I'm a big fan of your vehicles, but there are two major issues that I can't get past, and so I never use them.

1) The vehicles, for some reason, do not show in any sort of vehicle spawn lists, like those in Battlezone or Proving Ground. I'm not sure if I'm just not seeing them, or if they're not in the list at all.

2) The commander of the Marder has no way to open the ramp at all, and has to switch to the driver's seat to let infantry aboard. It would be nice if the commander could also control the ramp, or if he could "order" the driver to open it for him.

I hope you will address these issues to make the vehicles more usable for people who aren't in German milsim groups. Thanks for the update!

EDIT: I found the Marder. Still can't find the Fuchs though.

1. I don't know anything about Proving Grounds or Battlezone, maybe ask these developers if they have to add the vehicles to there lists. 

2. This is the way it works and is not intended to be changed. Making the action available for AI would be an option

The interior of the medevac Fuchs is even better than I'd hoped it to be :P

Maybe you can add the Open Ramp action to the command menu that appears when you select the driver and press 6?

37 minutes ago, runy888 said:

The interior of the medevac Fuchs is even better than I'd hoped it to be :P

Maybe you can add the Open Ramp action to the command menu that appears when you select the driver and press 6?

Exactly what I wanna do. Maybe I can overhaul more userActions ,so they will appear in the AIs command menu. Next version of the Fuchs will have the same function. You can only access the vehicle if the doors are open. I think we can handle this with giving the action to the AI, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tested a bit with animations and userActions and i figured out, just impossible in the way I want it. So unfortunately, for everybody how wants to use our verhicles with AI, it will stay the way it is.

See all the features including the new features of the forthcomming version

• Like 4

Really nice work. I love the blue light, always bothered me that the vanilla ones didn´t function realisticly!

Looks amazing! I like that the medic (that's what Sanitater means right?) seats are classifed as gunners rather than passengers, that should prevent ACE from loading unconscious people on those seats and choose the passenger one instead, right?

One question though, why does the passenger sit on the stretcher? Is that a paceholder animation or is it not possible to use the laying animation for this?
As has already been stated, those lights look insane ;D

4 hours ago, runy888 said:

Looks amazing! I like that the medic (that's what Sanitater means right?) seats are classifed as gunners rather than passengers, that should prevent ACE from loading unconscious people on those seats and choose the passenger one instead, right?

One question though, why does the passenger sit on the stretcher? Is that a paceholder animation or is it not possible to use the laying animation for this?
As has already been stated, those lights look insane ;D

Thank you, that's correct. There is a simple reason why the passangers are sitting, it is because you can put four unconscious people in the Fuchs when they are sitting and just one if he is laying

3 hours ago, Reddiem said:

Thank you, that's correct. There is a simple reason why the passangers are sitting, it is because you can put four unconscious people in the Fuchs when they are sitting and just one if he is laying

I see. That is very pragmatic thinking and by no means I want to argue with you or attack your project but just to maybe give you another perspective on things:

If you only transport casualties sitting, there is no point really in having a vehicle with a (or actually two) stretcher(s). The only thing that seperates a normal Fuchs (or any other protected vehicle) from the medical one is the red cross on the side and the little spinning blue light on the roof.

To address another aspect, in modern war medicine, primary medevac, so the medevac directly from the place of injury, is rarely ever done by ground vehicles. Those usually only serve as a carrier of equipment where advanced medical treatment can be applied until air medevac arrives or to transport the casualty to a suitable LZ. So the focus has shifted from "Cramming as many wounded in the back of the car and let's get the heck outta here!!" to "Treat a casualty as best as you can and stabilise them until the chopper arrives."

Now with actually modelling the medical equipment in the interior of the vehicle (like the IV dangling from the roof, big thumbs up :P) you started going steps towards the direction of casualty treatment rather than pure transportation. But with only sitting wounded, that is slightly contradicting to me.

If you flip down the second stretcher, you can still transport two casualties lying down plus one on one of the crew seats, you'd still have enough space to fit the whole medical crew (1 emergency physician and 1 paramedic / emergency nurse) and only fit one guy less than if you use the stretcher the way it is right now.

All things considered, I just think it's a waste of potential of this vehicle where the stretchers are already there to only let people sit in it. There are enough, plenty, most vehicles where you can sit in but this one where casualties are transported lying is a rarity and a true gem in my opinion. I know I might be hyperventilating a bit over "Do 4 guys sit on it or does 1 guy lie down?" but considering the love for detail you two have put in the vehicles so far I just thought you'd like to hear the thoughts of one of your fans on this specific feature. And if you now go "Hmm that all sounds reasonable but I can't be arsed changing everything over again for this little thing" then I will completely understand ;)

In case all this made you lose focus of the big picture, the rest is just plainly great by the way :P

Best regards,

runy888

• Like 2

Version 1.1.38 is now available on Steam. The update adds two new version for the Fuchs, the Infantry-Milan and the medic version.

Version 1.1.38
- Addes Fuchs 1A4 Infantry Group-Milan
- Addes Fuchs 1A4 Medic Vehicle
- Added a function to let players only enter vehicles if the doors/hatches are open (player has to open doors/hatches manually. Changing seats inside while doors are closed is no longer possible)
- Added Fuchs mountable rotating beacon (Commander can assemble and disassemble while turned out, Driver and Co-Driver can turn on and off)
- Added Marder "EngineMOI" PhysX parameter 
- Fixed, set launching positions for Marder smokegrenades on the correct position
- Removed stabilization for Marder maingun
- Changed, MG3 closeShot sound
- Changed german displayname "Beschussschild" -> "Beschussklappe"
- Changed position for Marder gunner to enter the vehicle to the rear ramp (rear ramp has to be open for entering)
- Tweaked Fuchs Gearbox so it will not stuck at 30 km/h at normal acceleration (W)
- Tweaked Marder Gearbox a bit
- Tweaked Marder engine parameters a bit

• Like 2

Hey guys and merry Christmas!

its good to see that you created one of the best mods for arma next to the bw mod! It really closes the gap between the new stuff from bw mod and what we all know from our time of service!

and always there is a but! So but, why do u use for the „Winkelspiegel“ pip in the Tpz? Why don’t u do it like in the Marder!? That is much more better! I hope some day the Fuchs also gets a „Krähennest“!? Pls pls do it if u got the time for it! 

For the rest we in our community love this mod!

stay on it and work on it! Looking forward to the next updates and new vehicles!

THS |EagleOne

Version 1.1.44 is available

Download via Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1128145626

Version 1.1.44

- Added simple thermal texture to Fuchs 1A4

- Removed the function to force players to open doors and hatches manually before entering a vehicle for all vehicles. Seats are no longer locked. 

User actions to open doors or hatches are still available, so you can decide by yourself if you want to open a door first or enter a vehicle vanilla style.

- Fixed Marder can now be refueled via ACE3

- Tweaked B.O. lights for all vehicles

- Tweaked some animations

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reddiem said:

Version 1.1.44 is available

Download via Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1128145626

Version 1.1.44

- Added simple thermal texture to Fuchs 1A4

- Removed the function to force players to open doors and hatches manually before entering a vehicle for all vehicles. Seats are no longer locked. 

User actions to open doors or hatches are still available, so you can decide by yourself if you want to open a door first or enter a vehicle vanilla style.

- Fixed Marder can now be refueled via ACE3

- Tweaked B.O. lights for all vehicles

- Tweaked some animations

Why did u unlock the seats and why did u remove the function to force players to open doors first!? Did the community want it that way!? Is there a possibility to get a updated version without these two changes??

Horrido

THS |EagleOne

I am for the removal of annoying features.

These chips are only for those who like to be photographed in the game.

58 minutes ago, THS_EagleOne_GER said:

Why did u unlock the seats and why did u remove the function to force players to open doors first!? Did the community want it that way!? Is there a possibility to get a updated version without these two changes??

Horrido

THS |EagleOne

No, not the community was the reason. We decided to do this step because I had big problems with the Wiesel, these functions and Arma. I couldn't solve these problems because of incomprehensible behaviour of the hatches. Still don't know why a hatch opened sometimes when changing a seat. So we had to go back to vanilla style for all vehicles because we want it the same way for all of them. The useractions are still available so you can still open the doors of you want to or enter it without.

4 hours ago, Reddiem said:

...because we want it the same way for all of them.

So if you want the same stuff for all vehicles mean that your also changing the pip in the „winkelspiegel“ in the Fuchs to the normal view like in the Marder „winkelspiegel“!? ;)

5 hours ago, shurka said:

I am for the removal of annoying features.

These chips are only for those who like to be photographed in the game.

First at all arma is a simulation so it is good to have a lot of features like it is in real! For those who don’t like simulation: hey there is still battlefield and cod on the market! ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THS_EagleOne_GER said:

So if you want the same stuff for all vehicles mean that your also changing the pip in the „winkelspiegel“ in the Fuchs to the normal view like in the Marder „winkelspiegel“!? ;)

This wouldn't work, because of the positions of the "winkelspiegel" in the fuchs. they have to be in direct line of sight for the driver, but have you tried looking through the optics model ? driver and co-driver have them both.

2 hours ago, THS_EagleOne_GER said:

First at all arma is a simulation so it is good to have a lot of features like it is in real! For those who don’t like simulation: hey there is still battlefield and cod on the market! ;)

The fact that you can not change seats in an empty room to close the door is not realistic.