_leech

Unarmed/civi walking animation doesn't look natural

It's too fast imo. I get that most players would not wanna move too slow when walking, so therefore i think there should be an option to toggle between slower/faster walking. This would also work great for cinematics and just overall feel and gameplay. The sideways walking animation (A/D+W) seems much more natural and relaxed and looks much better, so something like that would improve the game a lot i think.

Right now you can only change between running and walking when unarmed.

I think it should be something more like this:

- When in standard unarmed running pace - C toggles between slower/faster running.

- When walking is toggled - C toggles between slower/faster walking.

Agree?

I guess the default key binding for changing pace is 2xC instead of C which is what i use but you get the idea

are you asking about the ability to change pace or do you want to see the character walk slower. If it's the latter you are after try TPW.

3 minutes ago, pvt. partz said:

are you asking about the ability to change pace or do you want to see the character walk slower. If it's the latter you are after try TPW.

I would like to have the ability to change walking speeds (and running speeds). Has tpw made a mod for that?

Ah no

Run = shift +W

jog  = W

Pace= holster or pack weapon away, or weapon up

walk= W+2xSS

Not sure if that helps

There is a neat little "holster weapon HERE if you like

3 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

Ah no

Run = shift +W

jog  = W

Pace= holster or pack weapon away

walk= W+2xSS

Not sure if that helps

There is a neat little "holster weapon HERE if you like

Shift+W would be sprinting and W would be running (anyways thats what the field manual says).

The overall of what i'm saying is that i think the current unarmed walking animation doesn't look good or has much cinematic potential so therefore a way of toggling a slower walking speed would be a great improvement.

ok that brings us back to TPW. He has adjusted the walking pace to look more like a typical "I don't give a shit" attitude in the walk. Give it a try. You can also make your own adjustment in one of the files, not sure at the moment which one though.

• Like 1

Thx for the advice. Not exactly what i was looking for though because i was hoping that bis would change this in the base game but if the adjustments includes slower walking then it might be of use.

A similar request has been suggested before with scroll wheel which would be really great too, but i wouldn't mind a simpler (and easier achievable) way of changing speeds like with a key toggle.

On 1.9.2017 at 7:09 PM, neetch said:

Thx for the advice. Not exactly what i was looking for though because i was hoping that bis would change this in the base game but if the adjustments includes slower walking then it might be of use.

A similar request has been suggested before with scroll wheel which would be really great too, but i wouldn't mind a simpler (and easier achievable) way of changing speeds like with a key toggle.

You can already set your speeds as toggle. I use combat pace/jog as toggle. I walk by holding spacebar, sprint with SHIFT and temporarily use compat pace/jog with CTRL when I'm already moving.

In controls the "temporary" controls are hold keys. For example; "optics" is toggle aim, "optics temporary" is hold key to aim, which is really efficient.

On 3/9/2017 at 2:25 PM, peegee said:

You can already set your speeds as toggle. I use combat pace/jog as toggle. I walk by holding spacebar, sprint with SHIFT and temporarily use compat pace/jog with CTRL when I'm already moving.

In controls the "temporary" controls are hold keys. For example; "optics" is toggle aim, "optics temporary" is hold key to aim, which is really efficient.

Don't know if my post is not explained good enough, hence you guys trying to teach me about controls :D

But there's only one walking speed right now. And i'd like the ability to toggle a slower one. For ambient civi's walking around, and for the player itself.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, neetch said:

Don't know if my post is not explained good enough, hence you guys trying to teach me about controls :D

I get you. The slowest moving animation is walking. This animation seems unnatural, I agree with you. It seems like the animation is too fast. 

This is because somewhere along the line BI increased the speed of the animation! (I think about the time they fatigue system was introduced) It used to be slower and more realistic! 

What I get is that the TPW mod decreases the animation speed of walk and/or let you set a speed for that animation. It sounds promising!

• Like 1

Not related to walking speed in the normal unarmed state, but I would love to fix the problem where if you hit the 'lean' key while unarmed you are stuck in a slower speed- You don't actually lean but it still applies the speed decrease.