funnybuns

H&K UAR Recce Rifle (W.I.P)

thanks to WinterTFR for creating all textures and  writing the config for this.

Project will continue work and all updates will be posted here

u94hyN9.jpgd5m2YJO.jpg

NmwQN9t.jpg

• Like 12

Thats looking great. Can't wait. Could probably benefit from some more scratches and wear on some areas but its all still quite good.

I'd render within O2 before you make adjustments. It can look different rendered with other programs (for better or worse)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, warlord554 said:

I'd render within O2 before you make adjustments. It can look different rendered with other programs (for better or worse)

Yep those were 400 sample renders from substance just for a teaser o2  is next.

• Like 3

UPDATE

zGEb3QX.png

sPQrMjK.pngjWMxO1x.pngsS43uUB.png

Now in Oxygen 2

WinterTFR has been working setting up the LOD's 

We just thought we would post some screens of it in Bulldozer 

• Like 5

Hey guys, nice to see this model coming along nicely!

I was wandering, what is de pipeline to get a weapon mod from 3D model to Arma3?

I assume you need Blender or 3dMax for modeling/animation. Where do you do texturing and LODs? What is O2 and Buldozer? 

Sorry to ask, there is no 'stack overflow' for Arma3 modding... LOL

Nice concept, but a little out on the weathering and wear and tear areas.

A few observations on your wear and tear.

The Pistol grip is made from ABS plastic,, so it  wouldn't wear like that.
The forward bolt assist, has too much wear, to the point all the parkerising has worn off, but the face of the ejector nub, just in front of the bolt assist is hardly worn at all, where that area on the real thing gets smashed by empty brass every time it's fired.

Most of the wear and tear occurs from the weapons rubbing against the users gear, it takes a great deal of time on a standard weapon to wear it down to where the bare metal shows through, and it's quite subtle, I'm using a 20 year old AKM just now in my work, and it's not as worn out as your model.

I've been there myself weathering the weapon and was quite pleased with the look, then having taken a look back, realised that a lot of the areas with heavy wear and tear, would never get that in real life, without it being attacked with steel wool and scotchbrite.

Most wear and tear occurs on raised and sharp edges, as I said earlier, nice concept, just a tad heavy on the wear and tear, never the less, good effort.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, jacobs said:

Hey guys, nice to see this model coming along nicely!

I was wandering, what is de pipeline to get a weapon mod from 3D model to Arma3?

I assume you need Blender or 3dMax for modeling/animation. Where do you do texturing and LODs? What is O2 and Buldozer? 

Sorry to ask, there is no 'stack overflow' for Arma3 modding... LOL

Take a look at that link he has a download to a full guide on everything you need to know from 3d modeling to Oxygen2, writing configs, ect.. should tell you everything you need to know :)

10 hours ago, road runner said:

Nice concept, but a little out on the weathering and wear and tear areas.

A few observations on your wear and tear.

The Pistol grip is made from ABS plastic,, so it  wouldn't wear like that.
The forward bolt assist, has too much wear, to the point all the parkerising has worn off, but the face of the ejector nub, just in front of the bolt assist is hardly worn at all, where that area on the real thing gets smashed by empty brass every time it's fired.

Most of the wear and tear occurs from the weapons rubbing against the users gear, it takes a great deal of time on a standard weapon to wear it down to where the bare metal shows through, and it's quite subtle, I'm using a 20 year old AKM just now in my work, and it's not as worn out as your model.

I've been there myself weathering the weapon and was quite pleased with the look, then having taken a look back, realised that a lot of the areas with heavy wear and tear, would never get that in real life, without it being attacked with steel wool and scotchbrite.

Most wear and tear occurs on raised and sharp edges, as I said earlier, nice concept, just a tad heavy on the wear and tear, never the less, good effort.

in regards to the pistol grip im avid shooter i noticed that a bit later and resolved it already. Also involving the wear it looks worse then it is ingame  but i did change it the make it so only the sharp angles look worn considering the most active theaters in our world today. 

Thanks for the feed back.

• Like 2

Just as a quick update i should have it in game and functioning with the modified textures within the coming weeks. (considering that was a all nighter job any how) thanks for all the support funnybuns and myself will continue to work on this when able.

Regards, Winter

• Like 5