Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

Splinter cell

BTW, are the guns real in the game? I think the pistol is supposed to be a FN FiveSeveN, and in some screens in PCG it looked like he had a P90 with silencer, scope, and laser pointer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Nov. 26 2002,02:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, are the guns real in the game? I think the pistol is supposed to be a FN FiveSeveN, and in some screens in PCG it looked like he had a P90 with silencer, scope, and laser pointer.<span id='postcolor'>

I think the rifle is a hybird.. something the NSA would make i guess tounge.gif

Tex, I've seen much better lighting and shadows in Doom3 : ) If you think this game looks cool, wait till Doom 3 rolls around.

I won't be expecting much realism from Doom 3, but it looks like the level of visual detail is going to be unprecedented. I'll probably get it out of nostalgia for the first two...good times fragging my friends over the phone line biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (eh remraf @ Nov. 26 2002,03:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tex, I've seen much better lighting and shadows in Doom3 : ) If you think this game looks cool, wait till Doom 3 rolls around.<span id='postcolor'>

yeah, but in Doom 3 the lights and shadows arent going to be a really big part of gameplay- theyll just be eye candy. Also, you will be too busy shooting at morbidly obese zombies to notice the lights

Bullshit tex... It set's the whole mood of that game. Much much more in depth and nerve racking than Half Life. It's not like the old dooms of past. It's completely new. You have zombies and shit coming out from the darkness, monsters punching through doors, pipes falling, ect. ect. Much much more immersive than any game that has came out so far.

Well, I wouldnt know, seeing as you were the one who told me not to bother with it lol.

Oh yeah, and back in yer hole there you smile.gif

Well, don't bother it if you don't want to spend 30 minutes setting up keys lol : ) Go look for it if you want. If your lucky, you'll find a copy that has all the keybinds in it : ) I love the flashligh in the game though, it's so much much much more realistic than anything out there.

Depending on what kind of system though, near 1ghz with a GeForce 4 you'll get around 4-5fps on the levels. You can always do a devmap empty though and just spawn monsters. You'll need a 1.7ghz on up just to get suitable framerates lol : ) I'm pretty sure because Aniso is at 8x, and AA is at 4x by default. Then again it could be because maps take 5 minutes to load all the textures and there is so much geometry it's not even funny. Oh well, if you want to find it go look for "doomIII.rar" Should be around 364mb and should unpack to around 1.1GB.

They're hoping to set for christmas but it may be January for all we know, they have changed the date about 3 times

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (eh remraf @ Nov. 26 2002,03:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW, if you have the leaked Alpha, you know exactly what I'm talking about.<span id='postcolor'>

Talking about using illegal copies of games are a big no-no on this board. It is that kind of stuff that gets people banned, so you should be more careful in choosing your words in the future or you won't have one on this board.