Gen_Henry_Arnold

Texturing Van Laws of War

More of a question regarding the EULA. 

The Laws of War DLC is still encrypted inside .ebo files, restricting access to the texture sheets.

However, I made my own texture with (LOTS) of trial and error guessing and was wondering if I am allowed to use it on a Arma 3 Life server before decryption, or will this violate any EULA, ToS, etc.?

-Gen. Henry Arnold

If you made the whole texture, and without decrypting anything, of course you can use it.

As far as I know, the Arma 3 Samples contains a texture template for the van, which probably would've been easier to customize. :)

On 11/09/2017 at 2:51 AM, Greenfist said:

If you made the whole texture, and without decrypting anything, of course you can use it.

As far as I know, the Arma 3 Samples contains a texture template for the van, which probably would've been easier to customize. :)

Thanks for that info, definitely made it easier to texture them after using the sample, wish they released a template for each vehicle.
GQpGIMW.jpg

• Like 1

Oh man. You should have waited!

Really not worth the time, BIS usually makes them pbo's again couple months/weeks from release. Opening these files isn't particularly prohibited if you just use them to retex the van.  

I just found this texture of the van from the medics, my question is where are the other files of the van or are they still incrypted? by the way i found this on a other arma 3 forum.

4xcPKdH.jpg

On 9/17/2017 at 4:29 PM, JottiGG said:

I just found this texture of the van from the medics, my question is where are the other files of the van or are they still incrypted? by the way i found this on a other arma 3 forum.

4xcPKdH.jpg

You can check under a3/orange to see if they are encrypted or not. 

On 19.9.2017 at 6:09 AM, M. Glade said:

You can check under a3/orange to see if they are encrypted or not. 

they are still encrypted

btw sorry for the late answer

uNgBAOX.jpg

48 minutes ago, JottiGG said:

they are still encrypted

btw sorry for the late answer

Use A3 Samples. Its public (included PSD template). 

On 14.09.2017 at 12:42 PM, Gen_Henry_Arnold said:

Thanks for that info, definitely made it easier to texture them after using the sample, wish they released a template for each vehicle.
GQpGIMW.jpg

will you share the paa file for the van? :) It looks nice