88bfd932f4a26dc24084c8d45db54b9a.png

Server Transfer System

v1.0.3

The Server Transfer System (STS for short) is an addon that allows for the transferring of players from one server to another. STS is based off the code KillZone_Kid shared with his final post here. Expanding on KillZone_Kid's work, STS hides the transfer behind an overlay, making a nearly-flawless transition from one server to another.  The transfer overlay will eventually allow customization, but currently is simply a black screen with "Please Wait" up top. This addon does not handle the saving, storing, nor transferring of character data.  That will need to be handled by the end user.  

To transfer a client, the server must remoteExec STS_fnc_Transfer. Here is an example:

//TIMEOUT = Transfer timeout (time till it gives up on joining the server in seconds)
//AUTOJOIN = Automatically load into servers (mission must have joinUnassigned = false; in description.ext)
["IP","PORT",TIMEOUT,"PASSWORD",AUTOJOIN] remoteExec ["STS_fnc_Transfer",-2];

LICENSING
5wCFMBa.png + BI Monetization Rights

DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE ON STEAM WORKSHOP 

CHANGE LOG

v1.0.3
Now packed and signed with pboProject.
Added: Overlay between transfers
Bug: You can NOT transfer to the same server you are connected to.
Bug: Transfering to a server without -autoinit will lock the game up.

v1.0.2
Tweaked: Transfer script broken down into stages
Added: Transfer completed script
Added: Transfer failed script
Fixed: Bug causing players to autoload into all future servers after Transfer is used.
Bug: You can NOT transfer to the same server you are connected to.

v1.0.1
Added: Autojoin Parameter ( Automatically loads the player into the server ) ( Server Must Have joinUnassigned = false; in description.ext )
Added: CfgSTS Config for managing code that needs to run on display startup ( This is safe to use with other mods )

v1.0.0
- Original Publish

• Like 12

the future :headphones2: great work mate! keep it going :)

• Like 1

This is sooooo awesome! It's the missing piece to enable a persistent virtual world across different islands. Great work KeganH and KZK! :happy:

Bug: Transfering to a server without -autoinit will lock the game up.

Isn't this a missing feature or known issue, instead of a bug? Maybe an "Abort game" button on the overlay could fix this issue?

On 8/29/2017 at 0:51 PM, Matthijs said:

This is sooooo awesome! It's the missing piece to enable a persistent virtual world across different islands. Great work KeganH and KZK! :happy:

Isn't this a missing feature or known issue, instead of a bug? Maybe an "Abort game" button on the overlay could fix this issue?

More of a missing feature, I have the event to trigger it in the code, I just need to finish it off. Will do soon.

Hello , when i join a server using this mod i have 2 problems
1) i can't open my map anymore
2) when i press "!" to open the chat bar, i have the display "Please Wait" in background which pops up (or even when i press ":" and ";" to switch from a channel to another)

I had intermittent problems with the map as well.  I wasn't using this mod though, it was the KK script it came from.

On 8/31/2017 at 1:59 PM, xjoker_ said:

2) when i press "!" to open the chat bar, i have the display "Please Wait" in background which pops up (or even when i press ":" and ";" to switch from a channel to another)

This was my mistake, I was trying to hide the chat popups when loading into a server and they do not seem to unload properly, I will need to find a way to manually change them.

On 9/8/2017 at 3:53 AM, KeganH said:

This was my mistake, I was trying to hide the chat popups when loading into a server and they do not seem to unload properly, I will need to find a way to manually change them.

On 9/1/2017 at 9:47 AM, das attorney said:

I had intermittent problems with the map as well.  I wasn't using this mod though, it was the KK script it came from.

On 9/1/2017 at 5:59 AM, xjoker_ said:

Did you ever fix the map issue?

Hi,
is there anyone who has this script in action and could write a faq.

- where was something entered * .sqf / CfgRemoteExec.hpp / Functions.hpp etc.
- how is the script started by NPC?

17 minutes ago, Gamingjunkie007 said:

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

1. All users need the addon installed

2. Call the function on the server !!!

3. If you dont know SQF, open a new TAB and learn SQF.

// code needs to run on the server!
_player = param[0,objNull];
_id = owner _player;
["IP","PORT",TIMEOUT,"PASSWORD",AUTOJOIN] remoteExec ["STS_fnc_Transfer",_id];

Hey,

nice job didn't know someone actually made a mod out of the snipped 😄

Hello Guys, have a problem with this.

Script Works but tels me "Incorrect Password" , nothing to do with this, even if i set simple password 123 or abc on server and launch the command line, incorrect password is returned.

Edited by Aldar Ducken