work is needed for BI to polish up TOH assets. With a little bit of work there will be a lot of extra content for free. Free content that BI really needs since many players now refuse to give more money for even more DLCs when many bugs, such as the helicopter searchlight issue, are ignored.

Too bad BI developers do not respond directly to forum threads. That way we would now what is going on :\

A few mods has never put off the people i know from playing missions...

I do think you under estimate how much time would have to be spent doing up TOH assets for official A3 support. Making it available for use by modders is a much better solution in my mind, BI get to continue with what they have planned and the modding community gets to bring over the TOH assets.

Thats the best situation you'll get at the moment since they're still in the middle of their 2017/2018 roadmap and they probably have any future unannounced additions to the game already planned out.

On 9/13/2017 at 11:28 AM, helicopterenthusiast said:

I think you've got it all backwards.

If you've got a good mod, people will come to you.

It's like cocaine.  You don't see billboards anywhere for that but it still sells week in, week out.

Make a good mod.

• Like 1

I see.

Well due to that I just posted an addon request comment in the appropriate section.

Hopefully someone will be interested in making a mod that will trasnfer all wanted assets in Arma 3.

:thumbs-up: