=========================
EDEN EXTENDED OBJECTS
=========================

NQ_OPAIGcj.jpg

This mod has been out for a while but I realized that I've never properly presented it. Eden Extended Objects is mainly targeted for terrain building, however you can also use it to extend the standard maps in your missions. If you do so, your users will need to download this mod in order to play the missions. Abusing of this mod in a mission file may result in loss of performance.

This small editor extension adds these three functionalities.

1. Insert items that are not available in Eden vanilla.

• Trees
  • Bushes
  • Clutter
  • Plants
  • Signs
  • Castle ruins
  • Power Wires

These items can be accessed under the appropriate Eden categories.

LEGAL NOTICE: this mod does not contain any Arma 3 content. All this mod does is expose the existing items from their original Arma 3 file locations in the Eden editor and in user-made scenarios.

2. "Multiply" a selection of objects, thus facilitating the creation of forests, rocky areas, civilian groups, etc.

To access this functionality, select one or more objects that you would like to multiply, right click on your selection and in the contextual menu click on "Extended Objects: Multiply". Objects will be created around your original selection.

3. Rotate objects.

Apply a random different rotation to each object of a selection by pressing F9.

You can find it on the Steam Workshop here.

Best,

_SCAR.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Apologies, link added. Thank you.

Just now, _SCAR said:

Apologies, link added. Thank you.

No problem. Thank you for your useful addon :)

Very nice indeed, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

Very nice indeed, thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: 

Thank you :)

Very nice addon SCAR!

This addon was really needed since the old ones (101 Editor and Arma's Nature) broke somewhere along the way.

Really like the multiply objects feature you came up with.

Thanks for making and sharing!

I apologize for digging up an old thread but I hate that this mod creates a dependency; is there any way without using this mod to be able to access the hidden files from the 3Den Editor?

On 3/2/2019 at 6:10 AM, Nichols said:

I apologize for digging up an old thread but I hate that this mod creates a dependency; is there any way without using this mod to be able to access the hidden files from the 3Den Editor?

I would keep two version of the mission: one with the extended objects (so you can edit it later if needed) and one where you apply the script below, which removes all extended objects and copies them as a script to the clipboard:

rows = [];
{
    private _model = getText (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _x >> "model");
    rows pushBack format ["    [""%1"", %2, %3, %4]", _model, getPosWorld _x, vectorDir _x, vectorUp _x];
    delete3DENEntities [_x];
} forEach ((all3DENEntities select 0) select {_x isKindOf "Eden_Exended_Object"});
data = rows joinString ("," + endl);
copyToClipboard ("{" + endl + "    (createSimpleObject [_x select 0, _x select 1]) setVectorDirAndUp [_x select 2, _x select 3];" + endl + "} forEach [" + endl + data + endl + "];" + endl);

The script is meant to be executed in the debug console in Eden.

You can paste the generated script then in the initServer.sqf, for instance.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 5:23 PM, oOKexOo said:

I would keep two version of the mission: one with the extended objects (so you can edit it later if needed) and one where you apply the script below, which removes all extended objects and copies them as a script to the clipboard:

rows = [];
{
    private _model = getText (configfile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeOf _x >> "model");
    rows pushBack format ["    [""%1"", %2, %3, %4]", _model, getPosWorld _x, vectorDir _x, vectorUp _x];
    delete3DENEntities [_x];
} forEach ((all3DENEntities select 0) select {_x isKindOf "Eden_Exended_Object"});
data = rows joinString ("," + endl);
copyToClipboard ("{" + endl + "    (createSimpleObject [_x select 0, _x select 1]) setVectorDirAndUp [_x select 2, _x select 3];" + endl + "} forEach [" + endl + data + endl + "];" + endl);

The script is meant to be executed in the debug console in Eden.

You can paste the generated script then in the initServer.sqf, for instance.

Thanks bud! I had completely forgotten about this one.