Sign in to follow this  
phronk

Mute A3 Spectators?

I've searched Google and checked through the BI Wiki for any functions or commands to prevent Spectators from communicating with living players, but haven't found anything other than "Don't use the default Arma 3 spectator system."

My 'Addon-Free Arma Radio' script adds an MPKilled eventHandler to the player(s), which mutes all of their VOIP channels upon being killed and an MPRespawn eventHandler which re-enables the channels upon respawn.  While unable to talk in the Arma 3 respawn role selection screen, the player is able to talk while Spectating a player.  Even in Direct Channel.  I'm assuming this is a bug, but before I post the issue on the feedback tracker I figured I'd ask around in case I missed something. 

I'm trying to make my radio script compatible/support the default Arma 3 spectator respawn template, hence why I'm trying to find a solution, instead of using a separate spectator script as a replacement.

I've tried it, but it did not work.  It seems like it's hard-coded to re-enable all VOIP channels for the spectating player, because when I die or force respawn my eventHandlers fire off correctly and disable/re-enable the channels when they're supposed to.  But when I am dead (with channels all disabled) and select Spectate, all VOIP channels are re-enabled for me.  So far nothing is working to disable it. 

I'm not sure how to even detect a spectating player; my debug hint while spectating:

MqoPPfT.png

Hmm, having a look at fn_EGSpectator.sqf through  functions viewer  and  depboing functions_f_exp_a to see the included defines the spectator entity is "VirtualSpectator_F" and you may be able to check return of variable "BIS_EGSpectator_initialized". It may be contained in missionNamespace?

Just did a test to see if typeOf player=="VirtualMan_F" and player isKindOf "VirtualSpectator_F" while spectating, both returned false.