Dj Rolnik

Zeus hearing players' local chat

Hello everyone,

Apologies if this has been asked already or if there is a super simple solution that I am just incapable of finding.

I am writing with a question concerning the Zeus ability to hear voices of other players.

As Zeus I am able to set radio frequency that the team is using and hear them talk, which is obviously fine. However, in order to hear them talk to each other via the normal local chat with the help of TFAR, I have to teleport near them as invisible. That is understandable, but is there any way for me to hear their local chat without the need to teleport right next to them? That is problematic since in the midst of action one does not always have time to teleport, and furthermore, as an HQ I often chat to team leaders on a long range radio which may then be heard by the players that I have teleported next to.

I have noticed that Luetin does have this ability as seen in this video:

but I never wrapped my head around how to make that work. That would be an immense help when Zeusing.

Thanks for  any help,

Adam

Topic closed. One can actually do the exact same thing when playing as a Headless Virtual Zeus.

Hey,

Instead of placing a real soldier and assigning a Zeus module to him, you can place a Virtual Entity and assign the Zeus to it instead. The Virtual Entity is basically an invisible floating head and when connected to the Zeus, it can use the radio, get close to the soldiers and hear them talk. Be aware though, that you will also be heard if you speak directly next to the players, which may be useful as a hint that you may want to provide to your soldiers, but may also interrupt them if they hear something they shouldn't have.

Cheers!