• Arma 3 - Helicopters
    • Arma 3 - Marksmen
    • Arma 3 - Apex
    • Arma 3 - Jets
    • Arma 3 - Laws of War
  2. 2. Free DLC

• Arma 3 - Zeus
    • Arma 3 - Malden

Just wondering what the community thinks about it... (multiple choices)

I voted for "Apex" but only because of the vegetation in it which allows for magnificent maps like Duong Island and Da Krong in the "Unsung" Vietnam

mod.

I'd actually like to see less eye candy and have BI allocate more resources to their 3d modeling for things such as -enterable buildings-.

To me, there's few things as annoying as working to clear a small village or town and find 90 percent of the doors are not functional.

It detracts from the gameplay and ruins my sense of "immersion" in the game/mission.

I seem to recall a number of posts complaining of the same issue/perception; that being that BI has begun making fewer buildings

enterable in the "Apex" DLC. I see that trend if so, to be a poor decision.

Who knows, maybe enterable buildings will be DLC down the road. ;)

Regards, Odd

• Like 1

Its not fair to include Apex, as it is classed as an Expansion by the company, not just a DLC.

I voted Apex since its on the list.

Apex excluded, I think the most useful DLC was the Marksmans DLC, which included platform upgrades Weapon Resting, Deployment and Bipods.

My favorite was the Helicopters DLC, which included the big helis (huron and taru) but also the incredibly useful Sling Loading and Rope mechanics.

This latest DLC was a bit thin on platform upgrades, but it fleshed out the "info panels" with the mine detection which is cool. The "Leaflets" stuff I think is very niche and won't find much use in the community.

• Like 1

Man, I did not realize how had this question is until you asked it. The thing with the DLCs is that while for many of them the content added is cool but also not that big of a deal due to the amazing work you can find made by the community. Case in point are the Heli, Marksman and jets DLCs. These add a few vehicles, guns and other small things which isn't much considering how many awesome community made jets, helis and guns you can find. Rather each of these add much needed and loved engine upgrades that are the sort of thing the community has trouble doing. Sling loading, advanced flight model, weapon resting, firing from vehicles and the sensor overhaul are all great improvements to the game.

On the other hand you have laws of war and apex, which added a large amount of content and two really cool campaigns.

I guess if I have to pick I'm going to go with LoW. This is because the engine upgrades are free so when it comes down to what to spend money on I feel LoW is the best value for money. Not only does it add a lot of content but it is content that the community hasn't really made. With Apex I feel like as cool as all the content is, new guns, vehicles and a map are all things I find on the workshop, and I feel like the LoW campaign is more unique and fun (especially single player).

As for free, well I don't really use zeus but I can admit that it is really frigg'n cool.

I voted for Apex because i love Tanoa reminds me of FarCry 3, will be really Awesome on my new computer build soon!

Also voted Zeus, and Malden, Zues as i use it once in a while, Malden because it brings me back to OFP days and i think BIS did a great job on the map, even with adding new buildings and such.

I voted for Helicopters, I love to fly! Malden, has a special place in my heart.:don8:

I voted apex, heli and malden!

My next biggest dlc wish are some new good SP campaigns!

3 hours ago, RCANTEC_RyanD said:

I voted for Helicopters, I love to fly! Malden, has a special place in my heart.:don8:

I love helicopters too, but wouldn't vote for the DLC. Besides a few nice time trials and the good platform update, the DLC adds vehicles that are mainly redundant. The helicopters that best work in the game (focusing on PvP) are the ones that are nimble but challenging to fly, come armed with just the minigun and rockets, orca and hellcat being the operational examples I'm talking of. Thus they don't have a great deal of firepower and can easily be given to players while most of the others are playing boots on the ground. They also can easily and safely get a bunch of troops to the front lines so what else do you need? That said, I guess the Taru has potential in delivering supplies to the front line, just haven't seen it used for that by the modes I play. Is the Support mode as much fun as the others?

Laws of War is an intriguing approach from the educational point of view. Have you guys used cluster munitions, are they as much fun as they sound?

• Like 1

I'm inclined to exclude APEX since its more of an expansion, as fn_Quiksilver said. I also mean to exclude concurrent platform upgrades as I wouldn't consider those as DLC content but rather content released at the same time as DLC.

That said, I'd have to say my favorite paid DLC was Laws of War. Since I don't bother too much with vanilla content, the other DLCs don't do a lot for me. And with Laws of War, I found the story to be very compelling, informative, and very very well executed. It did what they said it did and provided a little bit of everything. I'm not used to Arma providing such a genuine look at war beyond the firefights, and needless to say I enjoyed it. I got the most enjoyment out of it compared to the others, even possibly APEX although I don't want to include it here.

As far as free DLC goes, obviously Malden. Beautiful and very useful map, plus nostalgia points and all that.

• Like 2

I voted Apex, but that's just because of the content it added. Aside of that, I'm going to have to go with Laws of War, the campaign (which I just finished) was one the the best campaigns I've ever played, even though if it was the shortest (took me two hours).

I voted Karts, just to mess with people.

• Like 3

I voted laws of war because of the massive amount of new objects for content creators and a splendid new campaign :D