Sign in to follow this  
AKMARK5000

beginner mission editing questions 09092017

I have beginner mission editing questions:

1. I host map missions from every so often for my ARMA 3 gaming buddies and I.  We have a certain set of mods off the STEAM Workshop that we like to use.  Some members try to join but are just too %^$& lazy to download the mods listed at our website and some just bought ARMA3 with no DLCs. 

A- If I were to start making my own maps, would it be a good practice to disable all custom mods before I make a map mission?

B- How would I make map mission that do not require any DLC's even though I have them all?

Thanks for any advice beyond the obvious.

Only make missions with mods that are needed for the mission, otherwise you're likely to add dependencies that prevent the mission from loading on PCs that don't have all these mods installed.

For B, uncheck the "requires DLC" flag in mission editor.

Cheers

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Only make missions with mods that are needed for the mission, otherwise you're likely to add dependencies that prevent the mission from loading on PCs that don't have all these mods installed.

For B, uncheck the "requires DLC" flag in mission editor.

Cheers

Thank you for the reply... clear and concise... answers both questions.

I sometimes find myself making a mission for my gaming group also with these same concerns. 

Disable all mods mods including all Arma DLC addons. 

All Arma players who own the game can join (if not password protected etc). 

The trouble I faced in the past was creating a mission and unknowingly used an asset (sometimes as small as a barrel), that was from a mod pack or third party addon - only to prevent players from joining.