lv1234

Anyone know how to stop steam from updating arma 3?

So arma 3 updated today on steam and it broke a lot of my saves in custom scenarios. (thx bohemia and steam, 10/10 on your end)..Is there any way in the future to disable this stupid update feature at all?

So far i have this configured

-Auto update games between 5am - 6am on steam and that is all

You can thank Steam it's not really possible to disable auto update without constantly watching download tab and aborting updates. But you can always easily revert back to the older version with the beta code that's given in each SPOTREP.

But if you can live with two Arma 3 installs then it's possible. Install the Steam version in drive where Arma's Workshop mods are OK to be and then use Game Updater from Arma 3 tools to install the manually updating Arma 3. You need to launch the game's launcher from the GU's version folder to be able to play that version and then maybe refer the Workhop mods folder to see Workshop mods in that launcher.

4 hours ago, St. Jimmy said:

You can thank Steam it's not really possible to disable auto update without constantly watching download tab and aborting updates. But you can always easily revert back to the older version with the beta code that's given in each SPOTREP.

But if you can live with two Arma 3 installs then it's possible. Install the Steam version in drive where Arma's Workshop mods are OK to be and then use Game Updater from Arma 3 tools to install the manually updating Arma 3. You need to launch the game's launcher from the GU's version folder to be able to play that version and then maybe refer the Workhop mods folder to see Workshop mods in that launcher.

1. Oh ok will do that, where is it typically located in spotrep?

2. Hmm, not familiar with that method...Step by step please? I'm noobish at this stuff 

4 hours ago, St. Jimmy said:

It keeps saying access code invalid after i put and test one of the older beta codes?

Gosh i want my money back at this point 

Didn't this work?

A Legacy Build Steam branch is available for advanced users. It contains the previous significant main branch version (1.74). It can be used to compare specific changes between major releases. The access code for this branch is: Arma3Legacy174

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Greenfist said:

Didn't this work?

Well that seemed to work! but why not the others codes?

8 minutes ago, lv1234 said:

Well that seemed to work! but why not the others codes?

Only one previous legacy version is always available, so older codes and branches will disappear when an update is released.

I think the old 1.64 is still around though, for Mac/Linux port compatibility.

3 minutes ago, Greenfist said:

Only one previous legacy version is always available, so older codes and branches will disappear when an update is released.

I think the old 1.64 is still around though, for Mac/Linux port compatibility.

Also do you think this method will stop auto updates and allow you to play the non-updated version? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UdzSNJeZik