Hello,

Brand new Mini DayZ player here, [less than a week] and I am loving it! My boyfriend was playing for a while then after hearing all the excitement, I asked about it and he showed me. I am now happily a fan. It takes me back to my PC game days of Krush, Kill, & Destroy but more hands on. After playing the game and lots of dying, I now have a ton of questions [and a suggestion or 2] that I can't seem to find the answers to. Hopefully you can answer them.

***What clothing items [besides T-shirt] can be torn into rags? I have searched so many places online and I cannot seem to find the answer to this. I know in the original game DayZ, there was a decent list of clothing that could be torn into rags, some even torn into more than 1 rag. Please help!

***How many times can you harvest a plant before it "dies" ? Do the plants die, become unable to be used? I know you get like 2-5 crop from most plants. What I'm wondering is if it keeps growing new crop on it's own or do you have to plant new things each harvest? [note: this is in reference to farming in the game. I am not asking about berry bushes.]

*** How long do items survive when dropped on the ground? Does the map referesh every X amount of hours?

*** Can your character get attacked while inside a civilian tent?

*** Why can bear traps hurt our characters but not barbed wire? Wouldn't it make sense to make bear traps and other similiar things only harm the enemies? Seems to give them even more of an unfair advantage than what they already have.

*** What is the purpose of the fuel can?

*** Why can certain enemies enter certain buildings? How do we know which enemies can enter buildings or which buildings they can enter? Do enemies change per island you visit? 

*** What is the secret place? How would we know we have found the secret place?

Hey Dawn, I use the browser version and I can tell you use mobile version so I'll try to answer your questions but I'm newer than you and we use different versions. 

During my play throughs I see the tshirt you start with and maybe I'll find one more but thats it. So that means 2 rags you can make. Yes in real dayZ you can use your knife to tear things up but it doesn't seem possible here.

Harvest a plant? How do you plant one? I read something about needing a shovel, pitchfork or pickaxe and zucchini, tomato or green pepper but my attempts with a shovel and pepper didn't do anything. Also I've never lived long enough to go back to locations I've been to before. It would be nice to set up a camp so your food and water needs are manageable.

From what I've read the tent is the only way to safely store your items. I am unsure how long something on the ground will last or what it takes for a town to regenerate it's loot (going away for X amount of time or distance?)

Considering I got bandits running through walls of buildings I wouldn't bet my life the tent is safe but that one would be pretty easy to test out yourself. Let a zombie follow you back and see if he hits you up for some brains. 

I haven't got as far as barbed wire and camps but if the games' crushing difficulty is any indication of the developers thoughts then I think you just gave them the idea to make barbed wire hurt the player as well. For me the bear traps are invisible when set, I would prefer to see something and the option to disarm and reuse it if your plan didn't work out. 

The fact that you can right click on the fuel can and it gives you the option to fill a vehicle than I suppose it's purpose is to make cars drivable. I have not achieved this yet and have read other posts saying they can't drive either. Only certain vehicles can be driven at certain spawn locations. Maybe it's purpose is the same as the whiskey, the world has gone to hell and I have no chance of surviving so I'm just gonna huff some gas to kill the pain. 

I dunno about the characters and buildings thing. Zombies (or I guess they're called infected) cant enter single door buildings and hang out by the door. Bandits just run through walls. Zombies that spawn inside buildings seem to sometimes be able to teleport out. I wonder if wolves will follow you in? The bigger door buildings seem to let everyone in. 

I think there is more than one secret place. I think you know you've found it when you find a town or crash site that isn't on the map. I don't know much about secret places yet. 

Sorry this was the blind leading the blind but at least you got a response. 

On 9/2/2017 at 10:02 PM, sdawn00 said:

Hello,

Brand new Mini DayZ player here, [less than a week] and I am loving it! My boyfriend was playing for a while then after hearing all the excitement, I asked about it and he showed me. I am now happily a fan. It takes me back to my PC game days of Krush, Kill, & Destroy but more hands on. After playing the game and lots of dying, I now have a ton of questions [and a suggestion or 2] that I can't seem to find the answers to. Hopefully you can answer them.

***What clothing items [besides T-shirt] can be torn into rags? I have searched so many places online and I cannot seem to find the answer to this. I know in the original game DayZ, there was a decent list of clothing that could be torn into rags, some even torn into more than 1 rag. Please help!

***How many times can you harvest a plant before it "dies" ? Do the plants die, become unable to be used? I know you get like 2-5 crop from most plants. What I'm wondering is if it keeps growing new crop on it's own or do you have to plant new things each harvest? [note: this is in reference to farming in the game. I am not asking about berry bushes.]

*** How long do items survive when dropped on the ground? Does the map referesh every X amount of hours?

*** Can your character get attacked while inside a civilian tent?

*** Why can bear traps hurt our characters but not barbed wire? Wouldn't it make sense to make bear traps and other similiar things only harm the enemies? Seems to give them even more of an unfair advantage than what they already have.

*** What is the purpose of the fuel can?

*** Why can certain enemies enter certain buildings? How do we know which enemies can enter buildings or which buildings they can enter? Do enemies change per island you visit? 

*** What is the secret place? How would we know we have found the secret place?

Hello sdawn, 

I am very happy to hear you are enjoying Mini DayZ as much as I do. Here are the answers to your questions, I wish you luck in your adventure of survival. ^

•  shirt, tshirt, bandana can be torn into rags.
  •  You can harvest a plant once
  •  Items dropped outside of tent can still up to 9 game hours. depends on many factors really.
  • You can be attacked inside  tent, also tent could be damaged.
  • Currently there is no purpose for the fuel can. (In the upcoming patch it will be used to travel from island three to four, and in the future will be used to fuel vehicles.)
  • Enemies entering buildings - if door is opened 
  • secret place description in latest guide: https://minidayz.com/blog/mini-dayz-guide-the-locations

I got to drive my first car! Woo-hoo! This is in browser mode though. I'm reading the posts on this forum but it's confusing to know if we are talking about mobile or browser version. Would it be possible Valbunny to create a separate sub forum like the General one but call it Browser version or something? I know you said work is being done on the forum structure here and don't know if you could create that without causing more work. 

My car experience was brief but awesome. Reverse is like 10 times faster than forward. Some bandit shot me up as I drove by so I got out and he shot me up some more :(  I got to run over some zombies though :)

Is it possible to farm in browser mode? I'm finally getting the hang of the game and making it past my 2nd night but it's always a major problem keeping food and water at good levels. 

Is there a set number of bandits in Chernarus or do they keep spawning?

I got a 2nd tent but didn't get a chance to set it up. Is there any limit to how many tents I can have in game?

Thanks again Valbunny, it seems you are the driving force keeping this forum going (in my 3 days of being here)

12 minutes ago, MarcusODmaximus said:

I got to drive my first car! Woo-hoo! This is in browser mode though. I'm reading the posts on this forum but it's confusing to know if we are talking about mobile or browser version. Would it be possible Valbunny to create a separate sub forum like the General one but call it Browser version or something? I know you said work is being done on the forum structure here and don't know if you could create that without causing more work. 

My car experience was brief but awesome. Reverse is like 10 times faster than forward. Some bandit shot me up as I drove by so I got out and he shot me up some more :(  I got to run over some zombies though :)

Is it possible to farm in browser mode? I'm finally getting the hang of the game and making it past my 2nd night but it's always a major problem keeping food and water at good levels. 

Is there a set number of bandits in Chernarus or do they keep spawning?

I got a 2nd tent but didn't get a chance to set it up. Is there any limit to how many tents I can have in game?

Thanks again Valbunny, it seems you are the driving force keeping this forum going (in my 3 days of being here)

Aha awesome driving your first car!!

There is no limit to how many tents you can have in game, and there is no limit to how many items you are able to store inside of a tent. I am not as familiar with the browser version of Mini DayZ, but I can certainly get some answers for you regarding your questions. :) As for organization of the forums, as said previously I am working on it. As for differentiation between browser and mobile version, this has been suggested as well to the admin, simply waiting for a response. ^

That's good to hear! Now I want a tent in every major town. Would still like to know if I can farm and if so then how? If I start hunting deer I think food will be easier but water.....it's still an issue. Is there another source of water other than wells and pop? I know certain food will restore some. I was running low on water so I headed to a town with a well. Well, the well was dry, oh well. So I headed to another. It was dry too. I ended up dying of dehydration with a empty water bottle and canteen, next to a river while it was pouring rain down on me. I can make a backpack from some twigs and rope, repair a vehicle and haul 200lbs of equipment across the country side without ever getting tired but I can't cup my hands together or tilt my head back and open my mouth? Yeah I know, it's game mechanics. Same reason if I'm starving than that means blood is pouring out of my body. If you find answers then great, if not thanks anyways. When my sub forum gets set up I shall discuss it with my brethren and our people will rise up from our minority status and show where the real processing power comes from. Or I'll break down and buy a smart phone like everyone else on the planet. 

16 hours ago, MarcusODmaximus said:

That's good to hear! Now I want a tent in every major town. Would still like to know if I can farm and if so then how? If I start hunting deer I think food will be easier but water.....it's still an issue. Is there another source of water other than wells and pop? I know certain food will restore some. I was running low on water so I headed to a town with a well. Well, the well was dry, oh well. So I headed to another. It was dry too. I ended up dying of dehydration with a empty water bottle and canteen, next to a river while it was pouring rain down on me. I can make a backpack from some twigs and rope, repair a vehicle and haul 200lbs of equipment across the country side without ever getting tired but I can't cup my hands together or tilt my head back and open my mouth? Yeah I know, it's game mechanics. Same reason if I'm starving than that means blood is pouring out of my body. If you find answers then great, if not thanks anyways. When my sub forum gets set up I shall discuss it with my brethren and our people will rise up from our minority status and show where the real processing power comes from. Or I'll break down and buy a smart phone like everyone else on the planet. 

Unfortunately you are unable to farm on the browser version of Mini DayZ, and bandits do eventually respawn there is not a hard limit. As for water, certain buildings like the fire station will ALWAYS have a water pump, and villages will sometimes. However since the browser version is a static map so you can memorize where the pump locations are? Also the pumps are listed on the map. Now if they have anything in them or not is a different story entirely. ^

Thank you again. I'm starting to get somewhat good at the game now. I'm on like my 5th day in game, killed about 10 bandits. This game seemed almost impossible a few days ago but now seems kinda tame, I might have to upgrade from novice. Yeah the pumps kinda suck for reliable water but they will fill your canteen for when your planning bigger excursions. I find the best way for water is just keep hitting towns or revisit ones you've been to, the respawn rate is really generous. I didn't know that about fire stations. When the dev's start working on browser again I'll be bugging for farming. I want somewhere on the map where I feel it's home and I'm safe, the tent doesn't cut it. How is it on mobile? Do you get a base set up on every island or not really necessary? You say Chernarus map is static, are the islands randomly generated? Have you tried real day-Z? I've seen a lot of vids but I gotta get something better than a macbook to play that. 

The mobile version is A LOT better than the browser version in terms of mechanics. Though it is currently the only version to feature vehicles and multilayer. No you do not set up a base each island, you rush to the third (soon fourth) set up a tent, and try to survive. You start a sort of rotation on the map and repeat that rotation every nine hours (in game time) Yes mobile version the islands are randomly generated. I have never tried DayZ but I have kept a very close eye on it for most of its development. I have been considering finally biting on it after enjoying Mini DayZ so much, but unsure if I will. I hope that it gains support for mac soon ^.