johnnyboy

Last Tango in Tanoa - Episode 1: Missing Person [SP]

Hello agein after a long time JohnnyBoy. I bought the Apex DLC some time ago and discovered, that it's just an nice tropical enviroment and thats it! Community content alsow is not very big and interesting for me. therefore,  when I saw, that you made a mission for it, I was happy, as I knew it is going to be good. And you really did not dissapointed me.
Love the voice acting. Pure and proffessional. Do you make it in a studio?

Spoiler

Only one suggestion: I alsow started searching that house for evidence. It would be good, if you needed to find something there first. For example a piece of victim's clothing and let Boomer sniff it, who would than track.

BTW, is Boomer a common dog name in US? I noticed there is alsow a dog with this name in Far Cry 5 lol.

I'm looking folward to rest of the missions and hope there will be a campaing when they are all finished. 

• Like 1

@SlovakianLynx Thanks for the great feedback, I really appreciate it.

Your suggestion regarding the farm house (like @Undeceived's) is excellent, and it would have been better for immersion and realism.  If I find time to improve this mission I will likely do that.  I like the idea of making the player think and investigate more, but I have to balance that against players getting confused and not sure what to do next.

Regarding voice acting, I am recording using a cheap Logitech USB headset and free GoldWave software.  @AZCoder also did a great job on some of the voices, but I am not sure what hardware/software he used.

Boomer was my old dog's name, and it is a fairly common dog name in the USA.  I did see that Far Cry is using it too, which made me happy.

Please rate the mission and comment on Steam, if you have not already.   Thanks!

The next 2 missions are about 80% and 90% done.  But it will be a month or more before I release one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm using a Shure 57 condenser mic and Steinberg UR22 interface that pumps the sound into Audacity. I bought it for recording music, but it works well for voice too.

• Like 1

I just realized that on Steam mission, I forgot to credit and thank people that contributed to this mission.  Sorry about that, but its fixed now!  Steam Link.

• Like 1

Just finished. F'N awesome man -laughed my a$$ off at the end. Keep em comin Johnny.

Really enjoyed leading the dog, much more than I would have thought. Ever consider maybe using a whistle for some commands like Heel and Attack -to make it more baddass dog-like from MAd Max

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Just finished. F'N awesome man -laughed my a$$ off at the end. Keep em comin Johnny.

Really enjoyed leading the dog, much more than I would have thought. Ever consider maybe using a whistle for some commands like Heel and Attack -to make it more baddass dog-like from MAd Max

Thanks buddy, glad you enjoyed it.  Quit giving me ideas, I'm easily distracted and will never finish anything!

I never thought you can achieve such good results recording just at home.

Sorry I won't rate it, becouse:

• I don't like Steam workshop.
  • I opose the whole dumb rating system. I have learned that a long time ago, when I was visiting a rail sim sight, where you could download objects for the game. Good quality stuff had bad ratings and the ones with lesser quality was top rated.Alsow one guy rated my ArmA 2 campaign 2/10 without a good reason. Therefore I preffer to write a comment, like was already said above. RATING SYSTEMS SHOULD NOT EXIST! They are only a good tool for cowards, who don't know what positive criticism is.

Take all the time you need with the missions. Do not rush it, othervise it could loose quality.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SlovakianLynx said:
  • I opose the whole dumb rating system. I have learned that a long time ago, when I was visiting a rail sim sight, where you could download objects for the game. Good quality stuff had bad ratings and the ones with lesser quality was top rated.Alsow one guy rated my ArmA 2 campaign 2/10 without a good reason. Therefore I preffer to write a comment, like was already said above. RATING SYSTEMS SHOULD NOT EXIST! They are only a good tool for cowards, who don't know what positive criticism is.

I totally agree with you, but on the other hand exactly this is why positive ratings are important. Reality is that this bad SW rating systems is there and players look at the stars while searching for good missions. Comments are great and as I said earlier they are what motivates more and are useful and stuff but they are only seen if the player enters the mission web page. And that's what positive ratings are needed for.

Therefore I can just encourage you to give it (and every mission/campaign/addon you like) a :icon14:.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SlovakianLynx said:

I've noticed that too, but I've also received erroneous comments from some about a bug that was the user's mistake for not loading the mods, then others think the missions are broken and won't play it. At least it's more informative than 1 star.

Should Dr. Sanjay return in episode 2?   

"This might hurt a little..."

Dr_Sanjay.jpg

how do you delete these friggin' spoiler tags if you decide you don't want them?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

LOL I just realized the name -is that Dr Sanjay Goopta?

And yeah you have to continue down that trajectory - i want payback medieval style

You deserve an official BI award for most disturbed mission designer

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

LOL I just realized the name -is that Dr Sanjay Goopta?

And yeah you have to continue down that trajectory - i want payback medieval style

Goopta?!  No way buddy, my Dr. Sanjay is a skilled surgeon, not a TV hack doctor!!  He may lose more than his fair share of patients on the operating table, but he would never shill for CNN!

"Payback"....hmmm...good title candidate for upcoming mission....

• Like 2

On ‎01‎.‎05‎.‎2018 at 6:48 PM, johnnyboy said:

Should Dr. Sanjay return in episode 2?   

"This might hurt a little..."

Dr_Sanjay.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

how do you delete these friggin' spoiler tags if you decide you don't want them?????

F*** YEAH!

• Haha 4

Some preview pics from Episode 2...

Fish schools, Dry Dive Hemets, Sunken Temple...  Who wants to go fishing?

20180529145123_1.jpg

Fish_Near_Tower.jpg

20180529145059_1.jpg

• Like 9

You didn't mention snakes. There won't be snakes under water, right?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AZCoder said:

You didn't mention snakes. There won't be snakes under water, right?

Don't count on it dude.  Sea snakes are some of the most deadly snakes there are!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Fish schools

Nice pictures johnnyboy !

These group of fish are spawned right?

If yes , is this code available ?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GEORGE FLOROS GR said:

Nice pictures johnnyboy !

These group of fish are spawned right?

If yes , is this code available ?

I'm working on a JBOY_Fish_School script now that creates the schools you see in the pics.  Its still buggy, but I will release it once its clean.   The scripts support two travel modes:

• Circle - You place a hidden helper object to be center of circle, and specify depth and radius, and fish will spawn into a school and circle around the center point.
  • Point-to-point - You pass in a start helper object and an end helper object, and fish school spawns and travels from start point to end point.
  • Thanks 1

Not to give you more devious ideas, but did you know about the shark mod? I tried it out once, very sophisticated, blood in the water excites them, they have pilot fish even!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AZCoder said:

Not to give you more devious ideas, but did you know about the shark mod? I tried it out once, very sophisticated, blood in the water excites them, they have pilot fish even!

I looked it at it a long time ago and it seemed not ready for prime time.   Maybe I should take another look.  Thanks.  ...<<<johnnyboy instantly derails and chases new idea, thus delaying Episode 2 completion once again :f:...>>>

• Thanks 1

sorry, first time I saw an underwater adventure for A3 and I got excited

• Like 3

Just finished this mission and really enjoyed it.

It's got a good pacing, the dog controls are pretty straightforward and work without major issues.

Voice acting was neat and matched the atmosphere of tanoa featuring very distinctive characters, the icing on the cake of a rather unusual mission.

Too bad the mission ended before I could lay waste to future encounters after relieving an enemy of his LIM-85.

:yay:

Cheers

• Like 4

On 31/5/2018 at 12:02 AM, johnnyboy said:

I'm working on a JBOY_Fish_School script

Sounds Great !

I 'll be waiting for this !

Here's a preview of part of Episode 2 - Stakeout.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1