autigergrad

Revamped Takistani Militia for CUP

20170910205904_1.jpg?width=1125&height=6

Steam Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1132785548

This is a Revamped Takistani Militia faction I created for CUP. They are fully functioning in Zeus, and with ALiVE. By "Revamped", I mean several things:
- New clothing combinations more in line with a Taliban look
-2,4,6,8, and 10 man teams to better simulate insurgent style combat
-Sniper teams, Demo teams, DShKM teams, SPG-9 teams, and mortar teams
-Vehicle groups consisting of 1 vehicle per group to assist driving AI and to also simulate more of an insurgent style combat (instead of 3 technicals at once)

In addition...if you use this faction in conjunction with VCOM AI you will get these extra goodies:
-2 man Insurgent Demo teams will plant explosives when in combat
-2 man DShKM, SPG-9, and Mortar teams will all deploy their static weapons when engaged in combat...then disassemble and continue to move across the battlefield when out of combat.

Here is a video showing exactly what I'm talking about with the dynamic assembling/disassembling of static weapons.  Adds another dimension to fighting AI.

You aren't required to use VCOM but I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend it for the reasons listed above.
VCOM AI: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721359761

Faction Name: CUP_O_Tban

I specifically created this faction for our ALiVE insurgency campaigns that we run wth VCOM AI and we've had outstanding results using them. I hope others get some enjoyment out of them.

You can find my other factions in my Steam Workshop including Takistani Civilians that can be used in conjunction with these for Insurgency scenarios and campaigns.

Note: I will be doing alternate versions of my Asian and African factions for CUP with the VCOM AI enabled features as well, which will be added to this pack when time permits.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Lucasam said:

This sounds awesome, thanks!

Would this be alive compatible?

Yup

Here is a demo of what you get if you use VCOM AI with this faction.  I'm in the middle of adding these additions to all CUP OPFORs and my custom Faction OPFORs as well.

• Like 3

Sorry it was right there in the op, I was so excited to see vcom's static deployment being used with non-vanilla faction that I skipped ahead lol

Cant wait to see what else you do, especially with your excellent Asian faction! 

• Like 1

hi, great looking units, but i only find a vehicle unit, but no infantry units in the mod, i downloaded it from the steam workshop too. Please help why this is happening.

22 minutes ago, wika_woo said:

hi, great looking units, but i only find a vehicle unit, but no infantry units in the mod, i downloaded it from the steam workshop too. Please help why this is happening.

Make sure you are using CUP, as this mod requires it.

• Like 1