Not the blurry watery eyed effect or loading the action on the sign, but it looks like they used an addAction or something to do the following:
titleText["","BLACK OUT",2];

sleep 2.5;

titleText["","BLACK IN",3];

0 setOvercast 20;

0 setRain 0;

forceWeatherChange;

999999 setRain 0;

//Not the same post-process effects as in video, just an example

"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true;
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1.0, 1.0, 0.0,[0.2, 0.2, 1.0, 0.0],[0.4, 0.75, 1.0, 0.60],[0.5,0.3,1.0,-0.1]];
"colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 0;

Additionally, here's a list of functions (And 1 command) added in version 1.76: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Introduced_with_Arma_3_version_1.76

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

looks like refract particles. use normal particle commands and use the refract model from data_f instead of the commonly used universal one. i did it before for a stealth suit but can't find it right now. if i can dig it up i'll bring it back here.

Do you mean some specific part of it or just in general?

Most of the objects, sounds and cutscene camera positions are placed in the mission, and are hidden/shown/damaged based on their proximity when switching between past and present. Some of them are grabbed by the 3den layer they're on. The mines are apparently moved 10km above the ground to hide them while the player is on the memory lane. The powerlines are actually slingload ropes.

The fragment actions use a refract particle effect and a light source for visuals.

The transition uses a wet distortion post process effect. Time and weather changes and some color correction effects are added.

• Like 4

Phronk's suggestion can create something close to the "Memories" sequence using triggers.....

...but I think Undeceived's main point was how to make the transition from one scene to a completely different scene then back to the original scene. 

@dedmen mentioned on Discord earlier that there's a function that controls it "BIS_orange_fnc_switchPeriod", but it isn't in the function viewer so maybe is defined only during the campaign.  Obv you can't access it from debug console during the campaign, but you could make a simple mod to export it during the campaign (from addaction or similar).  Maybe there is a debug console mod that can do this for you, but I haven't checked.

7 minutes ago, das attorney said:

@dedmen mentioned on Discord earlier that there's a function that controls it "BIS_orange_fnc_switchPeriod", but it isn't in the function viewer so maybe is defined only during the campaign.  Obv you can't access it from debug console during the campaign, but you could make a simple mod to export it during the campaign (from addaction or similar).  Maybe there is a debug console mod that can do this for you, but I haven't checked.

Here's a good mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=410206202 

You can use the debug console also to copy the mission file if you want to take a look at it in the editor. (copyToClipboard loadfile "mission.sqm")

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, das attorney said:

jup.

I don't really know how the internals work though.
The memory fragments just call it.

• Like 4

Well, until BIS don't give some info about that, I think we are f

• Haha 1