ayjay

So what exactly am I downloading?

Just tried to start the game only to be informed that I am downloading 8.9 gigabyte of something and will be allowed to play the game in 5 hours . Please tell me this isn't something to do with this Laws of War DLC, something that I'm not remotely interested in and will never buy.

Thanks for your reply Evil Organ.

LoW DLC content is 1.4GB (uncompressed) out of that 9GB, by the way. So you get more for free than paid. :D

• Like 2

Yes I've just been reading the stuff Evil Organ directed me to. Fair enough apologies to the Devs for my churlishness. :down:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ayjay said:

Please tell me this isn't something to do with this Laws of War DLC, something that I'm not remotely interested in and will never buy.

But, the size depends on the Apex ownership. I don't have Apex (asked for a refund when I tried the "campaign") and I have to download the full 8.9 GB.

So, if I understand this right, I have to (re)download the whole Apex map just because the 'Laws of War' showcases that come for free (and which I really don't care about as I saw the trailer) are using the Apex map?

Can't such things be made optional in the future? If Apex map is not for free, why enforce it on users who don't want to pay for it (at least not until there's a decent SP campaign that comes with it) and can't use it?

4 hours ago, ijozic said:

But, the size depends on the Apex ownership. I don't have Apex (asked for a refund when I tried the "campaign") and I have to download the full 8.9 GB.

So, if I understand this right, I have to (re)download the whole Apex map just because the 'Laws of War' showcases that come for free (and which I really don't care about as I saw the trailer) are using the Apex map?

I don't think this is the case.  I have Apex and still had to DL the 8.9gb.

8 hours ago, ayjay said:

Just tried to start the game only to be informed that I am downloading 8.9 gigabyte of something and will be allowed to play the game in 5 hours . Please tell me this isn't something to do with this Laws of War DLC, something that I'm not remotely interested in and will never buy.

yeah I feel the same. Unfortunately I own it by default as i bought the DLC2 pack as support for BIS. Didn't expect them to do a non-military specific DLC.

I still support BIS though, One of the best Game Dev Companys out there. Hope that they focus back on military aspects and systems plus improving the core game.

• Like 1

Its the only way to keep the player base together. Otherwise you couldn't play with guys using DLC assets anymore, as they use data you dont possess.

I like BIS approach to this. It's up to you if you want to use the content, but all in all its just a big game update for free (if you dont buy the DLC).

• Like 3

On 9/8/2017 at 3:19 AM, drdetroit said:

I don't think this is the case.  I have Apex and still had to DL the 8.9gb.

I stand corrected then. Why did they write it varies with Apex ownership then? Weird.

My update is coming in at 18.5GB! Anyone else got the update coming in above 9GB?

On 08/09/2017 at 3:03 AM, twisted said:

yeah I feel the same. Unfortunately I own it by default as i bought the DLC2 pack as support for BIS. Didn't expect them to do a non-military specific DLC.

Laws of War does have military assets, i would hope new mine types and Cluster Bombs count. Also you may not appreciate but the Laws of War shows a different side to conflict it shows the aftermath and the effect of war. Also some funds from this DLC are been donated to the Red Cross which is a positive thing.

On 09.09.2017 at 7:20 PM, ijozic said:

I stand corrected then. Why did they write it varies with Apex ownership then? Weird.

This issue was discussed at the forum, after the release of Apex. Players, not owners of DLC, could not play on servers where DLC assets were used. Updates, now always, depend on updating the assets of all DLCs. It does not depend on your personal DLC ownership. This depends on the joint use of DLC assets in the missions.