1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Great work Phronk.  Here's another idea to further spice up AI affected by flashbang:  Panic firing.  Could be a low percentage chance of them spraying in a random direction when blinded.  Just an idea...its already great as it is.

I remember doing alot of panic firing myself back in my counter strike days...  :)

Yeah.
Panic Firing.

PANIC FIRING !!

• Like 2

Cool ideas.

One of my favorite things in video games that always fascinates me, whether it be Elder Scrolls games or Arma, is intelligent AI that can adapt to situations and be sporadic/unpredictable.  It's my goal to start an AI project (Not as vast as VCOM AI probably) to make their tactics more immersive.  For example, AI that actually clear rooms.  I've been really motivated/inspired by SWAT 3's AI in CQB that I'm considering experimenting with scripting AI fireteams to breach buildings better: stack up, flashbang breach, herp-derp clear through the rest.  I'd really love to have them legit pie doorways and clear, but that's where I start to think I'm hoping for too much.

I have a lot of ideas on how I can make the AI more "realistic" or immersive, but it's a huge task and a lot can go wrong with AI in almost any situation/context.  With that said, it's on my to-do-list some day without mod dependencies, as always.

• Like 6

On 9/14/2017 at 2:59 AM, phronk said:

I haven't figured out a way to reduce the amount of time the flashbang's fuse goes off, but I have a couple ideas which might work.  I like the idea of making the flashbang less effective outdoors, I'll put that on my to-do-list.  Something else I wanna add is flash of white light at the position of the flashbang when it goes off.

More features are in the works.  Thinking about it more, helicopterenthusiast, it would be nice to have a script to drag incapacitated players which worked with the default Arma 3 revive system.  If it's doable, I'll look into it.

Awesome for both the searchlight and the drag script!!!

SAR missions will be more feasible will these scripts appear :thumbs-up:

@phronk

I was just watching the Falshbang video you posted on youtube and had a question.

Lets say that there was only one enemy AI in that building. (for simplicity sake)

Do you think it would be possible to add a setCaptive command to that AI during that brief moment when he's crouched over with his gun lowered? Not sure if its possible unless the enemy AI was placed in the editor so you could give it a name. It would be best if it could also work on dynamically spawned units.

If it is, I could see where you could have player units entering the building from two sides and grab him as a live hostage if they work fast enough.

This isn't really a request, more like a"what if".

Fire

@FireWalker While the AI unit is doing his flashed animation, he is unable to engage anyone until he regains composure within 6 seconds (I might make it even shorter, like 5 or 4 seconds, IDK).  So technically, if you were fast enough, you could just charge up to him and arrest him or whatever, assuming you have ACE or whatever to do that.  I haven't tried it, but don't see why it wouldn't work.

• Like 1

Ok. I'm just thinking out loud about the whole idea. I don't use ACE, or many other mods for that matter. I was more wondering if the setCaptive command could be slipped into the flashbang script during that time to get the addAction for a few seconds. 

Fire

I was thinking about this script and realism. Along with drag and carry, it would be nice to have the ability to have an AI or player join your group or squad. There are scripts that exist already but it would be nice to include here. For example, you rescue a downed pilot or POW. You can ask him to join your squad so now you have control of them. 

• Like 1

Flashbang script is now basically finished, I just need to reduce the fuse of the flashbang; I know an easy workaround that I'll throw in eventually.  Today I started and finished the backblast script.  Now people behind you (Whether they're AI or players) who are in your backblast radius will get knocked down and severely injured, when you fire a launcher!  It's not perfect, but it's good enough for now.  I'll make a video to demo it (and the flashbang again) when I have a couple more new features to show off.  I'm considering writing a door breaching script soon or at least start it, (I know others exist, but I need one that allows you to breach any door or at least wooden doors) but it's a bit more complicated than you'd think.

• Like 7

Download Link (Google Drive)

Download Link (Steam Workshop)
Download Link (Armaholic)

Version: 0.8

Size: 22 KB

ADDITIONS:

• Initial release

KNOWN BUGS:

• Post-process effects do not reset after being backblasted

• Weapon attachment animations play when moving attachment into/out of container

It has been exactly 5 years since I first joined the Arma series community!  What better time to release a script?!  Please keep in mind that this is a very early Work-in-progress, a lot of the code will be rewritten and reorganized to be more modular and efficient.  This is basically in the proof-of-concept phase, still.  I'm still adding new features, such as breaching charges.  I know the code sucks and all of it can be improved (I'll focus on making it pretty last) but I just want to get features in a working state at some degree, first.

Thanks and enjoy!

• Like 3

@phronk - CTD. I know the issue though, for anyone else wondering, remove the following from the description.ext file:

#include "common\client\AFAR\ui\defines.hpp"
#include "common\client\AFAR\ui\dialogs.hpp"
#include "common\client\HALO\dialog.hpp"
#include "common\client\CAS\casDefine.hpp"
#include "common\client\CAS\casMenu.hpp"

That's weird, IDK why those are even there.  That's from another mission of mine, lol.  They're totally irrelevant and should be removed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I'll fix it today or tomorrow.  Read HazJ's post above and my response.

The script disables itself when ACE is detected.

On 11/24/2017 at 12:09 PM, AIG.Tartar said:

Thanks and is the script ace 3 compatible ?

The whole point of this is to create realistic systems (see the name) - without mods I prefer, using vanilla only. ACE3 does the same using a mod approach. Why would it be compatible, or need to be? :S

On 11/24/2017 at 12:07 PM, phronk said:

On 11/24/2017 at 12:09 PM, AIG.Tartar said:

Thanks and is the script ace 3 compatible ?

The whole point of this is to create realistic systems (see the name) - without mods I believe, using vanilla only. ACE3 does the same using a mod approach. Why would it be compatible, or need to be? :S

On 11/24/2017 at 12:07 PM, phronk said:

EDIT: Please delete this. It duplicated itself. Forums are f*cked up so bad, BI - fix your sh!t. :tounge_o::smileee:

• Like 1

Hi ! Thank you for your script.

Can I suggest somethinf if possible. Is about repack magazines. I don't know if this make sene in terms of realism. 

Thank you

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MisterOth said:

Hi ! Thank you for your script.

Can I suggest somethinf if possible. Is about repack magazines. I don't know if this make sene in terms of realism. 

Thank you

Mag repacking would be a nice feature!

• Thanks 1

@AngryHerring Thanks, I also found a similar issue with backblasting players which caused all players to hear ear-ringing.  These bugs are now fixed in the next version.

• Like 2