zippy3251

AI won't cross Lindhaven Bridges (Tanoa)

Hi guys,

I'd like to make a defense mission in Lindhaven, where the AI attacks the central peninsula via the connecting land and the various bridges leading to it. However the I cannot make the AI cross the bridges, nor will they near the edges of ground near the waterways. is there any way to make them move across the bridges?

Thanks,

Zippy

Never seen them have a problem crossing the bridge in previous ALiVE based missions or when playing wasteland online. Do you have a mission file that you would like to share or post so that some of us might be able to help?

Same problem. Troops will not cross at all, even the salvage trucks just stop. Playing BeCTI btw. Have not tried it yet with Alive.

Troops go down underneath the bridge and attempt to swim across.

On 19/09/2017 at 10:47 AM, Nichols said:

Never seen them have a problem crossing the bridge in previous ALiVE based missions or when playing wasteland online. Do you have a mission file that you would like to share or post so that some of us might be able to help?

Just open editor. Place a player and a group south of Linjhaven. Add a waypoint for the group to the fortress ruin. run preview. It takes 2 minutes max.

I can't imagine any general mod like alive or cup or ace, offering a solution for this specific issue.

17 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Just open editor. Place a player and a group south of Linjhaven. Add a waypoint for the group to the fortress ruin. run preview. It takes 2 minutes max.

I can't imagine any general mod like alive or cup or ace, offering a solution for this specific issue.

I am working on a revamp of one of my missions on Tanoa right now and the only place that I have problems with AI driving over bridges is on the wooden bridges near the ruins in the central part of the big island. I have watched them cross the main bridge consistently since Tanoa was released. Now due to the AI being erratic when driving they aren't always successful in crossing the bridge but they do get onto it and drive until they decide to attempt to turn around and go back the other direction. Same with the bride between Katkoula and Balavu; no problem with AI driving across the bridge there either.

Can you please share a simple mission with the AI vehicle and it's path only (extracted from your mission)?
You may try placing the waypoints further away from each other and also from the bridge.

On 02/11/2017 at 8:26 AM, Nichols said:

I am working on a revamp of one of my missions on Tanoa right now and the only place that I have problems with AI driving over bridges is on the wooden bridges near the ruins in the central part of the big island. I have watched them cross the main bridge consistently since Tanoa was released. Now due to the AI being erratic when driving they aren't always successful in crossing the bridge but they do get onto it and drive until they decide to attempt to turn around and go back the other direction. Same with the bride between Katkoula and Balavu; no problem with AI driving across the bridge there either.

AI driving and this infantry path finding are 2 separate problems. Any AI infantry will cross the Linjhaven fortress ruin (SE of map). Swimming seems to them preferable.

When you are talking about short distances yes that is true. I thought the original poster was referring to longer distances. Any time the AI or players for that matter have an opportunity to cut a few minutes of running off their time frame they will do it. 

19 hours ago, Nichols said:

When you are talking about short distances yes that is true. I thought the original poster was referring to longer distances. Any time the AI or players for that matter have an opportunity to cut a few minutes of running off their time frame they will do it. 

Sorry I don't understand.

@pierremgi

Unless you are using something like ASR_AI or VCOM the AI will always take the shortest route between two points. I have not seen them follow what we as humans believe to be the easiest route. For instance on Tanoa the vanilla AI will always go along a straighter route to get to a waypoint than the other types that are controlled by an AI script; unless they are only going a short distance at which point it seems like the vanilla AI behaviour takes over and pushes the AI into a linear thought process rather than taking into account bridges, roads, paths, etc...