lordprimate

Custom Face for ARMA 3 how/help?!

Hello everyone,

I have been wanting to do this for some time now however, lack the knowledge set to compete the task. I am asking for help. I really would like to get "My" actual face in game. At the risk of sounding like a FANBOY. If anyone here doesnt know who Dslyecxi is, he is a YouTuber, and an old school ARMA player. He prompted the idea years ago when he did it for himself. Ever since I noticed that his avatar is actually his real face, I wanted to do the same. However, I could never find all the info I need to create a custom face.

I am asking everyone/ anyone in the community that has experience making custom faces, "Will you Help me make My face a part of ARMA?", "Can someone help my FACE?"

Seriously, I appreciate all your input on the matter.  I have searched and found some threads on the subject, If there is anyone out there with experience in this, or is really good with gimp. again any help is appreciated.

Please and Thank you in advance, 

Sincerely, 

LP 

Thanks Evil, I never saw that post. I have just messaged Mocane_1, well see. Thanks

• Like 1

Keep us posted mate, be nice to see the end results......if your successful! 

There must be something in the water;

• Like 1

Yea,  i saw that thread kinda related but very janky. my plan is to ask if anyone can help or has the experience to do it. and while I wait i was going to look into gimp and doing it myself. There are a couple of personal life errands i need to take care of before i can dedicate time to really doing a good job myself. so yea i figured i would ask. been meaning to for a while. Now that evil organ has posted that link and i have messaged Mocane_1, well see what happens. 

I thought it was funny that I haven't read anything about custom faces for a while and then there are two posts within hours of each other.

To be honest, the first has me thinking about setting up a custom face and implementing a groups on a dedicated server.

its just interesting timing is all ;)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, lordprimate said:

Hello everyone,

I have been wanting to do this for some time now however, lack the knowledge set to compete the task. I am asking for help. I really would like to get "My" actual face in game. At the risk of sounding like a FANBOY. If anyone here doesnt know who Dslyecxi is, he is a YouTuber, and an old school ARMA player. He prompted the idea years ago when he did it for himself. Ever since I noticed that his avatar is actually his real face, I wanted to do the same. However, I could never find all the info I need to create a custom face.

I am asking everyone/ anyone in the community that has experience making custom faces, "Will you Help me make My face a part of ARMA?", "Can someone help my FACE?"

Seriously, I appreciate all your input on the matter.  I have searched and found some threads on the subject, If there is anyone out there with experience in this, or is really good with gimp. again any help is appreciated.

Please and Thank you in advance, 

Sincerely, 

LP 

Little bit of trivia here, but Dslyecxi's face in A2 was one of the in-game selectable faces. If memory serves, BI added his likeness as a reward for services rendered. :)

I put my own face in the game way back in the day, but after the mesh changed for A3, I didn't bother. I just use one of the included camouflage variants that looks vaguely like me.

Boy, was I sunburnt.

• Like 2

Blender's projection painting is pretty useful. But you'd need a selection of photos from various angles to composite them into the final texture. Front. Back. Left and right. Top. Etc. Ideally with minimal shadows and a decent resolution. 

But you can get decent results even with just two images and a low res model.

9keAEEWa_t.png

• Like 1