Wiki

Other choice rather than "laws of war"

Hi there.

In the last OPREP we can see there were several ideas

So how did we arrive to the Laws of War DLC? We did conceptualize around 10 other high-concepts, based on our own internal wishlists and backlogs, Feedback Tracker entries, forums discussions, and a lot of other research. Ultimately we dropped most of these concepts for reasons such as simply not having the capacity to deliver complex new features with this project.

I'm just curious: what were they? What could this DLC have been instead of Laws of war?

Thanks

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ProfTournesol said:

War of laws, lawyers vs judges.

Hahahaha :D

11 hours ago, ProfTournesol said:

War of laws, lawyers vs judges.

Ahah, why not?

After all, a court can also be considered as battlefield.

• Like 1

DLC Rescue

DLC Civilian

DLC Farm

DLC Construction

DLC Navy

Personally, I feel as if the naval side of A3 needs to be looked at. It's very lacking and is a crucial part of any modern war. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jetrise said:

Personally, I feel as if the naval side of A3 needs to be looked at. It's very lacking and is a crucial part of any modern war. 

Hi Folks,

I wholeheartedly concur - at least from an amphibious assault point of view  (LSD, LPD, LHA, LHD) - - - from actual MOVING ships... For me - this is probably the most suitable form of Naval combat for ArmA and the one I am MOST interested in seeing included - but currently seems sadly neglected...

GO NAVY !

Regards,
Scott

• Like 1

It could be nice if a dev could answer :f:

they will keep those Ideas secret. probably they will use those for further DLC's.

On 8/29/2017 at 3:09 PM, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

I wholeheartedly concur - at least from an amphibious assault point of view  (LSD, LPD, LHA, LHD) - - - from actual MOVING ships... For me - this is probably the most suitable form of Naval combat for ArmA and the one I am MOST interested in seeing included - but currently seems sadly neglected...

GO NAVY !

Regards,
Scott

I guess it comes down to engine limitations with really big vehicles, no? If I recall, wasn't the LHD from arma 3 composed of many parts?

As far as static ships, the recent carrier is nice, but I still think this would be better: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=677642222

If only we had proper VTOL F-35s. With the working elevators and internal space, you could perform aerial assaults from it with Helos delivering MRAPs and LSVs via sling loading, with the vehicles brought up from below deck on the elevators. Marshals could go out the back, but then it would be a pretty long sea journey. Blackfish barely fit on the deck, but one could even do an assault from that LHD carrying marshals and blackfish.

But I think we need something more like the Fast Sea Frame:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24109

(The arma 2 variant had a different system of attaching things to the deck, but it worked with VTOLs, this only seems to work with Helos). I'm guessing it could be updated to use Vehicle in Vehicle Loading, it would be nice if it could load more than those 2 boats, but also amphibious IFVs.

And of course if that works, a LCAC hovercraft should also work well:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26632

Lastly, we'd need some patrol boats and perhaps corvettes:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=32806

Maybe some larger ships, but I wouldn't mind if those larger vessels would be static (Like static destroyers). Arma 3 maps are so small, that larger ships don't really have reason for maneuvers, they wouldn't want to get so close to the shore anyway. A carrier/LHD placed as far on the edge of the map as possible will still be able to send planes and helos to anywhere on the map in a short time. A larger destroyer could be given an artillery weapon and computer similar to a MRLS system, and be able to bombard any part of the island(s) from quite far away.

It would be nice if it was official content, rather than a collection of mods, most of which have some major issues (like the indestructible static ships/ lack of a damage model, etc. At some point the Fast Sea Frame addon was indestructible, I'm not sure if it is now).

I quite like the fast sea frame addon though, allowing one to move around pretty fast on the water with an attack helo and transport helo on the deck, and smaller boats for a beach landing rather than helo insertion. I just wish it allowed the player to carry amphibious vehicles so that you could do beach assaults with more armor and firepower.