Sign in to follow this  
telkwa

How to revert version?

Steam upgraded my Arma3 today without my permission and now my saved games for user missions don't load.  How can I get around this.  How can I revert to the version I had yesterday or can I update a saved game so that it loads?

You can go to the Arma 3 settings, and under the betas tab.  There is a beta access box where you can type in "Arma3Legacy174" and it'll unlock the previous version for you to use.  I think it is only available until the next update.

telkwa, Arma does not require your permission to update/upgrade, please see the Steam Subscriber agreement that you accepted. But, as others have said, there is a way to revert. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion.  I pasted "Arma3Legacy174"  into the beta code and it confirmed that its "now available".  I don't see anywhere in the game's interface where I can make use of yesterdays version.

I found it.

Open Steam right click Arma3->Properties.  After pasting into the code box and clicking Check Code button, Arma3Legacy174 appears in the drop menu above for the "beta" you want to opt into.  Now you have to wait until the game you had the day before download again.  Beta my ass, it was the game I played yesterday!

This is screwed up. I played a scenario last night, saving games regularly for about 2 hours.  Got up this morning to play the same scenario and it didn't say "resume" like it does normally.  All the saved game files in C:\Users\me\Documents\Arma 3\Saved\steam\hunter%20six%20-%20special%20operations%20unit.altis have been mysteriously deleted.   The mix of any game and Steam is a cluster****.  So what do I have to do make a batch script I click regularly to save my saved games in case either Arma or Steam wipes them out.  Unbelievable.  My lack of confidence always comes and goes with this game franchise over the years regarding problems.  Just been reinforced. *sigh*. 

After this new update, most of my mods now don’t function. My, ACE mod in particular which, of course, breaks other mods. My Arma experience is now ruined. 

3 hours ago, brayvhart said:

My Arma experience is now ruined. 

Mod makers are responsible for maintaining their mods' compatibility with the current version, not BI. That said, there is no chatter on the ACE Discord regarding ACE not working, which would sort of be a big deal if true, so either you are getting your mods from somewhere other than Steam and they aren't updated (in which case you need to update them), or there is something else wrong on your end.

• Like 2