x3kj

Information request: deployment check algorithm

Could we please get a documentation how the bipod deployment algorithm picks out what location is suitable for deployment and what not? What conditions have to be met to get the possibility to deploy? What are the limitations of fire geometry shapes - for example how do angled surfaces influence the deploy check? I'm working on more realistic bunkers than we have ingame and it is very unpredictable how the deployment works with the model. In one model of mine, when standing far away from the firing slit, i get a deploy icon shown - but no weapon resting. When i move closer i get the resting icon, but the deployment is gone. In addition, it seems unreliable for otherwise identical geometry. For example i mirrored a firing slit, but one side behaves different than the other (has no deployment, other side has but only at very specific angles and position)

Case in point - wall with firing slits and recesses for weapon deployment

untitled-1rsb9h.jpg

Left version you can deploy/weapon rest without problem in the wall recess and shoot out of the firing slit. The right version, where the wall is angled, deploying on the recess is not available most of the time, despite using the same position and space dimensions for the recess as the left version. Only on very specific positions, basically standing 1-2 m away from the recess do you get the option to deploy.

Agreed, getting some insight on how the algorithm works should help mod makers designing stuff to be more robust when utilizing this feature.

Cheers

L'Etranger's "VTS weapon resting" worked so much better than the current system.

Now there are many occasions where the weapon snaps to a strange angle, behind the rock or mainly not at all.