Aphex26

[Terrain] CEEST - Continually Expanding European Style Terrain

C.E.E.S.T

Continually Expanding European Style Terrain

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download

Progress so far

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Pic 8

Pic 9

What is it?

CEEST is a non specific European terrain that will grow with time. I will keep on expanding the size of the playable area with updates at least once a month.

The terrain is not particular to one region of Europe, allowing mission makers to craft their mission to what ever region they would like.

The initial playable area is a little over 9km^2. i intend to add about 1 square KM per month and keep on improving my workflow and my own assets as i go on. I did this because it is the way that i work best.

For now the map leans heavily on previously created content but i plan on introducing some of my own content over time. Particularly trees in the forest.

What is required?

- Apex expansion

Open Chernarus Project

PLP urban barriers

- PLP Containers

- CUP

- MBG Buildings

Notes

-Playable area is in the NW of map.

-I do not intend to finish the entire 40x40 area, thats only to give me room to expand where i want to.

-Playable area is marked by a rock wall surrounding it. Can be seen on map.

-Wheat fields are noticed by darker fields on map. If you zoom in you can see green dot pattern in the field to indicate it is tall wheat. Light/white colored fields are hay bales.

Suggestions are always welcome. Just PM me.

• Like 8

I like the microterrain you have created in the forest. Perhaps a similar effect could be added to some parts of terrain besides them. For example ditches to the fields and roadsides. Perhaps some rough patches to non cultivated areas?

Very cool idea. Love the idea of expanding and keeping it very utilitarian. Unfortunately I can't try it but I'll be playing around with it as soon as possible. It's non-specific but are there certain kind of regions loosely represented? Like sort of balkan areas, sort of alpen areas, sort of scandinavian areas? Seriously dig the idea of covering a variety of european geotypes in one terrain. I mean there's pantera and sahrani and stuff, but they're sort of dated and the contrasts are.. stark. 

Update 3

Pretty big update

-Added ~8 sq KM to the SW. Tis is a bit more open terrain for combined/vehicular warfare.

--Includes two towns and 4 rural homes/farms

-Reworked forest grass.

Progress Pic

Pic One

Pic Two

Pic Three

Pic Four

Updated OP

Still working on this. Have a massive update coming that will nearly double the size of the current area. Here's a progress pic with new wheat fields.

New wheat Fields

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

looks good. I always appreciate well represented agriculture in terrains, its a detail I feel a lot of authors neglect. it seriously bugs me to walk through a field that looks like wheat on the satmap but is just generic grass on foot.

• Like 2

Thanks. Because of the generated nature of the terrain i had to keep things pretty simple. Harvested wheat field and grown wheat field.

Updated the forest and it turned out really nice. Im using Tanoa trees and some bushes. I tried around with making the forest grass placed as objects similar to what is done on Shwemlitz but i could not achieve the look or performance I desired. 

3206B34464AB6C0C26167FCDB86B6A3450FA126B

3800677D5F60AFBA5B064B16BA748D09BC533D10

Will be in the next update hopefully before the end of the month.

• Like 5

Wow, that looks great. Looks current gen for once, after all these years of Arma 2 foliage, and it works pretty damn well despite them being from a pacific island.