Sign in to follow this  
lunatic SMC-1

Transparency showing in buldozer but not ingame ???!!! [Causing problem found, no solution though]

This weird thing happened to my textures after I reset the texture-location to work without "P:\" in object builder.

In buldozer everything looks fine but after packing the addon the texture doesn't show any transparency anymore. Can anyone please tell me: what have I been doing wrong?!

a3_textureproblem_2000.jpg

(As long as the texture assignment was reffering to my project drive the textures did look fine ingame as well. - of course that's no solution when you want to publish your work :-P)

The tools needs to be able to find and reference the textures and materials on your model during packing.

So you need to have Object Builder set up properly with File>>Options...>>Path for textures set to P:\ so that you can view the textures with the same absolute path that you will use ingame. Then you wont' have to add the P:\ paths in the first place and it should be more obvious when the model can't find textures and materials it is looking for, on the P:\ drive

If your .rvmat file references .paa files from the game data, or is itself an .rvmat from the standard game, this all needs to be unpacked on to your P:\ drive as well

e.g. if you are referencing a3\plants_f\bush\data\b_ficusc1s_f_lod3_polyplane.rvmat this .rvmat file needs to be unpacked to P:\a3\plants_f\bush\data\ and so do the files referenced inside it, e.g. a3\plants_f\_polyplane\data\polyplane_ficusbenjamina_l2_nohq.paa etc. etc.

Thank you for trying to help me, da12thMonkey. 
I allready have set up the P: drive in objectbuilder as texturepath. And I don't reference to any paa or rvmat file from the base game or another mod. 
As you can see on the ingame/eden screenshot the texture is found (otherwise it would be just a grey object) but the transperency appears black.

That's why this is so confusing to me. 

(btw: I also tried to use different pixel and vertex shaders in the rvmat but the transparency still becomes black)

OK... now it's getting really weird... 

For testing puropses I just replaced my own .paa and rvmat files with those of a cup model. I didn't change anything except filenames and paths  (including texture/material assignment in object builder).

And the result is the same unfortunate one:

a3_textureproblem_2001.jpg

So it seems as if I am doing something wrong with the model or while packing (I doublechecked - *.p3d, *.paa and *.rvmat files are listed to be packed into the pbo)

Do I have to set some special settings for the polygons in object builder?
Do I have to set something special in any config file?

Okaaaaay

Problem found! (no solution though) If I uncheck "binarize" when packing the addon with addonbuilder the textures look correct ingame as well. Even though this sounds a littelbit like nonsens to me. This would mean that addons aren't supposed to be binarized?! But it has to, to become small.

In case anybody else comes across this problem.

My solution for now is to split the content into 2 pbo files. One unbinariezed pbo, wich contains only the bush and another binarized pbo containing all the rest to keep filesisze small.

try to pack it with pboproject instead! Its way better att telling you when something is wrong!

• Like 1