kerozen

Broken Zeus causing crashes

After the Orange DLC i have been getting crashes while playing with Zeus when i delete units. Happened to the 3 other people from my group who usually use Zeus ingame. Is there anything i can do?

bFG1sOo.png

SNWWnpw.png

I have been talking to zeus's at Ahoyworld and Tuff Shit Baby, they are crashing out when going into the map with the same errors.

Getting the same errors as the gents above.  Can the zeus player download the profiling branch and still connect to stable version?

@TPM_Aus yes the profiling branch and it's performance binaries are multiplayer compatible with main branch stable binaries

i also recommend the server to use those too

On 13.9.2017 at 11:29 AM, dwarden said:

how about a hotfix officially released on steam and not be pushed to use experimental branches?

not everybody do read in this forums and this error is quite a game breaking bug for all zeus users

• Like 4

that will happen at some point ... there're more crashes to fix until then

• Like 1

I did a quick search when I received this error earlier today. Turns out, my graphics driver was out of date, and I guess that's a common cause of the 0xc0000005 error. I updated my graphics driver, and it works no problem. Not sure if this'll work for everyone, but I hope it helps at least some.

having the same issue myself, glad to see it's getting fixed!

Same trouble here, once i switch to map in zeus, arma crashes.

Good that the Zeus crash on map opening was fixed, but our group is facing a new crash with the latest hotfix. If there's 3 or more Zeuses, and 1 respawns (via menu, script or plain old death), it will almost always result in the other 2 experiencing a CTD (not the one who respawns). Coupled with the still un-fixed Zeus-not-opening-until-they-respawn bug means that we can't have more than 2 Zeuses at all in our operations right now. :(

Has anyone else experienced this or have any information to help narrow it down?

@fourjays

tried new profiling branch performance binary from last week ?

also crashdumps will be useful

On 16/10/2017 at 12:10 AM, dwarden said:

@fourjays

tried new profiling branch performance binary from last week ?

also crashdumps will be useful

Sorry for the delayed reply. I posted this just after the op where we discovered it, and mid-op I switched to the latest performance binary to see if that fixed it, but it did not. If there's newer ones I'll give them a go tomorrow.

Might have more information from tonight's operation. The Zeus reported that it occured when anyone died within his characters FOV (not Zeus camera FOV). So if someone dies in Zeus camera, it is fine, but if they die within the FOV of his player character (even if it isn't in Zeus camera at the time), they get a CTD. We believe this also explains our prior issue where Zeuses respawning kicks the other Zeuses, as we were all standing close to each other.

We'll test it further and try to narrow it down to just being base game Arma 3 as we run with a lot of mods. In case these are useful regardless though, these are the RPTs/crash dumps we have so far. One from myself on the 15th October (https://www.dropbox.com/s/bykp90roqfwxno7/fourjays_arma3_x64_2017-10-15_22-32-10.zip?dl=0), one from the Zeus who experienced the issue tonight (https://www.dropbox.com/s/1mqtumhebnhajuq/0mega_arma3_x64_2017-10-21_20-08-58.zip?dl=0).

Thanks

@Dwarden We've got to the bottom of what is causing our Zeus CTDs. It is one of our own mods, but I also believe it might ultimately be a bug in Arma. We have a "respawn template" that deletes dead bodies in the spawn area. This runs "onPlayerRespawn". It seems that the Zeus CTD occurs for any Zeus whose character's FOV sees the body of a Zeus get deleted. Non-Zeus player's do not trigger the crash at all.

Hope that helps in some way.

@fourjays

can you turn that discovery into simple reproduction package for our QA ?

mod+mission+howtocrash steps ? :) {if it's purely scripting then ofc mod not needed}